mifepristone chronic stress focus anxiety

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 mobydick33

• 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 December 2019 - 04:24 PM

Hello friends.

I started a 1200mg Mifepristone therapy for my chronic stress and anxiety that is plaguing me since 20 years ago.
The therapy is self prescribed. I found out that Mifepristone is able to reset the stress hormones expression in the body. Lets see.

I am on day two and so far I became so quiet. My mood is tranquil and I am not angry of afraid all the time.... I don't know how to describe it. I just hope it is not the placebo effect but my hand isn't shacking all the time. I don't feel afraid of the world around me.... I am just not thinking of it...
I feel normal. I want to cry of joy.
For the cognitive benefit so far I am unable to declare any improvement because I am skipping coding lessons at the moment.

If anyone have some experience with mifepristone please share with me. I hope this will last. I am literally praying god for it.

If you have any question just ask. I will try to answer as best as I can.
Sorry for the shitty English, I am Italian.

#2 mobydick33

• Topic Starter
  • 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 December 2019 - 03:01 PM

Hello guys,

I just realized how shitty is my English after re-reading my post from yesterday. It is indeed worst than I thought. I hope to improve my writing skills.

That said, I made a list of thing that characterize my chronic stress and anxiety that I want to use as a benchmark for my Mifepristone trial. Below I report the baseline level from 1 to 10 of five aspect that I feel significant in my illness:

1. Lack of focus: 8 (I had to quit university, I am a very slow learner. I can read 10 time the same sentence without remembering a single word of it. If I am in a difficult period, this is just a constant making learning impossible to me)
2. Hand shaking: 8 (very often my hands and my leg shake, this happens in normal situations where there is no apparent reason for it to happen)
3. Rumination of the past: 9 (this is the main cause I can't concentrate, I feel constantly under threat from my past and present. I had to withstand a lot of problems due to my family. I was constantly bullied at school and after, plus so much more)
4. Rage: 8 (as a reaction sometimes I become aggressive with people I don't know for futile reasons)
5. Fear: 9 (My main fear is about what other people think of me)

Today is day 3 of my journey through my personal Mifepristone trial. So here is my log as promised.

DAY 3
This morning I felt tired because I did not slept enough. I suspect it is related to the 600mg of Mifepristone I took before going to sleep.
Today I decided to take 600mg at breakfast and 600mg at lunch. I hope this will solve the sleeping issue.
I feel fine now after my evening espresso.
I am currently taking coding lessons. Tomorrow I will be able to tell if I notice a difference regarding the number 1 (lack of focus).
The number 2, 4 and 5 had a significant improvement since 3 days ago (baseline levels). It could be the placebo effect. I need more time.

Edited by mobydick33, 12 December 2019 - 03:02 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 December 2019 - 08:15 PM

Wow, I have a lot of these symptoms too it feels like you described me. Have you tried the drug Valproic acid? If not, you should, it worked great for my anxiety and fear it totally made it go away 100%. Even though it is used for epilepsy it can be used as a mood stabilizer too. It also got rid of my hand shaking.

For focus and learning easier Semax works great (it increases BDNF and NGF).

Magnesium has also helped my anxiety and decreased my rage. 

#4 world33

• 214 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 December 2019 - 12:47 PM

Hi Mobydick,

I would not take coffee if I were you. Coffee increases cortisol which is the stress hormone that you are trying to reduce, or antagonize in this case, with Mifepristone.

Considering the CRH -> ACTH -> cortisol pathway I would suggest you to try Quercetin to reduce CRH and Apigenin (the active ingredient in chamomile) to reduce cortisol. You can find Quercetin powder in bulk on eBay and Apigenin from Swanson Vitamins.

Lastly you can consider to try some adaptogens, in particular Rhodiola Rosea extract (in the morning, possibly with the standardized content of 5% salidroside) and Ashwagandha extract (at night). Adaptogens helps to better cope with stress and reduce cortisol. Moreover Rhodiola helps with endurance and many other energy problems. If you need suggestions on brands please PM me. 

