- - - - -

BioPQQ in DMSO intranasal for nerve growth factor

biopqq dmso nerve growth factor

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Believer

• 437 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 11:56 PM

BioPQQ (PQQ disodium salt), unlike normal PQQ, is able to cross the blood brain barrier. However, when it reacts with stomach acid it is said to be deactivated or the bioavailability significantly reduced.

Thus, for that reason I added it to a 100% dmso solution (0.5ml) and administered it on myself intranasally.

Immediately I felt a whole-body itch which is the most common experience when nerve growth factor is increased.

However, I did not experience sharpening of my senses which other nerve growth factor increasing compounds like lion's mane does to me.

I also did not feel a boost in mental energy whatsoever.

Can someone else please try this and report your findings?

• like x 1

#2 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 09:41 PM

I wonder if nasal DMSO is such a good idea.  I have no proof that it isn't, but I generally look for proof that something is ok before squirting it on my olfactory bulb, i.e. the bottom of my brain.

If you immediately felt a whole body itch, that's probably the DMSO as it will diffuse rapidly into the bloodstream.  It's hard to imagine PQQ having an effect with such rapidity.  

ETA: Also, when using DMSO for achieving some transdermal (or "trans BBB") effect, it generally isn't used at 100%.  I think it's normally mixed 50/50 with distilled water.  I don't doubt that 100% DMSO on your olfactory bulb might give you weird unpleasant effects.

PS: Since your BioPQQ already crosses the BBB, and you've bypassed it anyway through nasal insufflation, why not just mix it will distilled water (assuming it is soluble in water)?  I don't think the DMSO is really buying you a lot once you go the nasal route.

Edited by Daniel Cooper, 18 November 2019 - 09:46 PM.

• Agree x 2

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Believer

• Topic Starter
  • 437 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 10:28 PM

I wonder if nasal DMSO is such a good idea.  I have no proof that it isn't, but I generally look for proof that something is ok before squirting it on my olfactory bulb, i.e. the bottom of my brain.

If you immediately felt a whole body itch, that's probably the DMSO as it will diffuse rapidly into the bloodstream.  It's hard to imagine PQQ having an effect with such rapidity.  

ETA: Also, when using DMSO for achieving some transdermal (or "trans BBB") effect, it generally isn't used at 100%.  I think it's normally mixed 50/50 with distilled water.  I don't doubt that 100% DMSO on your olfactory bulb might give you weird unpleasant effects.

PS: Since your BioPQQ already crosses the BBB, and you've bypassed it anyway through nasal insufflation, why not just mix it will distilled water (assuming it is soluble in water)?  I don't think the DMSO is really buying you a lot once you go the nasal route.

Hmm didn't seem to produce any or much results when the BioPQQ only was diluted in water

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: biopqq, dmso, nerve growth factor

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users