• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

How do you Trick your Doctor into prescribing Metformin?

metformin sinclair protocol

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 05:15 AM

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anybody has any experience tricking their doctor into prescribing Metformin and also, if it is typically covered by insurances?

34 Y/O male interested in taking it for preventive and longevity purposes.

Thanks

-Me

Edited by TheFountain, 03 August 2019 - 05:16 AM.

#2 smithx

• 1,433 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 07:26 PM

Usually it's not necessary to trick your doctor, and yes it's typically covered by insurance.

What is your fasting blood glucose level? If it's at all high (over 100), they would probably have no objections. If it's perfect you might have to convince them.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 04 August 2019 - 02:20 AM

Usually it's not necessary to trick your doctor, and yes it's typically covered by insurance.

What is your fasting blood glucose level? If it's at all high (over 100), they would probably have no objections. If it's perfect you might have to convince them.

My last fasting glucose was 82 my non fasting was 97. So yea, but I wanna ask them to prescribe it for longevity purposes.

Or I can have an energy drink before getting my blood work done???

:-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D

• Cheerful x 1

#4 ortcloud

• 329 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 02:26 AM

Its so cheap, why not just buy it online and forget your doctor?

I can understand if it was expensive and you needed insurance to pick up the tab but its ridiculously cheap, so that isnt a problem.

• Agree x 1

#5 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 02:28 AM

I can understand if it was expensive and you needed insurance to pick up the tab but its ridiculously cheap, so that isnt a problem.

Sources?

#6 ortcloud

• 329 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 03:08 AM

Sources?

Have you looked, its not that hard. I would be glad to help, but honestly have you looked?

• Agree x 1

#7 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 06:35 AM

Have you looked, its not that hard. I would be glad to help, but honestly have you looked?

Well I did a quick search. But I did not find anything that looked reputable. Please feel free to PM me and let me know the best source. Thanks. 

#8 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 06:54 PM

Hey, why tell me you're gonna share a source if you're just messing around? That's rude behavior. 

#9 ortcloud

• 329 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 07:47 PM

I buy from a website in india. If you are scared off easily, maybe my source isnt the best option for you.

• Disagree x 2
  • like x 1

#10 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 August 2019 - 10:48 PM

If you live in America you can easily buy any drugs, the customs look past drugs that are not like cocaine, meth etc. I live in EU and it's strict asf, can't even buy certain herbs or supplements. (NAC, milk thistle). Regarding metformin it's like one of the easiest and cheapest drug to get your hands on online.

Edited by farshad, 08 August 2019 - 10:50 PM.

• Agree x 1

#11 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 04:06 AM

I buy from a website in india. If you are scared off easily, maybe my source isnt the best option for you.

And I bet it takes a long time? Is it Alldaychemist? The Site many of us used to buy tretinoin from?

If you live in America you can easily buy any drugs, the customs look past drugs that are not like cocaine, meth etc. I live in EU and it's strict asf, can't even buy certain herbs or supplements. (NAC, milk thistle). Regarding metformin it's like one of the easiest and cheapest drug to get your hands on online.

If you (Or anybody really) has any inside the USA sources that I could get within a week or two lemme know, hit me up in a PM. Trust me i'm not the FBI or anything, i've been a member of this site since 2008 and I have thousands of both good and masturbatory posts.

#12 ortcloud

• 329 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 05:00 AM

And I bet it takes a long time? Is it Alldaychemist? The Site many of us used to buy tretinoin from?

If you (Or anybody really) has any inside the USA sources that I could get within a week or two lemme know, hit me up in a PM. Trust me i'm not the FBI or anything, i've been a member of this site since 2008 and I have thousands of both good and masturbatory posts.

Inside the USA would be illegal for the pharmacy or supplier.

You already waited this long, not sure why you need it this week.

#13 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 07:15 AM

Inside the USA would be illegal for the pharmacy or supplier.

You already waited this long, not sure why you need it this week.

Okay, do you trust your sources purity?

#14 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 07:18 AM

I sent you a private message with a determining question.

#15 ortcloud

• 329 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 08:35 AM

Okay, do you trust your sources purity?

This is a decision you have to make, do some research until you feel safe, thats what I did and that is what you should do.

If you are that nervous about it and not sure who to trust, then ordering online is just not right for you.

Insert yourself back into the matrix and go to the doctor.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 3
  • like x 1

#16 dazed1

• 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 August 2019 - 12:59 AM

Easiest thing ever. You eat chocolate, 1h before blood work, - done.