Sources:

Quercetin: https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/20447436 and https://www.semantic...dc9b6ad274ebee8

Apigenin: https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/11948020

Rhodiola: https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/29325481 and https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/25172797

Ashwagandha: https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC3573577/

Edited by world33, 13 December 2019 - 12:48 PM.

#5 mobydick33

• Topic Starter
  • 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 December 2019 - 04:32 PM

Wow, I have a lot of these symptoms too it feels like you described me. Have you tried the drug Valproic acid? If not, you should, it worked great for my anxiety and fear it totally made it go away 100%. Even though it is used for epilepsy it can be used as a mood stabilizer too. It also got rid of my hand shaking.

For focus and learning easier Semax works great (it increases BDNF and NGF).

Magnesium has also helped my anxiety and decreased my rage. 

Hi Farshad! Thank you for your advice. I have never heard of Semax, definitely worth doing some research, I am very interested on its long therm effects. I heard about Valproic acid but I am already taking lamotrigine for my bipolar disorder and I don't want to change the medication since my mood is stable at the time and I fear a relapse.

Hi Mobydick,

I would not take coffee if I were you. Coffee increases cortisol which is the stress hormone that you are trying to reduce, or antagonize in this case, with Mifepristone.

Considering the CRH -> ACTH -> cortisol pathway I would suggest you to try Quercetin to reduce CRH and Apigenin (the active ingredient in chamomile) to reduce cortisol. You can find Quercetin powder in bulk on eBay and Apigenin from Swanson Vitamins.

Lastly you can consider to try some adaptogens, in particular Rhodiola Rosea extract (in the morning, possibly with the standardized content of 5% salidroside) and Ashwagandha extract (at night). Adaptogens helps to better cope with stress and reduce cortisol. Moreover Rhodiola helps with endurance and many other energy problems. If you need suggestions on brands please PM me. 

Sources:

Quercetin: https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/20447436 and https://www.semantic...dc9b6ad274ebee8

Apigenin: https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/11948020

Rhodiola: https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/29325481 and https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/25172797

Ashwagandha: https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC3573577/

Hi friend! nice to meet you too and thank you for your answer! I am completely in sync with you about the coffee thing. I shouldn't drink it, but as an Italian, I love espresso so much. I am in a path to decrease the number of cups per day. By now I am taking 6, I want to take only 3 per day.

I already tried Rhodiola. Although I definitely noticed an improvement in my mood, I also need to manage the fear and impossibility to focus that in my case is pretty strong. I am considering taking Ashwagendha.

#6 mobydick33

• Topic Starter
  • 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 December 2019 - 05:01 PM

DAY 4

Today I felt like I had the flu. Bone and muscle pain, fatigue, sleepiness. I didn't sleep at all at night, it was completely impossible to fall asleep. I decided to lower my dosage from 1200 mg per day to 900mg in one dose at breakfast hoping to improve the side effects.

I still feel calmer than usual. My shaking issue is reduced. I don't know if it is placebo. Part of it probably is.

One thing I noticed that was very interesting:

I have an apple-watch with very reliable heart rate detector. I never go without my smartwatch so I am perfectly aware of my heart rate since 2 years ago and I have complete and accurate log of it stored on my iPhone.

Today I forgot to take my evening 120mg Inderal dose. In fact in my normal routine I take one dose in the morning and one in the evening of Inderal for a total of 240mg.

My baseline is 90bpm at rest. Since when I started Inderal my heart rate dropped to 65-70 at rest. I must take it otherwise it rises again. As I am writing for some reason my bpm value is 70 and not 90 as I expected.

I also should be shaking but I am not. I also should be more anxious but I am not. And also I just realized as I was writing that this morning I didn't take to full Inderal dose because I didn't feel the need. I took 80 out of 120mg (two pills instead on three). Heart rate can be influenced by placebo but not this much i suppose. If someone is interested I can post some screenshots.

For the cognitive improvement (point No 1) I can say: I noticed that point 3, 4 and 5 was very less present (my God I pray you let it last). Usually my past come "knocking on the door" distracting me, this let me also imagine things never happened that in my mind are supposed to happen in the future that cause me fear and anger. It seems they did't knock today (I am not religious but again: please please please God let it last). So I was able to be there while reading Assembly code. I didn't became a super genius and neither more intelligent. I have just eliminated the worst part that keep me apart from focusing. Let's see how it proceeds. As I said I am a bit down with side effects today, so there will be better times to judge this aspect.

