BPC-157, Igf-1, NAD and longevity genes

longevity sirtuins bpc-157 igf1

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MikeGreo

• 33 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 12:31 AM

Hi,

I only recently have come to hear about BPC-157, and the stuff seems quite amazing.

What concerns me however is that I read that it raises the igf-1 levels. If you have been following Dr. David Sinclair, and some of the research about the longevity gene activiation, high igf-1 levels is correlated with a shorter lifespan. I would love for someone to tell me I have misunderstood or help clarify this for me.

Basically my question is, would taking BPC-157, mean that we are effectively benefiting ourselves in the short-term while harming ourselves in the long-term?

Kind regards,

Mike

Edited by MikeGreo, 03 January 2020 - 12:33 AM.

#2 Rocket

• 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 January 2020 - 01:01 AM

LoL. As someone who has used real hgh and bpc, with blood tests pre and during, I have never seen igf increase on bpc157. Misinformation is rampant! And a little bump in igf is a very good thing in your middle years as it goes way too low naturally. PM me if you want to talk.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 rodentman

• 208 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 01:07 AM

There's not enough information to know for sure how it affects human igf-1 levels, but if you really want to test this supplement, you can do an igf-1 test before and after and look for significant changes... for well under $100 per test.  

A few things to be aware of though.  

1)   peptides are normally poorly absorbed orally, some larger ones don't absorb at all...  This is why they inject it for rats.   And I honestly don't know if you can get tested for bpc-157 levels.

2)  be aware that this is synthetic, and taking a peptide that isn't normally found in your body, and which hasn't been tested on humans is a bit on the risky side.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: longevity, sirtuins, bpc-157, igf1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users