- - - - -

Only three supplements

supplements

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 osris

• 531 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 04:53 PM

If there were only three supplements you could ever take, what would they be, and why?

#2 Dorian Grey

• 2,159 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 05:32 PM

C, B-Complex & Lecithin.  

If I don't take C, my gums bleed when I brush my teeth and my breath smells like trench-mouth.  Nothing like evidence you can actually see to give you confidence it is important. 

B-Complex covers the rest of the water solubles quite well.  I also tipple a bit in the evening, & alcohol is known to deplete B-Complex, so here again logic rules.  

Lecithin is a very under-rated supp in my book.  Liver disease is running rampant and Livers Love Lecithin.  Dyslipidemia is also problematic for atherosclerosis, which is a major cause of disability, disease & death.  Lecithin helps your body manage lipids, and this kind of benefit is priceless.  

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Rorororo

• 306 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 November 2019 - 12:59 AM

Lecithin is a very under-rated supp in my book.

I'm curious...how much do you take? I recently increased from 2400mg to 4800mg sunflower lecithin per day. I take the big soft gels. I've only been taking it for a couple of months. The liver benefits alone make it worth it. It's excellent for the brain too!

#4 Dorian Grey

• 2,159 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 01:34 AM

I take a highly refined form of lecithin with a high (50%) polyunsaturated fraction.  Polyenylphosphatidylcholine or "PPC" comes from only one source (Lipoid) in Cologne Germany and is pharmaceutical grade. 

Nutrasal's "PhosChol" brand moves the most product in the US, though it is available from other brand names (Life Extension HepatoPro).  PPC is available in EU as Sanofi's "Essentiale Forte".  

I take only one 900mg softgel per day, but have taken two/day in the past.  

More on PPC (aka essential phospholipids) here: https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4861608/

I've taken this for over a decade and truly believe it has been beneficial to my health.  

Edited by Dorian Grey, 07 November 2019 - 01:37 AM.

#5 orion22

• 186 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 November 2019 - 08:45 PM

1 hydrogen gas AROUND 400 ml per day true the other end

2 c60

3 pQQ

#6 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 November 2019 - 09:53 PM

vitamin c , omega 3 and zinc

and if I can add a fourth, vitamin D.

Edited by farshad, 07 November 2019 - 09:56 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 Lazarus_Long

• 3 posts

Posted 09 November 2019 - 02:42 PM

C60, Triphalia + a broad-spectrum probiotic that contains the strain found in human breast milk, and ALA.

The first two (Triphalia + probiotic should count as one) b/c they show lifespan increase in rats and fruit flies respectively, the last b/c it helps chelate heavy metals.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: supplements

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users