Plenity weight loss

weight loss

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dalack

• 68 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 August 2019 - 05:50 PM

I'm interested in this new drug thats supposed to decrease the amount you eat at meals but its not available yet and i'm sure its not going to be cheap. 

https://www.myplenit...m/#the-benefits

It seems like a pretty simple formula of citric acid and cellulose cross linked.

PLENITY is administered in the form of capsules taken with water before lunch and dinner. PLENITY is made by cross-linking two naturally-derived building blocks – cellulose and citric acid – to create a three-dimensional hydrogel matrix. 

I found this article and it seems the process of cross linking these substances is pretty straight forward.

http://www.ijpsonlin...ug-delivery.pdf

Preparation of citric acid crosslinked TG-based hydrogel films: The citric acid crosslinked hydrogel films of TGCMC were prepared by esterification-crosslinking mechanism, as reported elsewhere[10]. Two percent w/v aqueous solutions containing TG, CMC and citric acid were prepared using a mechanical stirrer (RQG126D, Remi, India), at room temperature (Table 1). The solutions were kept overnight to remove the entrapped air bubbles. The aqueous solutions (50 ml) were casted into 9 cm diameter Petri dishes and Parameter Batch code B1 B2 B3 C1 D1 TG:CMC* 1:1 2:1 3:1 1:1 1:1 Citric acid (%) 10 10 10 15 20 Curing temperature (°) 140 140 140 140 140 Curing time (min) 5 5 5 5 5 TABLE 1: CMC AND TG HYDROGEL FILMS TG- tamarind gum; CMC- carboxymethyl cellulose (sodium salt); *total polymer concentration equivalent to 2 % w/v www.ijpsonline.com July-August 2018 Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences 659 dried at 50° for 24 h. The resulting films were cured at 140° for 5 min. The curing temperature and curing time was sufficient to achieve crosslinking. The cured hydrogel films were washed with distilled water and isopropyl alcohol for 1 h in order to remove untreated entities. Then, the hydrogel films were dried in a hot air oven at 50° for 24 h and stored in a desiccator until use. The parameters such as concentrations of TG, CMC, citric acid and curing time were varied individually to study their effect on hydrogel properties[31].

Does anyone have any experience with this type of process and how difficult it would be to produce?

Thanks

David

#2 dalack

• Topic Starter
  • 68 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 August 2019 - 06:06 PM

I'm wondering if you take the combination together at the same time if it will accomplish the same thing? 

These compounds are readily available on amazon 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: weight loss

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users