• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

What is threonine and why does it lift my depression almost instantly?

threonine brain

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 iseethelight

• 238 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 November 2019 - 01:13 AM

I started taking threonine for gut health but I notice it lifts my depression quite a bit within minutes of taking it.  My research only shows vague info about it, nobody seems to know what it does. I don't want to  keep taking it since I don't what it can do to me long term. Any inputs?

Maybe it has an action on the NMDA receptor? I maybe have a low functioning NMDA?

#2 adamh

• 1,012 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 07:42 PM

Its quite harmless, its found in food and is an essential amino acid. I would not over do it but a gram or two per day should be very helpful. In fact I just ordered some after reading more about it.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 BasicBiO

• 159 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 November 2019 - 11:12 PM

I have been using it for the last 3 days. Initial dose of about 300mg in the morning was shockingly successful in boosting alertness, motivation, and energy. Why? I have no idea as the literature doesn't point to these possibilities. Now at day 3, the positive effects are still there but less dramatic. I suspect homeostasis will even things out but an interesting experiment nonetheless.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 ailsworb

• 24 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 03:15 AM

I have the exact same experience with threonine. Not only were the positive cognitive benefits dramatic, but they were very immediate (felt it within 15-20 min taken on an empty stomach).

I believe it has something to do with the fact that threonine is necessary for the biosynthesis of P5P, which is essential for the synthesis of dopamine.

• like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: threonine, brain

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users