3 Drug Combination

rapamycin lithium trametinib

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 mkp6019

• 37 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 October 2019 - 11:56 AM

A study has come out recently from University College London (Science Daily) that used a 3 drug combination on fruit flies and found the synergies of lifespan extension using lithium, rapamycin and trametinib were much greater than the individual drugs.  The drugs act on separate signalling pathways within nutrient sensing network. Specifically, lithium is believe to cancel out the potential for insulin resistance from taking Rapamycin.

Fruit flies aren't as complex as human but lithium and rapamycin have been used for lifespan. I wonder if anyone here is considering this protocol. Trametinib looks cost prohibitive currently. But adding lithium alongside rapamycin may be worth a look.

• Informative x 4

#2 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 02:23 PM

Are they dosing acutely or chronically?  I'd be a bit leery of taking a cancer drug chronically unless I had cancer.

Hopefully someone will move the testing over to mice asap.

• Good Point x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 mkp6019

• Topic Starter
  • 37 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 October 2019 - 05:56 PM

Hi Daniel,

The cancer drug is more of an unknown here so I would likely not be the first to try this.  Rapamycin does intrigue me though and this study make me more curious about acutely dosing along with daily lithium. Will definitely put it on my watch list.

#4 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 08:40 PM

Low dose or infrequent dosing of rapamycin doesn't give me a lot of concern.  And I already take lithium orotate 5mg every other day, so clearly I'm not concerned about that one.  The trametinib is the unknown to me since I have never researched it.  Presumably it is in the same family as dasatinib and they may be using it for it's senolytic properties.

We really need mouse/rat testing since what works on fruit flys frequently does nothing in humans and I have no idea how to get a reliable HED from fruit fly to man.  That will obviously take a few years though.

#5 VP.

• 498 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 09:52 PM

Lithium and Rapamycin combined increased lifespan by 30%. I do both and consider them safe. 

#6 mkp6019

• Topic Starter
  • 37 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 October 2019 - 12:07 AM

VP,

What dosing and dosing schedule do you use?

#7 VP.

• 498 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 06:11 PM

4 mg Rapamycin every 10 days. 4.6 mg Li a day. 

• Informative x 1

#8 ortcloud

• 329 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 03:43 PM

4.6 mg lithium, sounds like ithium orotate, is that enough to make a difference?

#9 VP.

• 498 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 08:50 PM

I don't know, what do you recommend? 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#10 ironfistx

• 1,172 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 08:50 PM

Lithium makes me completely sleepy.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rapamycin, lithium, trametinib

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users