*I edited some phrases that were not in the right order and fixed some typos.

Edited by mobydick33, 13 December 2019 - 05:07 PM.

#7 world33

• 214 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 December 2019 - 11:01 PM

Hi Farshad! Thank you for your advice. I have never heard of Semax, definitely worth doing some research, I am very interested on its long therm effects. I heard about Valproic acid but I am already taking lamotrigine for my bipolar disorder and I don't want to change the medication since my mood is stable at the time and I fear a relapse.

Hi friend! nice to meet you too and thank you for your answer! I am completely in sync with you about the coffee thing. I shouldn't drink it, but as an Italian, I love espresso so much. I am in a path to decrease the number of cups per day. By now I am taking 6, I want to take only 3 per day.

I already tried Rhodiola. Although I definitely noticed an improvement in my mood, I also need to manage the fear and impossibility to focus that in my case is pretty strong. I am considering taking Ashwagendha.

I am Italian too and I can assure you 6 or even 3 coffees a day are a big no no in your situation ;-) . Consider to try to slowly switch to decaffeinated coffee. I know it is hard :-D . With 6 coffees a day you are most likely addicted to caffeine so a slow approach to switching will help facing the side effects. Do not forget to try Apigenin. Let us know how you are doing when you try them.

Lastly your dosage of mifepristone was very high. I saw studies using as low as 200mg per day in cases of depression and generally going up to 600mg per day.
https://www.ncbi.nlm...5/#__sec13title

Only in cases of Cushing’s syndrome dosages can go higher:

Antiglucocorticoid effects of mifepristone

Nieman and colleagues administered mifepristone orally at increasing doses of 5, 10, 15, and 20 mg/kg/day for a 9-week period to a patient with Cushing’s syndrome due to ectopic ACTH secretion.

You did the right ting to lower your dosage and stick to the morning only ;-). I would even try to lower it even more to find the minimum dosage that is working for you.

Lastly, in the long term, in the study linked above is reported:

Although the adrenal axis also normalized, the 18-month-long mifepristone treatment course led to the development of severe hypokalemia (attributed to excessive cortisol activation of MRs), which responded to spironolactone administration.

Hypokalemia 

Hypokalemia is a low level of potassium (K+) in the blood serum. Mild low potassium does not typically cause symptoms. Symptoms may include feeling tired, leg cramps, weakness, and constipation. Low potassium also increases the risk of an abnormal heart rhythm, which is often too slow and can cause cardiac arrest.

Source: https://en.wikipedia...iki/Hypokalemia

Make sure to eat food with potassium (i.e. bananas) to help with that potential side effect.

I am not sure whether in the short term this could explain your lower heart rate. I think it takes a much longer time to develop hypokalemia. But I am not a doctor ...

In bocca al lupo!

#8 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 December 2019 - 11:20 PM

I am like 0.8% italian / 1.1% southern european lol (according to 23andme)

WHATSUP BROTHAS...  just kidding, I know it's not much.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#9 mobydick33

• Topic Starter
  • 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 December 2019 - 08:25 AM

I am Italian too and I can assure you 6 or even 3 coffees a day are a big no no in your situation ;-) . Consider to try to slowly switch to decaffeinated coffee. I know it is hard :-D . With 6 coffees a day you are most likely addicted to caffeine so a slow approach to switching will help facing the side effects. Do not forget to try Apigenin. Let us know how you are doing when you try them.

Lastly your dosage of mifepristone was very high. I saw studies using as low as 200mg per day in cases of depression and generally going up to 600mg per day.

Nieman and colleagues administered mifepristone orally at increasing doses of 5, 10, 15, and 20 mg/kg/day for a 9-week period to a patient with Cushing’s syndrome due to ectopic ACTH secretion.

You did the right ting to lower your dosage and stick to the morning only ;-). I would even try to lower it even more to find the minimum dosage that is working for you.

Although the adrenal axis also normalized, the 18-month-long mifepristone treatment course led to the development of severe hypokalemia (attributed to excessive cortisol activation of MRs), which responded to spironolactone administration.