• Enjoying the show x 1

#17 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 05:51 AM

This is a decision you have to make, do some research until you feel safe, thats what I did and that is what you should do.

If you are that nervous about it and not sure who to trust, then ordering online is just not right for you.

Insert yourself back into the matrix and go to the doctor.

Meh, anyway, I ordered from ADC thanks for nothing. Not sure why you feel the need to be that way. But that's on you. 

• Unfriendly x 2
  • Agree x 2

#18 ortcloud

• 329 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 05:58 PM

Meh, anyway, I ordered from ADC thanks for nothing. Not sure why you feel the need to be that way. But that's on you. 

Congrats, doesnt it feel good to be independent and make decisions on your own?

• Pointless, Timewasting x 2
  • Unfriendly x 2
  • like x 1

#19 GABAergic

• 349 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 11:05 PM

thefountain, im going to europe for a while and its easily sold there. i can buy extra packs if you still need any. im not yet sure of the price though so im not sure how much ill spend. do you want me to get you at least one box? i know ill get few for some other people as well.

#20 Rocket

• 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 August 2019 - 01:20 AM

International antiaging systems has been a good supplier of many chemicals for myself.

Metformin is not a scheduled drug in the USA. No risks with LEAs of any kind.

Edited by Rocket, 12 August 2019 - 01:23 AM.

#21 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 04:37 AM

thefountain, im going to europe for a while and its easily sold there. i can buy extra packs if you still need any. im not yet sure of the price though so im not sure how much ill spend. do you want me to get you at least one box? i know ill get few for some other people as well.

Thank you for the offer. How would you get it to me? I did order some from ADC. Not sure how long that takes. 

#22 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 07:16 AM

Now, would any of you kind elder statesman care to inform me how long I may expect to wait for my Metformin from ADC?

• Pointless, Timewasting x 2
  • Unfriendly x 1

#23 WillNitschke

• 79 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 August 2019 - 12:37 AM

I suspect David Sinclair started this trend of people wanting to take metformin "off label". Metformin has various negative side effects, not all of which may be immediately obvious. It can also hinder or damage your body in the long run. Taking it would depend on your current health history and family health history. So for certain people this may be a legitimate balancing act.

If you're concerned about longevity, I suspect you'd be vastly better off doing regular exercise every day and eating healthy, rather than being lazy and dropping a 'magic' bill. Won't be nice if in 20 years from now you find out you've done irreparable harm to your body.

• Needs references x 2
  • Agree x 1

#24 GABAergic

• 349 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 01:59 AM

everything has side effects. exercise and "healthy eating" does too.

regards healthy eating, its personalized nutrition, not everyone can get any benefit from those so called "super foods".  some can not react at all or even have allergic or detrimental reaction based on their own gene type. 

regards exercise, well, personally i have probably lost years of my life exercising. i started as kid being soccer player and i have so much pain now as i get older. but i did switch to lifting weights, and other activities which caused me to end up in the hospital for more injuries. its the most overrated thing a person can recommend to someone. i strongly suggest if you want to exercise, only do walking! it never even helped my depression ever. and it makes sense because just recently there was a very good article stating it can only help with STRESS INDUCED DEPRESSION. which is just one type of many out there.

anyway, the fountain im leaving soon to europe, do you need metformin or not? ill get you one box if you want, im not sure of price yet but when i get it ill msg. ill also try to find links to euro pharmacies that work online so you can order in the future without problem. i did that last time there, i got some online sources and i used it in the US.

Edited by GABAergic, 15 August 2019 - 02:00 AM.

• Needs references x 1
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • dislike x 1

#25 WillNitschke

• 79 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 August 2019 - 02:32 AM

Sure, if you exercise in a really dumb way, you'll hurt yourself. I suppose dumb people shouldn't exercise but how do you stop them? My local gym, BTW, is full of dumb people... I see them every day hurting themselves in the long run. That doesn't mean exercise is 'bad', however.

As for taking metformin... if your blood sugar is basically in that sweet spot, what do you think you're achieving? You're trying to regulate something that is already optimised. Of course, what you should be doing at age 30 may not be the same as what would be ideal at age 50 or 60. Since recent research shows that metformin can block many of the benefits of exercise, it strikes me as a double edged sword. If my blood sugar levels were not ideal and I couldn't exercise for some reason, then I would reconsider that as an option, perhaps. But if I have better options I can still execute, why bother with a drug with side effects?

