- - - - -

Peptides for Myopia

myopia peptide

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 nickthird

• 249 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 06:04 PM

I came across this russian product, extracted from animal eyes (like cerabrosylin is extracted from brains) - Vosoluten.

There are few reviews, most reporting improvement in myopia.

If you google "peptides for myopia", apparently there are other stuff that prevent it in animals.

Any info on this?

#2 Keizo

• 483 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 November 2019 - 12:14 AM

Nerve growth factor

perhaps... I think there was some story about the person discovering NGF that she took it as eyedrops and reported good eye health in old age, I might remember it wrong. Either way quick google search on "ngf eye health" gave some interesting results at first glance. Maybe there's something to dig up NGF and myopia too.

But keep in mind it might be the case that prevention and reversal are very different things.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 03:14 PM

Once you are mature, I can't see how a peptide would reverse or prevent myopia.

You have myopia because your eye has become elongated rather than spherical as you've matured.  There are things that can be done about this while you are young (sun exposure, low dose atropine), but once you are mature the shape of the eye is fixed and I can't imagine how you would change that.

#4 nickthird

• Topic Starter
  • 249 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 04:13 PM

Visoluten study for various eye degeneration diseases.

Study on VIP peptide for prevention of myopia in chicks (yes, not adults).

Study on Glucagon-related peptides for prevention of myopia in mice (I don't know if adults).

#5 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 07:21 PM

Yeah, there's a number of things that can be done to prevent myopia as a child which is headed in that direction.  Low dose atropine drops (0.1%) seems to be the emerging standard treatment.  But once you're an adult and you have these elongated non-spherical eyes it's hard to image a way to reverse that.  Your eye has simply grown into that shape and the image from your lens is in focus somewhere in front of your retina rather than on it.  How you would change the shape of the eye aside from some mechanical intervention I haven't a clue.

#6 nickthird

• Topic Starter
  • 249 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 03:55 AM

Mmm you know that some animals are able to reverse this right?

The effect of optically restricting the visual field during growth was studied in chicks. Using special occluders, the eyes of the chicks were exposed only to the frontal fields of vision. This manipulation induced a considerably high myopia and an increase in the axial length of the eye and in the depth of the anterior chamber. Removal of the occluders resulted in a reversal of the induced myopia.

Source

I got my myopia during my "development" phase too...

#7 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 02:30 PM

Mmm you know that some animals are able to reverse this right?

Source

I got my myopia during my "development" phase too...

"Chicks", not adult birds.  Still in the development phase.  As far as I know, once eye development is complete and you have an elongated axis, there is nothing currently known to reverse that.  

I'd love to be wrong about that however.

#8 nickthird

• Topic Starter
  • 249 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 07:01 PM

Yeah...

Vosoluten is composed of stuff they took from young animal eyes and brains. Maybe it can mirror the developmental process.

#9 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 07:30 PM

Yeah...

Vosoluten is composed of stuff they took from young animal eyes and brains. Maybe it can mirror the developmental process.

I don't think Visoluten claims to reverse myopia, only to help with various degenerative disorders of the eye.

Correcting myopia in an immature eye means that you have to shift the direction of future growth and development.  Correcting myopia in a mature eye means that you have to remodel the shape of a "finished" eye.  These are really two fairly different problems.  I'm not saying it can't be done.  But it is a very much more difficult problem and I'm not aware of anyone that has a compound that is demonstrated to do this.

As a myopic I certainly wish you guys well in proving me wrong.  

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#10 Woody42

• 72 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 November 2019 - 12:35 AM

I am a diabetic so have a yearly eye exam. About 5 years ago after taking vitamin D for a couple of months I had 

my yearly eye exam. My myopia was better and I needed a weaker perscription. The next 2 years I also required

weaker perscriptions so now I 20/30 . That is unless I skip taking vitamin d for a while and my vision will suffer till

I get my vitamin d level back up.  I don't want to say how much I take because some people need a lot more than

others and excess vitamin D especialy without enough vitamin K can deposit your calcium in your artery walls instead

of your bones.

• Informative x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: myopia, peptide

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users