Hypokalemia 

Hypokalemia is a low level of potassium (K+) in the blood serum. Mild low potassium does not typically cause symptoms. Symptoms may include feeling tired, leg cramps, weakness, and constipation. Low potassium also increases the risk of an abnormal heart rhythm, which is often too slow and can cause cardiac arrest.

Make sure to eat food with potassium (i.e. bananas) to help with that potential side effect.

I am not sure whether in the short term this could explain your lower heart rate. I think it takes a much longer time to develop hypokalemia. But I am not a doctor ...

In bocca al lupo!

hello Italian friends (I am including you too farshad ;))

dear world33 thank you for your answer and "crepi il lupo!" (an Italian expression that means "good luck"). I am definitely addicted to caffeine and I 100% agree to gradually reduce the daily intake. I am also interested in Apigenin. It seems to have a good effect on memory and anxiety.

For the dosage I'll explain everything on the log of the last two days of therapy.

DAY 5

I felt like shit because I got the flu. I don't know if it is due to Mifepristone but I didn't feel well. I also slept quite all day because I was constantly tired. The dosage for the day was 3 pills, each of 340 mg of Mifepristone. I read an interesting meta-analysis about Mifepristone and it is clear that dosages more than 600 mg per day do not increase the benefits. I noticed some red spots around my body. It is a common Mifepristone side effect but they are itchy and annoying. I was also insanely thirsty. I drank 4 liter of water and I didn't pee all of them I am sure. I think Mifepristone gave me some sort of liquid retention.

DAY 6

I feel better and lowered the dosage to 680mg per day. My skin rush is getting worse. My weight in 5 days increased of 4 kg (probably water retention). Still feel the same (edited: for same I mean still feel the benefits) on the cognitive and mood part.

Day 7 (today)

Yesterday was my last day. I am happy that I finished the therapy since my rush increased in the whole body. It should revere in a couple of days but I'll keep you update.

Does it work?

Yes (for now). I feel normal. I have not had bad dreams these days and it is very pleasant because I had bad dreams 90% of the time prior to start the treatment. During the day I notice that my mind is not concerned with things of the past nor is trying to anticipate/create a bad future that confirm my fears.

Point number 2 to 5 seems brilliantly solved. I am personally awaiting to wake up from this dream. I hope it will last.

My main concern is the cognitive impairment (point 1 on the list at the top). The constant flow of bad intrusive thoughts and the fear of the future made me impossible to concentrate for the last 18 years. This made my life sometimes unbearable. Imagine having a sensation of fear or incredible shame or rage or guilt for things occurred in the past, and relive a series of traumatic events randomly one after another. I don't want it. They just pop up and it seems there is nothing I can do to stop them (I tried in so much ways). I am also bipolar and maybe this is part of the reason this happens, but I also have PTSD and this may have triggered my chronic stress in the first place.

I have to say that cognitive impairment is also solved (for now). I don't feel like I am more intelligent, I just see that I can read a text concentrating on it and not reading it while thinking intrusive memories. I am not smarter, It is just that for the first time in year I can use my brain. The toughs just don't pop up without me making something to make it happen.

My binary/assembly code lessons are going smoothly. It is like I can learn a lot faster just because I am able to listen to what I read.

Needless to say I am so happy. But before making conclusions I must check if the effects persist in time. I am praying for this every day. If it does not last it's not a big help.

Again sorry guys if I made some typos or mistake. I am just a bad English speaker and writer in a learning phase.

Edited by mobydick33, 17 December 2019 - 08:28 AM.

#10 mobydick33

• Topic Starter
  • 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 December 2019 - 10:11 AM

Hypokalemia 

In bocca al lupo!

I want also to thank you for the first link of the study I was searching for.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC2671735/

For anyone who is interested above is the more comprehensive meta-analysis of mifepristone as posted by world33 before. After reading this I decided to give it a try.

Since the study related to PTSD is not included in the link above, for who is interested the link is https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC3348629/

Is there anyone else who tried mifepristone for some reason? Can you eventually share some insights? I really would like to confront my experience with other users

edited 2 times: I fixed some typos

Edited by mobydick33, 17 December 2019 - 10:15 AM.

