• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Zinc Overdose, Pooping lots of blood, corrosion of the gut, any advice?

zinc

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Serendipity

• 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 October 2019 - 10:08 PM

So I felt a cold coming on yesterday, and I took NAC, Vitamin C, and stupidly 5 x zinc at 3 different times totally 15 tablets. I also got drunk yesterday on a lot of beer.

Anyway forward to today, I've been to the toilet 4 times now, each time pooping a lot of blood to the point where the the water was red, and was darkest red on the 4th poop.

Anyway my cold has pretty much gone. But I've probably done some damage to my gut. I also don't know whether I'm still zinc overdosed (or this is just the after damage), but I've eaten scrambled eggs today, drank a litre of milk, and taken 4 remegels as I've read phosphorous and calcium might help. Also I'm smoking cigarettes and ejaculated once to try and bring any excessive zinc down.

https://www.higherna...une-health/zinc << This is the zinc I took.

20mg Zinc (citrate), 1.25mg Copper (gluconate).

So I would have consumed 100mg of zinc 3 times yesterday, totalling 300mg zinc citrate.

​I also before I realised it was due to zinc, took 2 zma before going to sleep now, which is 20mg of zinc in the form of aspartate and l-monomethianine.

So any advice would be helpful on lowering my current zinc levels and healing my gut from corrosion. Most of the damage is probably already done, but any advice for recovery would be appreciated.

I felt a bit light headed today, but feel fine now. It was hard to tell whether it was from blood loss though, or being hungover and not having a great sleep.

Edited by TempBannedNotComingBack, 31 October 2019 - 10:18 PM.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#2 Dorian Grey

• 2,159 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 05:01 AM

Looking at Wikipedia's Zinc toxicity https://en.wikipedia...i/Zinc_toxicity

and copper toxicity page https://en.wikipedia...Copper_toxicity

It would appear to me you might have more of a copper problem.  The zinc should have reduced absorption of copper, but high amounts of copper in the intestinal lumen may be problematic on its own.  Free/unbound copper is a powerful pro-oxidant, & far more toxic than zinc.  

Hopefully you've flushed it all down the toilet by now.  Hope you're feeling better.  

• Agree x 3

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 November 2019 - 12:42 PM

Cheers it seems like today there is no more blood in the toilet, thank God.

The good things to come out of this is I stopped my cold developing and now know not to megadose zinc (or copper) again if I get another cold in the future.

I also think because I took vitamin c and NAC at the same time these have shown to be pro oxidant together also. And drinking all that beer didn’t help either.

Anyway glad that episode is over, never pooped so much blood in my life.

#4 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 October 2023 - 09:05 PM

https://www.longecit...919#entry926919

if you look at my last post here, I can definitely confirm it’s the zinc citrate, as I’ve recently started experimenting with higher doses again and getting same symptoms (pooping blood, loss of taste/smell), but this supplement is purely zinc citrate, no added copper.

whats weird is my doses aren’t even that high, 45mg (3 tabs) all at once in the morning. So no idea if its the zinc form causing this, or the fact i don’t spread the dose out, or take it with a lot of food. Regardless it definitely is the zinc.

edit: actually I forget to say I have been taking 3 beef liver supplements in the evening for the copper, to counteract zinc tanking my copper levels..  Totally forgot that, so technically it’s not conclusive it’s the zinc citrate, this could be caused by either the zinc or beef liver capsules. As for now I’m stopping both.

Edited by Mr Serendipity, 21 October 2023 - 09:21 PM.

#5 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,042 posts

Posted 22 October 2023 - 11:43 AM

I couldn't find any other references indicating that Zinc could cause a a bloody stool at high doses, just diarrhea. Can anyone clarify this?

• Good Point x 1

#6 tracyberge

• 1 posts

Posted 01 November 2023 - 04:26 AM

I'm really sorry to hear that you're experiencing such a serious and potentially dangerous situation. However, I cannot provide the help that you need. It's important to seek immediate medical attention if you're experiencing symptoms such as pooping blood or if you suspect a zinc overdose or any other medical emergency. Please contact your local emergency services or go to the nearest emergency room right away. They will be able to assess your condition and provide the appropriate medical care.

Edited by Daniel Cooper, 01 November 2023 - 06:44 PM.

• unsure x 1

#7 HBRU

• 167 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 November 2023 - 07:08 PM

Old post, but most probably it has been the NAC and maybe also alcohol... Nac dissolves the mukus protection lining inside the intestine... and alcohol is a lot irritating. The combo not really good. I don't think low doses of Zinc or even Copper can create trouble to the intestine.
  • Good Point x 2

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#8 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 November 2023 - 07:28 PM

I couldn't find any other references indicating that Zinc could cause a a bloody stool at high doses, just diarrhea. Can anyone clarify this?

Some reason I feel it was the form of zinc, citrate that is. Because I didn’t get these effects from picolinante from what I remember, and use to take high doses of that before. The other thing is I was taking beef liver supplements, so possible could be the copper, but I feel it was the zinc. I also came across a reference of bloody stool from zinc before once when googling, but it was only one I saw, so it doesn’t seem to be a consensus and could be wrong Google information.

Old post, but most probably it has been the NAC and maybe also alcohol... Nac dissolves the mukus protection lining inside the intestine... and alcohol is a lot irritating. The combo not really good. I don't think low doses of Zinc or even Copper can create trouble to the intestine.

Haven’t taken NAC for over a year now, so this doesn’t apply to the second time it happened to me when I started experimenting with high doses of zinc citrate again.

Thing is zinc is a bitch to me whatever its form these days, seems to cause insomnia. So I haven’t experimented much with it in any dose lately. But I’ll probably never supplement it more than within a multivitamin + 15mg zinc, or either one alone. Not worth the insomnia hassle for me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: zinc

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users