- - - - -

CFS and Pramipexole

cfs pramipexole dopamine chronic fatigue syndrome

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 stefdude

• 46 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 01:40 PM

After trying many things for my possible cfs diagnosis and before I jump to low dose amisulpride/aripiprazole I decided to try pramipexole.I am also taking q10 (ubiquinone, 3x600mg), magnesium, d, selenium (for hashimotos), ksm66, shilajit, creatine, miyarisan+potato starch (for ibs), LDN (for brain fog and hashimotos).

I have hashimotos also but I am not yet in need of t4.Nothing has helped so far, LDN helped with morning brain fog but fatigue is there and PEM is impossible to battle, I cannot workout anymore.Before I got worse I could handle amphetamine (20mg) but now I cant go against my natural rhythm which is to be very tired pretty much all day and have a few functional hours late afternoon/night.I am also using bluelight filtering glasses and light therapy in the morning in an effort to change that reverse circadic rhythm.

My psychiatrist said that pramipexole will do the opposite of what I intent to because it targets the presynaptic dopamine receptors, so it will relax me and then it will cause downregulation of those receptors.He suggested modafinil.

I did 7 days of pramipexole at 0.5mg once at night and now this is the 3rd day I am on 1mg.At 1mg it causes fatigue and makes me sleepy, it pretty much knocks me out after I take it, I need more sleep and I wake up more tired.

Does anyone have experience with it?How long will this phase last?Will it stimulate me eventually?Any other suggestion for cfs is very welcome.

#2 Rocket

• 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 November 2019 - 02:22 PM

For me prami and it's sleep effects are the greatest for the first approximately 1 week and then begin to wear off. It never completely loses is sleep enhancing effects entirely, but the effect does diminish rather quickly.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 stefdude

• Topic Starter
  • 46 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 02:29 PM

For me prami and it's sleep effects are the greatest for the first approximately 1 week and then begin to wear off. It never completely loses is sleep enhancing effects entirely, but the effect does diminish rather quickly.

What were the effects after that for you?How much did you get in motivation and general stimulation?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cfs, pramipexole, dopamine, chronic fatigue syndrome

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users