• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Are there any new developments in multivitamin/multimineral/life extension formulations?

multivitamins multimineral

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 osris

• 518 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 09:58 PM

From what I can gather from this forum the leading ones are:

AOR Ortho-Core
Life Extension Mix
Thorne 2/day
Life Extension Two-per-day

These are not without their critics regarding their formulations and each of their ingredients’ dosages etc.

It would be great if there was one that had the highest dosages of each ingredient. There isn’t one as far as I can tell. Maybe because each tablet/capsule would be too large to swallow!

I've seen ones with, for example, 250 mg of vitamin C! Too low to be of any use. This goes for the other low dose ingredients of many formulations, such as low dose vitamin D and low dose vitamin B Complex etc. Buying these is money down the drain as far as I'm concerned. 

Anyway, are there any new formulations out there, that have the best ingredients at the highest dosages and that are safe?

Edited by osris, 23 November 2019 - 10:13 PM.

#2 Gal220

• 1,036 posts

Posted 16 August 2020 - 03:12 AM

Worth considering Pure, Douglas Labortories, VRP, and VitaminIQ as well - Link to reviews

I think the 2 a days are a good foundation and cut down on the pill count.  The life extension has 25mg zinc, 200mg selenium, B vitamins in the best bioavailable form like p5p(very good for kidneys) and  5-MTHF, zeaxanthin, and chromium(metabolism).

I dont think the vit c matters, for most people they consider that enough, for the high dose people you are going to want a good powder anyway.

Vit d at 2000 IU is good starting point, they have no idea how much sun people get and opinions vary widely on the optimal dosage(sadly).  See grassrootshealth.net and Chris Masterjohn for opposing viewpoints.

Beyond the 2 a day, I would add the following to round things out.

-omega 3( 1 tsp nordic) or phospholipids by nordic for the best form(esp as you get older) - Omega 3 index info

-magnesium

-life extension health booster(vit k family, E, lutein etc)

-collagen 

-1 tsp cod oil (wiley or virgin) for preform vit A/retinol (im still not sure on best dosage, Weston Price research indicates most modern dosages are way off) - link1 , link2

-probiotic

-digestive enzymes, especially for cheese, beef, and as you get older.

• like x 2

sponsored ad

• Advert

#3 Gal220

• 1,036 posts

Posted 16 August 2020 - 03:21 AM

Another good discussion thread HERE

#4 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 April 2021 - 08:42 PM

Im waiting for some nutrients that are thought not to be essential to be more available to the world like:

https://en.wikipedia...t_not_confirmed

reddit.com/r/biology/comments/mzyvpx/what_are_some_nutrients_that_could_possibly_be/

#5 9lives

• 33 posts

Posted 04 November 2021 - 04:59 AM

I prefer food-based vitamins when possible. Vitamin Code is a good 1, organic, and in reasonable dosages.

#6 syr_

• 500 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 January 2022 - 11:36 PM

Because most of the stuff is generally underdosed (i.e. choline), overdosed (some B vitamins), or in shitty forms (i.e. calcium from rocks), contains tiny amounts of several antioxidants which just make expensive pee, and I was integrating almost anything besides B vitamins anyway, I decided against continuing with a multi.

Thorne #12 B complex fits my bill as daily base. I skip the stuff that I'm certain I assume from food during the week (like potassium or lycopene), and I can also adjust the timing to prevent conflicts on the receptors (such as fat-soluble vitamins except A) or other absorption issues (such as strontium).

sponsored ad

• Advert

#7 syr_

• 500 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 January 2022 - 11:41 PM

Im waiting for some nutrients that are thought not to be essential to be more available to the world like:

https://en.wikipedia...t_not_confirmed

I already take several of those (boron, vanadium, lithium, strontium and silicon), although for special needs - I don't think everybody needs them.

But some of the other stuff like arsenic looks like will never become "essential". ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: multivitamins, multimineral

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users