• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Safety of (somewhat high dose) Rhodiola 600mg / Mucuna 800mg / Flowering Quince 1g stack

rhodiolamucuna quince energy concentration

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 chrisv

• 15 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 12:59 PM

I'm debating developing an inexpensive concentration nootropic stack that contains decent amounts of Rhodiola / Mucuna / Flowering Quince.

I was thinking:

• Rhodiola 600mg
  • Mucuna 800mg
  • Flowering Quince 1g

Or is this overkill. I want it to be safe for people, but also effective. Many of these stacks don't have enough active ingredient to be effective.

So I'm trying to find the sweet spot of just the right amounts. Flowering Quince is the first one I'd cut back on if necessary.

Thoughts?

#2 DaveX

• 84 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 09:14 PM

I generally wouldn't take Mucuna (L-Dopa), it gave me dyskinesia symptoms after a while, which I mostly got rid off by HDAC inhibitors Sodium Butyrate, Curcumin and Vitamin B3. However it probably varies by predisposition and dose. I guess 500mg Mucuna Pruriens might be fine. That's just my take, many probably have no issues with it.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 chrisv

• Topic Starter
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 03:52 AM

I generally wouldn't take Mucuna (L-Dopa), it gave me dyskinesia symptoms after a while, which I mostly got rid off by HDAC inhibitors Sodium Butyrate, Curcumin and Vitamin B3. However it probably varies by predisposition and dose. I guess 500mg Mucuna Pruriens might be fine. That's just my take, many probably have no issues with it.

Interesting. Why do you think that is? Did it make you lethargic and depressed as well? I'm wondering if your receptors downregulated.

#4 DaveX

• 84 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 02:31 PM

I don't really know the mechanism of it. However look (google) for L-Dopa and dyskinesia and it's one the hottest topics in Parkinson research... It is well known and almost seems to be standardly expected. No, it didn't change my mood in any notable way. (It doesn't seem to be related to a weakened dopamine system directly, but rather subtle adjustments from an already weak doapmine system. It is either oversensistivity or excessive firing. However L-Dopa does weaken or imbalance a healthy dopamine system on its own I think.)
However I was taking 2 grams or so.

Edited by DaveX, 19 September 2019 - 02:35 PM.

• Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 Fredsify

• 6 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 05:00 AM

The thing here is nobody has enough information about these topics and there isn't enough research information available on these things so wether or not is safe, like how, long term or short term? Short term yeah def, long term? who knows.. no one knows.. anything else is just conjecture based on a limited range of non duplicated studies. 

I can tell you that I know about one study tho weak as it is that showed that mice had improved life expectancy with rhodiola at 600mg but decreased at above 800. Can't find link atm. But that's a MOUSE, so, it doesn't really count for anything really. 

Edited by Fredsify, 12 December 2019 - 05:00 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rhodiolamucuna, quince, energy, concentration

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users