• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Resources for advanced warning related to pharmaceuticals?

fluoroquinolones

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 YOLF

Posted 27 August 2019 - 03:58 PM

I was reading a paper about Fluoroquinolone antibiotics and realized just how important it is to have advanced warning for drugs that may save our lives. I'm not talking about WebMD either... I'm looking for a concentrated source of information regarding what drugs may cause catastrophic health ills.

• Good Point x 1
  • like x 1

#2 Sdescon

• 21 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 01:03 AM

You can subscribe to the FDA MedWatch emailing list (FDA Safety Information and Adverse Events Reporting Program) or just use the safety website which broadcasts alerts

https://www.fda.gov/...s-safety-alerts

https://www.fda.gov/...edwatch-program

FDA will usually send an email through this any time there is a recall, contamination, or a major new blackbox warning. If you have access to a university/college health sciences library portal, some good databases include Lexi-Comp or UptoDate. Unfortunately a lot of this stuff is paywalled.

Edited by Sdescon, 03 September 2020 - 01:03 AM.

#3 YOLF

• Topic Starter
  • 8,249 posts

Posted 01 October 2020 - 01:41 AM

Well, it seems that the FDA was slow to react. There were various "crazies" out there who were championing the cause long before the FDA and lawyers picked it up. I'm looking for follow those "crazies" who noticed it first.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. [] To go ad-free join as a Member.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fluoroquinolones

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users