#11 Izan

• 387 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 02:56 AM

Wonder drug for resetting HPA axis

#12 world33

• 214 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 December 2019 - 12:32 PM

I tried 300mg a day for one month. I managed to get a sample (in bulk powder) from an Alibaba supplier and that is all I had to experiment with. I noticed I would not fall asleep anymore after one hour waking up in the morning as I used to do. I felt like I did not need my SSRI anymore (lexapro is the best for anxiety btw) but I did not try to stop the SSRI to see whether it was a real sensation or just a gut feeling. I felt more concentrated but paradoxically jittery like if had a couple of coffee (maybe because despite antagonizing cortisol mifepristone, as far as I understand, it increases it). It is hard to compare with your situation because I also take SSRI and the psychological rumination and severe morning fear/anxiety that I used to have before going into the Lexapro protocol was already gone after one month I started it. So mifepristone did not help me for that and it was an addition to the SSRI. I remember being itchy on my arms skin when using it. I am not sure for how long and what dosage would mifepristone be needed to hopefully reset the HPA axis. Certainly a month might be too short for any downregulation. 

#13 Seganfredo

• 108 posts

Posted 28 December 2019 - 02:02 AM

Moby,

Dude, do check my answers. Really. Do it.

I highly recommend getting HYDROGEN PEROXIDE 35% FOOD GRADE asap and use it according to The One Minute Cure book. It's easy to find online (3 glasses of water each day: 1 drop per glass 1st day, 2 drops 2nd day... 25 the 25th day, keep 25 for a few days, than 24 drops, 23...)

SLOWLY TAPER OFF THE COFFEE, NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU LOVE IT. I know how much Italians love their coffee (I'm fully of Italian origin, have a house in Vigevano, vicino a Milano, have always been addicted to coffee), but you gotta let go of it if you wish to improve yourself. Also, don't push it too hard on anger, sex, and discussions.

The base of the problem is most probably in the gut microbiome. Taking wonder drugs, even if of great help, will 'probably' only lead to short term improvement.

Now I'd advise you to check my past answers, buddy.

Best of luck, ragazzo.

Hello friends.

I started a 1200mg Mifepristone therapy for my chronic stress and anxiety that is plaguing me since 20 years ago.
The therapy is self prescribed. I found out that Mifepristone is able to reset the stress hormones expression in the body. Lets see.

I am on day two and so far I became so quiet. My mood is tranquil and I am not angry of afraid all the time.... I don't know how to describe it. I just hope it is not the placebo effect but my hand isn't shacking all the time. I don't feel afraid of the world around me.... I am just not thinking of it...
I feel normal. I want to cry of joy.
For the cognitive benefit so far I am unable to declare any improvement because I am skipping coding lessons at the moment.

If anyone have some experience with mifepristone please share with me. I hope this will last. I am literally praying god for it.

If you have any question just ask. I will try to answer as best as I can.
Sorry for the shitty English, I am Italian.

#14 atmanj

• 10 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 February 2020 - 09:01 PM

Hi everyone,

I can supply Mifepristone any quantity, please let me know if you need, 95% purity, can compound at any dosage, please do not forget to test your potassium levels and take extra potassium supplements during your treatment. Would not recommend more than t days, and only for Cushings take 1200 mg.

#15 FitnessMike

• 12 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 February 2020 - 01:24 PM

Hi Guys, im also looking for legit Mifepristone source, please DM me.

Mike 

#16 FitnessMike

• 12 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 March 2020 - 03:42 PM

i am taking mifepristone for insomnia caused by chronic stress, im on day 6 of 1 gram a day, tomorrow last day and after stopping i should feel diffference, really hope it will help to some extend.

#17 Guest_Funiture2_*

• Lurker

Posted 13 May 2023 - 08:47 AM

If anyone knows a reliable Mifepristone source in 2023, please message me! I'd really like to try this but it seems difficult to acquire more than a small amount

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#18 atmanj

• 10 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 May 2023 - 04:22 AM

RU48 Mifepristone is available

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mifepristone, chronic stress, focus, anxiety

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users