• dislike x 2
  • Needs references x 1
  • Unfriendly x 1
  • Agree x 1

#26 WillNitschke

• 79 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 August 2019 - 04:47 AM

BTW, it's nonsense that "everything has side effects". Most healthy foods and activities don't have side effects unless you have specific medical conditions (i.e., allergies) or over consume. A side effect can be tolerable if the benefit out weighs the downside. But if the downside is clear and the benefit is speculative, that's another story entirely.

• Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

#27 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 05:07 AM

If you're concerned about longevity, I suspect you'd be vastly better off doing regular exercise every day and eating healthy, rather than being lazy and dropping a 'magic' bill. Won't be nice if in 20 years from now you find out you've done irreparable harm to your body.

That's an interesting presumption you got there buddy. 

FYI been working out for years, weekly, cycling, doing martial arts AND eating a clean and healthy diet. 

But why not do everything you can do, not just one or two things?

Laziness perhaps?

By the way, Dr. Sinclair stated on the Joe Rogan Podcast recently that taking the standard, low dose of Metformin which is 500 mgs is actually safe for just about anybody and that these so called negative side effects are extremely rare. I mean, you have to be a serious outlier to have these negatives symptoms.

Edited by TheFountain, 15 August 2019 - 05:08 AM.

#28 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 05:10 AM

BTW, it's nonsense that "everything has side effects". Most healthy foods and activities don't have side effects unless you have specific medical conditions (i.e., allergies) or over consume. A side effect can be tolerable if the benefit out weighs the downside. But if the downside is clear and the benefit is speculative, that's another story entirely.

But didn't you just swear Metformin definitively has those side effects?

#29 WillNitschke

• 79 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 August 2019 - 10:25 AM

I don't really care what David Sinclair says he does in a podcast without offering any reasons. I'm not a blind adherent to authority figures. I have to go with the science, sorry. You have to explain what you think you can achieve by treating a condition you don't actually have, and how screwing with your liver's normal metabolism is going to actually make you live longer, just because a guy who has not produced any evidence of longevity in humans from his own research, has a particular opinion. Sounds very naive to me...

Here are some of the side effects listed in the first link that came up using Bing -

Death, hypothermia, hypotension, and resistant bradyarrhythmias have been reported due to metformin-associated lactic acidosis. Onset may be subtle and include nonspecific symptoms such as malaise, myalgia, respiratory distress, somnolence, and abdominal distress; laboratory abnormalities include low pH, increased anion gap and elevated blood lactate. The risk of lactic acidosis increases with renal or hepatic impairment, aged 65 years or older, having a radiological study with contrast, surgery, or other procedures, hypoxic states, and excessive alcohol intake. If lactic acidosis is suspected, metformin hydrochloride should be discontinued, supportive measures started in a hospital setting. Prompt hemodialysis is recommended.

And then:

More Common
  • Abdominal or stomach discomfort
  • cough or hoarseness
  • decreased appetite
  • diarrhea
  • fast or shallow breathing
  • fever or chills
  • general feeling of discomfort
  • lower back or side pain
  • muscle pain or cramping
  • painful or difficult urination
  • sleepiness
Less Common
  • Anxiety
  • blurred vision
  • chest discomfort
  • cold sweats
  • coma
  • confusion
  • cool, pale skin
  • depression
  • difficult or labored breathing
  • dizziness
  • fast, irregular, pounding, or racing heartbeat or pulse
  • feeling of warmth
  • headache
  • increased hunger
  • increased sweating
  • nausea
  • nervousness
  • nightmares
  • redness of the face, neck, arms, and occasionally, upper chest
  • seizures
  • shakiness
  • shortness of breath
  • slurred speech
  • tightness in the chest
  • unusual tiredness or weakness
Rare
  • Behavior change similar to being drunk
  • difficulty with concentrating
  • drowsiness
  • lack or loss of strength
  • restless sleep
  • unusual sleepiness

And so on... and so on...

Is it safe? What you mean by safe? If you're diabetic it might be safer to take it than not take it, buddy. It's a risk assessment situation. I'm not taking it because I heard a professor takes it on a podcast, LOL.

• Needs references x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • dislike x 1
  • Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 11:05 AM

I have to go with the science, sorry.

Okay, where's the Science you are going with? I missed that part or the pubmed article. Epidemiology doesn't really account for much regarding the viability of a treatment. You also forgot to mention that Lactic Acidosis occurs ONLY when one is irresponsibly overdosing on Metformin, barring medical issues. 

Are you scared you wouldn't be able to take it responsibly? Does this ultimately mean everybody else wouldn't take it responsibly?

Edited by TheFountain, 15 August 2019 - 11:06 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: metformin, sinclair protocol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users