• NO

Posted 07 September 2019 - 08:10 AM

https://www.nature.c...586-019-02638-w

Interesting study

#2 William Sterog

• 505 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 September 2019 - 08:24 AM

Growth hormone, dehydroepiandrosterone and Metformin. I don't know why DHEA is called an anti-diabetic drug when it is an endogenous hormone.

Evidence from animal and some human studies shows that growth hormone stimulates regeneration of the thymus. But this hormone can also promote diabetes, so the trial included two widely used anti-diabetic drugs, dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) and metformin, in the treatment cocktail.

In my opinion, the important thing here is maintaining youthful levels of hormones. I doubt that Metformin is even positive for a healthy person.
  • Needs references x 1
  • Ill informed x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Knowbody

• 13 posts

Posted 07 September 2019 - 10:22 AM

Effects of growth hormone on glucose metabolism and insulin resistance in human

"The diabetogenic effect of GH was also supported by the high prevalence of diabetes in acromegaly patients [1]. The effects of GH on systemic glycemic control is complex partly due to its indirect effects via insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1), which has glucose-lowering effects similar to insulin. For instance, adults with GH deficiency are paradoxically associated with abdominal obesity and insulin resistance, which may be partly associated with their reduced IGF-1 action."

When giving exogenous GH to 'older' people, IGF-1 release is not as pronounced as in younger people. For this reason, a well known hormone clinic recommends IGF-1 to patients over 50 years of age.

Instead of (or additionally to) giving DHEA, maybe they should have given IGF-1.

#4 Kevnzworld

• 885 posts

Posted 07 September 2019 - 08:47 PM

Josh did a great analysis of this study.
https://joshmitteldo...something-else/
  • Agree x 2

#5 ryukenden

• Topic Starter
  • 232 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 September 2019 - 07:14 AM

Josh did a great analysis of this study.
https://joshmitteldo...something-else/

Thanks for the link.
Anyone trying the combination? It might be difficult to get Growth hormone.

#6 Ibbz

• 42 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 September 2019 - 12:08 PM

Thanks for the link.
Anyone trying the combination? It might be difficult to get Growth hormone.

Would something like MK677 achieve a similar effect?

#7 Kevnzworld

• 885 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 08:12 PM

Ive been cycling a moderate dose of GH for about a year to help maintain muscle. On two weeks, off one week. I take somewhat less than in the study.
I also take DHEA, metformin and zinc.
I had done the DNAage test about 18 months ago and tested at my age. I would be curious to retake it and see if my results have changed.
  • Enjoying the show x 2
  • Informative x 1

#8 brosci

• 269 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 06:28 AM

In the past, I had read that DHEA was likely to increase estrogen in men and had some association with prostate cancer. Are these concerns with long-term low-dose DHEA?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#9 Knowbody

• 13 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 07:15 AM

In the past, I had read that DHEA was likely to increase estrogen in men and had some association with prostate cancer. Are these concerns with long-term low-dose DHEA?

If possible, have some blood tests done (include vitamin D as well). That way you can optimize the dosage. I have been on DHEA for years (25-40mg/day). My estrogen however turned out to be below reference range.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: epigenetic clock

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users