• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Does anybody know what David Sinclair's Diet is?

diet nmn longevity sinclair equation

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 05:36 AM

Just wondering, he says something about low protein but that's all I know. 

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#2 BieraK

• 274 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 August 2019 - 01:26 AM

Sinclair said to Joe Rogan he is a "night eater".

He mix 500 mg resveratrol with 1000 mg NMN with yogurt in the morning. Apparently he does not eat until afternoon because "works non-stop the entire day". 

I don't think he eats vegan or something similar, apparently the guy eats a balanced diet, meat included after the end of the job, food as a social activity included. Nothing too rigorous like Valter Longo. 

He takes metformin before bed. 

In my impression, many scientists working in the anti-aging area do not want to carry out rigorous lifestyles, a stoic life of deprivation, on the contrary they want to eat and enjoy the comfort of the (post)modern lifestyle. It is for the same reason that they investigate about drugs or technologies that allow humans to imitate the effects of caloric restriction or other means that increase longevity, and apparently David Sinclair is one of them.

• Needs references x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • Informative x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 12:10 AM

Sinclair said to Joe Rogan he is a "night eater".

He mix 500 mg resveratrol with 1000 mg NMN with yogurt in the morning. Apparently he does not eat until afternoon because "works non-stop the entire day". 

I don't think he eats vegan or something similar, apparently the guy eats a balanced diet, meat included after the end of the job, food as a social activity included. Nothing too rigorous like Valter Longo. 

He takes metformin before bed. 

In my impression, many scientists working in the anti-aging area do not want to carry out rigorous lifestyles, a stoic life of deprivation, on the contrary they want to eat and enjoy the comfort of the (post)modern lifestyle. It is for the same reason that they investigate about drugs or technologies that allow humans to imitate the effects of caloric restriction or other means that increase longevity, and apparently David Sinclair is one of them.

He does however, according to that same Podcast, limit Animal flesh. I don't know how much he consumes. I wasn't so much interested in a moral description of his diet so much as what he, scientifically based, decides to put into his own body.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: diet, nmn, longevity, sinclair equation

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users