• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

ACh inhibitors mixed with Choline supplements?

choline alpha gpc acetylcholinerase inhibition

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chziime

• 52 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 June 2019 - 10:30 PM

Hello,

So for different reasons, I would like to experiment with Alpha GPC and/or increased dietary Choline (for methylation support) as well as Black Seed Oil (for assistance weaning off Clonazepam).

I am sometimes sensitive to cholinergics, feeling a bit agitated from them in the past, though I haven't had much chance to experiment in recent years.

If I were to both increase dietary Choline AND take low doses of black seed oil (a strong ACh inhibitors), would the increased ACh in the brain compound greatly from both of these approaches? Could it possibly be dangerous if I take/eat more Choline and it stays in the brain for longer from the ACh inhibition?

#2 Justin BoBustinBananaFanaF

• 65 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 June 2019 - 07:15 PM

From wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia...or#Side_effects

Acetylcholinesterase inhibitors:[6]

Too much ACh is dangerous. That being said, BSO didn't seem too strong of an inhibitor in my experience and most things you take if you take too much of are dangerous.

I would start as low as possible with both and slowly titrate whilst looking for side effects like Dizziness and Slow heartbeat.

BSO should help and I imagine the combination would be better than either on its own.

I would also take these things early in the day as they can mess up your sleep.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 chziime

• Topic Starter
  • 52 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 June 2019 - 07:19 PM

Thank you. So something to mindfully look out for would not necessarily be anxiety, but would be a slow heart rate and dizziness?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 Justin BoBustinBananaFanaF

• 65 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 June 2019 - 09:27 PM

I haven't experienced anxiety on it, but you should google to be sure. Your mind may be more vigilant/wakeful/clear/attentive.

My AChE inhibitor experience is that there is a relatively short half life so if you take it in the morning you will see how it makes you feel.

If those changes linger or seem severe (e.g. a pulse less than 60 unless you are an athlete) slow down.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: choline, alpha gpc, acetylcholinerase inhibition

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users