- - - - -

Dry/Water Tattoo as an inexpensive alternative to laser/microneedling

laser microneedling tattoo

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Juangalt

• 67 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 08:42 PM

Obviously, a tattoo bears some similarlity to microneedling, but is also much more intense. It creates swelling and plasma buildup under the skin and it has been remarked by my tattoo artist that skin quality apears better after a tattoo. Additionally, it would be a lot cheaper than full laser resurfacing (and probably fractionated full facial laser treatments while causing the entire surface of the skin to turn over, unlike microneedling. Any thoughts? My tattoo artist is going to try it out on herself/her associate. Google discovered that there is at least one place in another state doing this.

#2 JohnD60

• 540 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 08:02 PM

Excuse my ignorance regarding tats. What is the average and range of depth? What is the diameter of the pin?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Juangalt

• Topic Starter
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 09:00 PM

The internet says 1mm-2mm in depth and diameter is .20mm-.35mm. But there is also a taper at the tip down to a fine point. I don't know much about tattoos either.

#4 happy lemon

• 275 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 09:13 AM

Sarah Vaughter of Owndoc disapproves of tattoo machines for skin needing.

"......Years ago, we already warned against using a tattoo machine, exactly because of the inevitability of skin tearing (so small you won't see or notice it, but it happens nevertheless). The duty cycle of a tattoo machine's needles (or of a dermapen's needles) is not suitable for skin needling......"

https://owndoc.com/d...-micro-tearing/

BTW, Owndoc makes and sells Derminators.

• Informative x 1

#5 Juangalt

• Topic Starter
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 04:22 PM

Sarah Vaughter of Owndoc disapproves of tattoo machines for skin needing.

"......Years ago, we already warned against using a tattoo machine, exactly because of the inevitability of skin tearing (so small you won't see or notice it, but it happens nevertheless). The duty cycle of a tattoo machine's needles (or of a dermapen's needles) is not suitable for skin needling......"

https://owndoc.com/d...-micro-tearing/

BTW, Owndoc makes and sells Derminators.

When she says "duty cycle," is she saying the needles get duller as they are reused for multiple customers? Tattoo shops don't re-use needles.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users