• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Mifepristone worked! will it work again?

mifepristone

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 dojob

• 63 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 August 2019 - 11:28 AM

Hi Guys/girls,

About a month ago I did a one week cycle of mifepristone (600mg/day) to alleviate Hpa axis dysfunction.

I got from about 5% (of my normal self) to 25-30% in that one week. it reallly changed my life for the better but obviously i want more.

I'm wondering if another cycle will yield the same results or at least half of them, The side effects were pretty bad so i'm not really in the mood for another week.

I hope some of you can tell me more! or think with me!

kind regards,

• like x 1

#2 dojob

• Topic Starter
  • 63 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 August 2019 - 01:41 PM

Adding some information, hoping i'll get any response.

Before the mifepristone cycle life was very very dull. Couldnt do any fun activities like gaming, be in a crowded area, go on a date even cleaning my house was hard.

Now I can game for 2-3 hours straight (intense gaming like fortnite) easily clean my house except vacuuming still tickles my brain :p.

I am A lot better but i still can't be 'busy' for a longer period of time (like work) and i still have to be careful not to overdo things.

Mifepristone works by antagonizing the glucocorticoïd receptor. So this receptor is after this week more sensitive. Will I get more results by going for another week?

I really hope someone can think with me!! because my psychiatrist doesnt!

Kind regards

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 dojob

• Topic Starter
  • 63 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 August 2019 - 03:38 PM

allright no answers, i'm gonna start tonight again. Sick of the dysfunction. I'll update if anyone is interested

• like x 2

#4 The Capybara

• 196 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 03:55 AM

What was your dosage?

Did you base that on a specific published study?

Are you male or female (just wondering re your side effects)?

What (more specific) subjective problems were you treating?

Edited by The Capybara, 30 August 2019 - 03:56 AM.

#5 dojob

• Topic Starter
  • 63 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 August 2019 - 01:37 PM

thanks for responding, feels like i have some support.

I was using and am currently using 600 mg per day.

i've read all the studies i could find, the dosage i am using is of a study with participants suffering from combat related ptsd and hpa axis dysfunction.

I can't find the specific study right now, cognitive functions are worse while on mifepristone, but multiple studies also literally claim a 'reset of the hpa axis'.

Hpa axis dysfunction seems to be at the base of a lot of mental health problems(psychosis, depression etc.)

I'm a male, last cycle seemed like i had more side effects, only difference i can think of is the use of cannabis which is now ceased.

Thc also binds to the glucocorticoïd receptor(although not strong) so that might explain it.

But it's only day 1 and the elimination half life is complex; according to the label: "After a distribution phase, elimination is at first slow, the concentration decreasing by a half between about 12 and 72 hours, and then more rapid, giving an elimination half-life of 18 hours.

So the side effects may build up.

More subjective symptoms, its hard to say, basically it just doesnt feel like living, because the main problem is i cant handle a lot of stimuli and cognitive function is way off.

6 more days and i hope to get the same results!

Edited by dojob, 30 August 2019 - 01:38 PM.

• Informative x 1
  • dislike x 1

#6 The Capybara

• 196 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 10:39 PM

Do keep me posted.

If it does indeed work for you, I'll likely give it a shot "just to check it out."

#7 dojob

• Topic Starter
  • 63 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 August 2019 - 12:35 PM

have you got hpa axis dysfunction too?

First time it worked wonders! I went from barely able to manage one single game of fortnite(takes 15 mins max) to playing 2 hours in a row.

I also was able to ride a motorcycle again so i bought one and went touring. It was unthinkable before the cycle. I could do it but the next day i would get a backlash with (much more than normal)fatigue depression and sometimes anger. 

#8 dojob

• Topic Starter
  • 63 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 September 2019 - 07:58 PM

Someone disliked my post, guessing he or she didnt like that i was unable to provide some studies. Here's quotes from 2.

The mechanism through which mifepristone may be exerting effects on symptoms and neurocognitive function is unclear. It has been suggested that by blocking the GR a “resetting” of the HPA axis may occur (Belanoff et al 2002).

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC2671735/

The study of the ORG 34517 by Høyberg and colleagues in medication-free patients with major depression showed that differences between treatment arms emerged after day 7 of the trial, with significant benefits being observed at day 10–14. This was especially pronounced in patients with clearly defined HPA axis abnormalities.

