Optimism in a pill?

mind

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 faxmulder

• 101 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 08:26 PM

Hi guys,

obviously I know that being optimistic is about attitude, mindset, own character, education etc etc.

Anyways I was wondering: is there any supplement, according to your experience, that could help in having a less pessimistic, less “always-worrying-about-the-future” outlook?

Thanks for your insight!

#2 Galaxyshock

• 1,460 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 12:37 PM

Gotu Kola promotes calm and positive mind at least for me.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 faxmulder

• Topic Starter
  • 101 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 01:28 PM

Thanks mate, which dosage? Paired with other supplements?
Did you experience any loss of libido or other anti-androgenic side effects?

#4 Galaxyshock

• 1,460 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 12:24 PM

Thanks mate, which dosage? Paired with other supplements?
Did you experience any loss of libido or other anti-androgenic side effects?

3 grams of whole herb is effective dose for me, once or twice a day. Start with 1 gram and increase if needed. Some studies have gone up to 12 grams a day. Gotu Kola goes well with Panax Ginseng and/or Ginkgo. No side effects noted.

#5 Fafner55

• 300 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 August 2019 - 12:37 PM

5-HTP is a precursor to serotonin. At 200 mg doses, it is inexpensive and effective in boosting serotonin, particularly in the case of age-related decline. It will brighten your outlook.

1. https://examine.com/supplements/5-htp/
  2. “Serotonin regulates mitochondrial biogenesis and function in rodent cortical neurons via the 5-HT2A receptor and SIRT1–PGC-1α axis” (2019) https://www.pnas.org...nt/116/22/11028

#6 faxmulder

• Topic Starter
  • 101 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 06:20 PM

Thanks mate. Are you pairing HTP with other supplements?
I’ve read that high doses of HTP could cause heart problems in the long term and for this reason it’s better to supplement tryptophan. Do you have any experience with it?

#7 Fafner55

• 300 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 August 2019 - 07:29 PM

I've taken 5-HTP before bed with good results (positive mood, less anxiety) and no negative side effects. 

#8 Rocket

• 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 August 2019 - 12:14 AM

Optimism in a pill? Interesting thread. Tramadol gives me just that when dosed correctly. Whatever is wrong, not going right, whatever, I become extremely positive and optimistic. I think its an opioid, so there you have it. I rarely use it for pain, but enjoy the mood change when I do need to take it.

I have read numerous people use high doses of tyrosine with success. I myself started mixing 10g in with protein shakes and get no effect. Many things that work on other people have no effect on me.....

Modafinil is another good one.

Edited by Rocket, 21 August 2019 - 12:19 AM.

#9 faxmulder

• Topic Starter
  • 101 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 09:22 AM

Thanks mate. Tyrosine looks indeed interesting and I’d like to try, since it’s involved in the synthesis of dopamine.
However I’m concerned about the fact that it could create new moles.. I have lots of them.

Have you ever tried adaptogen such as Rhodiola, ginseng or cordyceps?

#10 Rocket

• 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 August 2019 - 01:33 PM

Thanks mate. Tyrosine looks indeed interesting and I’d like to try, since it’s involved in the synthesis of dopamine.
However I’m concerned about the fact that it could create new moles.. I have lots of them.

Have you ever tried adaptogen such as Rhodiola, ginseng or cordyceps?

Rhodiola like most things has no effect on me. There is something about my body chemistry where things don't work for me like they do other people. I once woke up on an operating table, thankfully though at the end of the procedure.

#11 stan08

• 175 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 August 2019 - 08:16 PM

Optimism in a pill? Interesting thread. Tramadol gives me just that when dosed correctly. Whatever is wrong, not going right, whatever, I become extremely positive and optimistic. I think its an opioid, so there you have it. I rarely use it for pain, but enjoy the mood change when I do need to take it.

I have read numerous people use high doses of tyrosine with success. I myself started mixing 10g in with protein shakes and get no effect. Many things that work on other people have no effect on me.....

Modafinil is another good one.

You didn't feel an effect because you mixed it with protein.  You have to take tyrosine on an empty stomach because otherwise it's competing for uptake with the other amino acids in your protein shake.

#12 Rocket

• 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 August 2019 - 01:32 AM

You didn't feel an effect because you mixed it with protein. You have to take tyrosine on an empty stomach because otherwise it's competing for uptake with the other amino acids in your protein shake.

Huh. Will try that soon!

#13 Rocket

• 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 August 2019 - 12:56 AM

Huh. Will try that soon!

Sigh. 3x 10g tyrosine on empty stomach and no effect of any kind.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#14 stan08

• 175 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 August 2019 - 02:56 PM

Sigh. 3x 10g tyrosine on empty stomach and no effect of any kind.

That sucks. Anything above 2 g I definitely feel. Sorry to hear it doesn't do anything for you.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mind

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users