* * * * * 1 votes

Natural MAOB inhibitors?

adhd mao mao-b natural supplements

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 chrisv

• 15 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 05:15 PM

I'm a big fan of natural substances with pharmacological properties. Does anyone know of any effective natural MAO-B inhibitors? I have the risk allele of the MAO-B (rs1799836, fast MAO-B,) and was hoping to to inhibit it's activity.

#2 sedentary

• 155 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 11:22 PM

i believe kratom is one

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 chrisv

• Topic Starter
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 11:23 PM

i believe kratom is one

Nah, that's an endorphin agonist

#4 sedentary

• 155 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 11:39 PM

whats wrong with pharmaceuticals? natural things can have just as many side effects and be as dangerous. most of the supplements sold as natural are very standardized, dilluted and controlled to make sure no harm is done. but ive taken all those herbs sold as supplements by their whole and ive experienced many side effects. nature is brutal!

• Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 chrisv

• Topic Starter
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 11:57 PM

I'm fine with pharmaceuticals - but sometimes dealing with the prescription aspect is a major pain in the ass. For example I just saw the doctor and it's another 3+ weeks before I can get in to see the right psychiatrist for Selegiline. So I'm looking for something in the meantime and something as backup.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: adhd, mao, mao-b, natural, supplements

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users