Mifepristone
and its metabolites appear to retard the rate at which brain
cortisol is expelled via the glycogen pump at the blood-
brain barrier, effectively increasing cortisol levels in the
brain [1, 2]. This acute increase in cortisol leads to an
up-regulation of hippocampal mineralocorticoid receptors
(MRs); re-regulation of the balance of MR and GR receptors
is thought to play a role in the recalibration of the HPA axis.
  • Well Written x 1

#9 dojob

• Topic Starter
  • 63 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 September 2019 - 01:21 PM

Allright, finished the cycle yesterday. Cortisol is obviously high now and im very fatigued. The upcoming weeks should make clear if i made more gains. To be continued!
  • like x 1

#10 dojob

• Topic Starter
  • 63 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 September 2019 - 09:38 AM

One thing that has changed is my sleep, since my early teens it would always take me between 45-90 minutes to fall asleep(even with meditation).
Now it's 5-10, i even felt asleep before i intended to, which has never happened before!! My sleep is a lot deeper with more dreams too.
It would be great if it stays this way.
I went googling for mifepristone and sleep and Found a study.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...ubmed/18595436/
  • Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#11 genshin

• 15 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 07:40 AM

well what are the side effects you experienced?

#12 The Capybara

• 196 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 08:18 PM

Great to hear, and thanks for the update!

Can you recommend an online source?

#13 dojob

• Topic Starter
  • 63 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 September 2019 - 04:08 PM

The only side effects i experienced now were fatigue and some mild stomache discomfort in the morning.
The supplier i tot it from hasnt got any more and wont sell it anymore. Very unfortunate.

#14 NaiveRat

• 15 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 10:08 PM

Hi there!

Very excited about this recent thread!  :)

I recently just joined the forum to specifically inquire about people's experiences with Mifepristone. I read some old threads that showed a lot of promise in Mife's ability to upregulate GR and therefore re-sensitize the HPA negative feedback loop. There have been a good number of recent studies supporting this as well. Since I just signed up, I'm unable to link them at the moment. 

I, too, experienced a very long period of chronic stress, which severely impacted my HPA axis function, such that I now have trouble sleeping, I'm extremely sensitive to stress, have very bad anxiety/depression, and my memory is shot. 

Please keep us updated on your trial. :)

I see above that you lost your source, but do you have any suggestions with regard to where to look for legitimate sources? I know Alibaba sells in bulk, but I'd be very wary of buying an untested Chinese powder; it could be anything!

If anyone knows any sources for Mifepristone, please let me know! (I assume sourcing is allowed on this forum. Mods, please delete this otherwise).

#15 genshin

• 15 posts

Posted 25 September 2019 - 02:41 AM

I took 600mg for 7 days, souced from Alibaba, and I do feel it helps relieve my depression, but not a drastic change.

Capybara, I think you can check aasraw

#16 NaiveRat

• 15 posts

Posted 25 September 2019 - 07:38 PM

I took 600mg for 7 days, souced from Alibaba, and I do feel it helps relieve my depression, but not a drastic change.

Capybara, I think you can check aasraw

Is that aasraw.com? Is it a reliable vendor? I see some third party testing for some of their AASs, but not for Mife. 

Thanks!

#17 The Capybara

• 196 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 02:13 AM

Thanks for the update and sourcing!

I use aasraw for J147, and their quality has been great.

I've been buying from them for well over a year.

#18 NaiveRat

• 15 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 01:39 PM

Thanks for the update and sourcing!
I use aasraw for J147, and their quality has been great.
I've been buying from them for well over a year.

Ah, man. I think I have been possibly scammed.by aasraw. I sent my money via Western Union transfer, and now they're saying they don't have enough in stock and to select another chemical. They quoted me at 160 for 10 grams and $60 for shipping, totaling 220. They should ship a second time if they really are out.

Email:

Hi [redacted],

Thank you for your help!

I will let you know once I got the money.

And, there is a news I need to tell you that we just received a notice from the factory, our country has strict regulations on environmental pollution because the National Day. Therefore, there is no plan to produce raw powder this month, and the goods may can send out after one month. But our inventory is now only 5g. Mifepristone, so I want to know about your ideas:
1. Are you willing to ship to you after the goods arrived (one month)?
2. Or are you interested in other products? Can we replace the remaining 5g mifepristone with another product and send it to you with the remaining 5g mifepristone?

Thanks and waiting for your reply!

#19 The Capybara

• 196 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 12:33 AM

I can almost 100% guarantee that you've not been scammed.

I really do trust this company. They've never let me down in over a year with many orders placed.

Chinese chemical companies are indeed under pressure to clean up their processes to minimize pollution.

That's a good thing. It's been horrific in many areas.

If one of those purchase options they presented for mifepristone work for you, I'd just run with it.

I am not paid by Aasraw. This is my honest opinion entirely based on their track record with me.

• like x 1

#20 NaiveRat

• 15 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 01:03 AM

I can almost 100% guarantee that you've not been scammed.
I really do trust this company. They've never let me down in over a year with many orders placed.
Chinese chemical companies are indeed under pressure to clean up their processes to minimize pollution.
That's a good thing. It's been horrific in many areas.
If one of those purchase options they presented for mifepristone work for you, I'd just run with it.
I am not paid by Aasraw. This is my honest opinion entirely based on their track record with me.

