Concerns On Longecity Forums Rating system

revising rating system

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MichaelFocus22

• 331 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 January 2020 - 02:25 PM

So I normally, don't really post too much on the forum other than a few content threads which can be some-what extreme but then again, it's purely on voluntarily choice basis to read. While, their lots of pseudoscience and this is an online forum, it's my concern that this NEG/Pos Rating system is unfairly black-listing people, to such a point that they are always in the negative and this creates a poor perception on who is right and wrong, can be toxic and I've been sensing a good deal of toxicity from these types of neg/pos rating systems, that is basically demotivating other people from posting in almost a clique like fashion. It's my view, that all opinions should be entertained irrespective of how  dumb they are at times, this doesn't warrant permanently negging people and ruining rep such that other people won't take your posts seriously when they are equal or superior in content. It's my suggestion to the moderators, to either consider scrapping the Net worth system or finding something else, it just seems to breed punitive revenge/hate rather than figuring out what is right and wrong. I believe Longecity forum is a very good forum for studying noorotropic and studying immortalism ect it just seems like their needs to be some revisions on the rep system, so everyone isn't being censored by NEGGING Or revenge from a given users because they didn't like what they said.  At least,this we can focus more on finding answers rather than negging people for stating different opinions would be more productive.  Finally, it just looks bad on accounts and it affects perception of content-viewership...Perhaps, a revision is needed? Just my two cent for the moderators.

• Agree x 1

#2 MichaelFocus22

• Topic Starter
  • 331 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 January 2020 - 03:59 AM

Bump: I would like to hear feedback on this as a contributing member of the forum: 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users