• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Kidneys, so much I didn't know!

blood pressure blood cells vitamin d acid balance gluconeogenesis homeostasis kidneys intestine hormones electrolyte balance

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Oakman

Posted 06 November 2019 - 07:19 PM

On cable yesterday, I randomly picked a video to watch based on its catchy title, "THE BODY: The Networks Within our Bodies".

It was a future-tech deep dive, using super-microscopic real time video combined with animations, into body homeostasis.

Surprise to me was all I didn't realize about our kidneys. Beyond urine, the kidney is one awesome command and control center. 

The real time body micro-video here was beyond mesmerizing...such as watching as individual cells dispense molecules into the blood.

It's behind Curiosity Stream's (and Roku Channel's) paywall, but if you are able, see it!

I'm thinking we might do well to shift some focus to kidney 'health and longevity' in our quest for immortality.

"The brain was once thought to be the body's control tower, issuing commands to the other organs. But scientists are discovering that communication flows between all the organs in our bodies. They transmit messages that can boost immunity, improve memory, strengthen bones and even lengthen lifespan. Innovative treatments are being developed to harness the power of this hidden network. But what happens when there's a communication breakdown? We look for clues using the latest technology."

If you do get to see it, any thoughts?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blood pressure, blood cells, vitamin d, acid balance, gluconeogenesis, homeostasis, kidneys, intestine, hormones, electrolyte balance

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users