Hey, thanks for the reply. After talking to them a bit more, they said they could offer my money back if I wanted to order at a later time. Doesn't seem like a scam after all.

I guess the weirdest part was that they had exactly 5g left in their warehouse when they sell in 10g increments (or larger orders, which will probably be like 20, 30, 40 - a number ending with in 0).

They had a certificate of analysis for the product yesterday, but it's gone today. Perhaps that's in anticipation of the new shipment coming in.

I'm just pretty wary when buying research chemicals/raws online. I've been scammed and sent incorrect product before. You have to put a lot of trust into these people to be ingesting the supposedly pure substance that you think you are.

Let me know how your mife trial goes! 5g should be enough for me to run a 5-7 day trial.

#21 dojob

• Topic Starter
  • 63 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 October 2019 - 06:46 PM

Hi guys!

I totally forgot about this topic because i have my notifications off.

I am really keen to hear about your experiences with mifepristone! I really hope you get same or better results like me!

I'd like to ask you if you guys maybe have tips regarding healing the hpa axis.

kind regards

#22 NaiveRat

• 15 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 01:33 AM

@Dojob How are you doing since your last trial? Notice sustained improvement? Any negative sides that have persisted?

I plan to start my trial in December when I'm off school and will report back. 

#23 dojob

• Topic Starter
  • 63 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 November 2019 - 02:30 PM

Hi NaiveRat,

thanks for the reply. To make a long story short; I fucked up, i got addicted to kratom.

I am tapering it. 

My first treatment with mifepristone brought me a lot. The second a bit less. I'm guessing it was too fast after the first one.

There are no negative side effects that persisted.

I hope you get same results or even better than me, I would like to hear about it.

I will do another cycle too but probably in february, i first got to deal with what is ahead of me.

kind regards

#24 world33

• 214 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 December 2019 - 06:42 AM

Please read this thread for additional info
https://www.longecit...ristone-source/

I find apigenin and quercetin to help with high cortisol and chronic stress. PM me for source of Mife on Alibaba.

#25 dojob

• Topic Starter
  • 63 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 December 2019 - 03:02 PM

Thanks world33 for the additional information.
Naiverat, we're in december now. I'm curious if you have started or are maybe already finished. Let us know!

#26 Seganfredo

• 108 posts

Posted 28 December 2019 - 02:31 AM

Hey guys,

Honestly, WTF with everyone having effed HPA axis? Has there ever been a time where more people had the problem?

I'm aother dude dealing with HPA axis dysregulation.

Since the condition forced me out of med school, I've been literally studying day and night for an ultimate cure, obsessing over it, and it's been a very lonely path. I feel it's great there are others, so we can help each other out, compare notes and experiments.

A shame I'm not in a computer, its pretty hard to use the forum with a cell phone.
But I've tried and am trying a million things. And I have improved some 70-90%. I used to have to go to ER almost on a weekly basis, and now I'm close to my normal self.

If you guys check my post history, you'll find what I've been doing. It's well worth it.

What I'm most interested in trying now (and calculate it will deliver a positive long term result) is hydrogen peroxide 35% food grade. As per The One Minute Cure book.

Anyone tried it?

I will, and I intend on keeping you guys posted.

But now, I seriously ask again... how can there be so many guys with screwed up HPA axis? That defies all odds, it's NOT normal. What, have "they" been putting something on our food/ water/ air??

#27 Izan

• 387 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 02:51 PM

Any more experiences on Mifepristone?

#28 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 03:36 PM

Can anyone suggest a source for Mifepristone?

#29 NaiveRat

• 15 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 05:32 AM

Hey, guys. I received my mifepristone but have yet to trial it. I am a bit nervous considering how experimental the is and the fact that it is able to up-regulate PR in addition to GR, which is notorious for hindering sexuality in men. 

I have both PSSD (post-SSRI sexual dysfunction) and HPA axis dysfunction. The two may somehow be linked, as they developed at similar times. 

I have been running some other drug trials but surely plan to try this in the future still. I received my order from AASraw. It was expensive, but these health problems have ruined my life, so it's a drop in the bucket. 

Good luck, all! Keep the thread updated!

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#30 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 06:42 AM

Hey, guys. I received my mifepristone but have yet to trial it. I am a bit nervous considering how experimental the is and the fact that it is able to up-regulate PR in addition to GR, which is notorious for hindering sexuality in men. 

I have both PSSD (post-SSRI sexual dysfunction) and HPA axis dysfunction. The two may somehow be linked, as they developed at similar times. 

I have been running some other drug trials but surely plan to try this in the future still. I received my order from AASraw. It was expensive, but these health problems have ruined my life, so it's a drop in the bucket. 

Good luck, all! Keep the thread updated!

Where did you get your Mifepristone if you don't mind me asking?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mifepristone

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users