• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Presbyopia (age-related long-sightedness) - any successful remedies?

presbyopia

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 StephCThomp

• 78 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 August 2019 - 12:29 PM

Has anyone here had personal success with reversing Presbyopia using eye drops, exercises or supplements? 

Please do tell, because it's driving me increasingly batty.  I may still look young, but I no longer see young :wacko:

Edited by StephCThomp, 29 August 2019 - 12:31 PM.

#2 Puppalupacus

• 60 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 August 2019 - 07:53 PM

I'm still waiting for EV06 to made available.  There was limited interest in a group buy for synthesis.  Drives me up the wall, as well.  I've gotten used to pulling my glasses down countless times per day.  I absolutely hate progressive lenses.  How wonderful it would be to see things up close like I used to.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Oakman

Posted 30 August 2019 - 08:53 PM

No success with "drops, exercises or supplements", not that I haven't tried. And I have no problems with progressive lenses either, even with the negatives of glasses. However, multi-focal contacts are the best vision correction solution (when not wearing glasses) for presbyopia. How they work is a mystery to me, but for many situations they come close to restoring your original young vision as possible.  Read books, tiny laptop screens, labels on bottles are all possible... with normal long distance vision. They are pretty amazing when you consider what they 'fix' for us!

• like x 1

#4 Andey

• 673 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 04:25 PM

I'm still waiting for EV06 to made available.  There was limited interest in a group buy for synthesis.  Drives me up the wall, as well.  I've gotten used to pulling my glasses down countless times per day.  I absolutely hate progressive lenses.  How wonderful it would be to see things up close like I used to.

Could the plain topical ALA be of some help?

For example this https://theordinary....t-30ml#acidlink

At least some degree of work on EV06 is to improve permeability to the eye. (with 1.5% concentration in a solution)

Could be that ALA is less effective than EV06 but still effective to a some degree? At least when generating hypothesis researches should have started with readily available ALA. I would not risk to put it directly on the eye but spreading 5%ALA on the skin around, including eyelid, could drive some of it into the cornea and further.

if simple ALA given some time could help with Presbyopia, would Novartis disclosure it to the public for free or would it develop some smart ass delivery prodrug that would give them substantial profit?

P.S. Looks like eye tolerates eye drops down to PH4.5 so putting some diluted direct ALA to it is not out of realm of possibility.  https://www.ncbi.nlm...es/PMC4270978/ 

P.P.S. Its definitely possible. Here researchers used 1% ALA as eye drops and it penetrated into the eye. https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/20456443

Edited by Andey, 31 August 2019 - 04:57 PM.

• like x 1

#5 Oakman

Posted 01 September 2019 - 11:30 PM

More possibilities on the horizon.  

Presbyopia Eye Drops are in Sight

Interestingly, here's a rather strange eye drop containing ALA available on Amazon.

Edited by Oakman, 01 September 2019 - 11:35 PM.

• like x 1

#6 Phoebus

• 851 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 12:21 AM

First US-Approved Nerve Growth Factor is for the Eye

https://ois.net/firs...eeRevbENE_js738

and 

https://www.wellrx.c...eeRevbENE_js738

Edited by Phoebus, 02 September 2019 - 12:22 AM.

• Off-Topic x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 1

#7 StephCThomp

• Topic Starter
  • 78 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 September 2019 - 10:17 AM

Interestingly, here's a rather strange eye drop containing ALA available on Amazon.

Eek, but 'don't it make my brown eyes blue' ?   ;) 

#8 StephCThomp

• Topic Starter
  • 78 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 September 2019 - 10:27 AM

Could the plain topical ALA be of some help?

For example this https://theordinary....t-30ml#acidlink

At least some degree of work on EV06 is to improve permeability to the eye. (with 1.5% concentration in a solution)

Could be that ALA is less effective than EV06 but still effective to a some degree? At least when generating hypothesis researches should have started with readily available ALA. I would not risk to put it directly on the eye but spreading 5%ALA on the skin around, including eyelid, could drive some of it into the cornea and further.

if simple ALA given some time could help with Presbyopia, would Novartis disclosure it to the public for free or would it develop some smart ass delivery prodrug that would give them substantial profit?

P.S. Looks like eye tolerates eye drops down to PH4.5 so putting some diluted direct ALA to it is not out of realm of possibility.  https://www.ncbi.nlm...es/PMC4270978/ 

P.P.S. Its definitely possible. Here researchers used 1% ALA as eye drops and it penetrated into the eye. https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/20456443

I had the same thoughts.  I have some ALA so have begun experimenting with a simple aqueous solution.  It smells strongly of sulphur, which is a little off-putting, but no problem so far.

• like x 1

#9 Puppalupacus

• 60 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 September 2019 - 02:15 PM

I'm very interested to hear your results.  It seems such a simple solution (literally and figuratively).  My concern is just where to get pure ALA and the vehicle/carrier.. or whatever it's called.

#10 korpesh

• 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 November 2019 - 07:58 PM

Hey, I am getting really impatient with Novartis getting these drops out, as they appear to be able to near-permanently reverse presbyopia. I found this place online. https://www.medkoo.com/products/12288 Does anyone with more experience dealing with these types of companies know what you have to do to order from them? And how we make it into the eye drop? I can't wait another two or three years for Novartis to actually put these out. If somebody can get it, I'll put these stuff in my eyes. 

• like x 1

#11 Rocket

• 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 June 2020 - 12:27 AM

Argh! Another promising compound that has fallen off the radar. I would give anything to have the vision I had 7 years ago. Lately I've noticed that vision while driving may benefit from.... Ugh... Glasses.
  • like x 1

#12 caston

• 2,141 posts

Posted 18 January 2023 - 09:59 AM

Any updates on this?

I am 41 and now have the dreaded presbyopia!

I have been taking vitamin A as well as a Bilberry & Lutein supplement. I'm not yet wearing corrective lenses but it looks like I will have to soon. I have already increased the font on my smart phone's accessibility options.

It looks like EV06 has been dropped before reaching market.
Other options:
Sinclair's AAVs carrying OSK genes !

α-glucosyl-hesperidin

VUITY™ (pilocarpine HCI ophthalmic solution) (3 hours of improved vision by shrinking the pupil)

Edited by caston, 18 January 2023 - 10:01 AM.

• like x 1

#13 caston

• 2,141 posts

Posted 31 January 2023 - 11:52 AM

Sorry to reply to my own post but my vision has improved simply by eating more butter. Butter is rich in beta-carotene.

#14 yucca06

• 74 posts

Posted 08 August 2023 - 12:25 PM

Natural light exposure (no glasses) and Rife frequencies devices. You’ve just to use the right frequency for 5-6 weeks, daily.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#15 Old grandpa

• 42 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 February 2024 - 03:33 PM

I took DMSO internally for awhile, 15 ml. mixed in 15 ml. of water, and my presbyopia disappeared. I'm 60 and I can see up close better than my 40 year old son. My wife also took DMSO and her vision didn't change. I think one of the reasons DMSO was not FDA approved had something to do with vision changes in dogs. So maybe not worth the risk? But it did work for me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: presbyopia

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users