• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Concerns about daily use of co-codamol/codeine

co-codamol codeine addiction mystery disease brain fog fatigue headaches degenerative anhedonia insomnia

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SeanQHX1

• 35 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 November 2019 - 11:03 PM

Hi everyone again! For the past year and a half I've been using Co-Codamol (30/500) daily to relieve my headaches and occasionally, those aggrivating brain feelings I get when I'm struggling to function or sleep due to them.

The majority of time, I just take one dose (2 tablets) before bedtime to help me sleep through those headaches and I try my best to keep it down to this one dose per day. However there are times when I need to take them during the day, particularly when I'm feeling crappy and have work that needs to be done, mainly practicing music (I play keyboards) for the bands I play in. The codeine helps numb my brain of all these horrible feelings and headaches, helps me think much clearer and helps me feel a lot more motivated to get the work I need done. For me it's almost kind of like a stimulant nootropic in a sense, which is strange as codeine apparently causes further tiredness, brain fog, slower thinking etc. I can only assume that my cognitive functions have deteriorated so badly with my illness (which I now call 'Donnington Disease') that being doped up on codeine actually makes my brain operate better.

But that said, I only take them in these cases when I feel it's really really necessary and do my best to lay off them as much as I can as the last thing I want is a codeine addiction on top of a mystery degenerative brain condition. I have also well researched the symptoms of codeine dependency and since I had the symptoms of my illness long before I took these, I'm pretty sure codeine isn't causing any of these symptoms or making them worse. I've had this illness for over 3 years now and it's just the same symptoms I've been getting (degenerative brain fog/anhedonia, headaches, aggrivating head feelings, insomnia, worsening tiredness) all this time, only getting slowly and steadily worse as time goes on.

My main concern though is that I'm taking these tablets every day and have heard from many sources that you shouldn't be taking them for any more than a few days in a row. Other than codeine dependancy, do any of you guys know of any long term effects I should be worried about when taking these. And if so, is there any kind of alternatives that are less damaging to my health? Cheers guys once again!

Edited by SeanQHX1, 19 November 2019 - 11:05 PM.

#2 Keizo

• 483 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 November 2019 - 09:36 AM

If male low testosterone and subsequent life-long testosterone injections --- can be an effect of long-term opioid use.

Edited by Keizo, 20 November 2019 - 09:37 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 SeanQHX1

• Topic Starter
  • 35 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 November 2019 - 11:44 AM

If male low testosterone and subsequent life-long testosterone injections --- can be an effect of long-term opioid use.

I have read a few things before on opioids causing low testosterone levels. Hopefully I'm ok in the meantime as codeine is the weakest of the opioids, however this is still worrying.

The less of these pills I'm taking, the better, and I hope get to the bottom of my condition as soon as I can and stop taking them for good!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: co-codamol, codeine, addiction, mystery disease, brain fog, fatigue, headaches, degenerative, anhedonia, insomnia

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users