- - - - -

Nearly died form injecting 1mg of oxytocin

oxytocin

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Believer

• 437 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 03:10 PM

To make it short. I had ordered boxes of various products including TB500, selank, DSIP and oxytocin from an Alibaba manufacturer. For customs reasons they removed the names from the boxes so only numbers were there and I had to guess what was what.

So I added 1ml of bac water to a red-topped vial containing 5mg of some powder. I thought it was selank so I injected 0.2ml or 1mg of the active compound.

Immediately my pulse rose to nearly 200 as did my systolic blood pressure. I could feel the pressure in my neck and I had a severe headache. I was nauseous and my heart was aching. 10 minutes later my pulse and systolic bp fell to around 100 and 160 respectively but my heart continued to ache or be in slight pain throughout the day. I also felt weird effects like warmness in the left of my head. 

Have any of you tried 1mg of injectable oxytocin? Have you had these side-effects I had?

• Informative x 1

#2 experimenting

• 639 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 04:49 PM

Haven’t, and I assume few others have.

What were your goals with this kind of experiment? Sounds needlessly dangerous.
  • Cheerful x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 06:08 PM

I would never inject any mystery chemicals off Alibaba in any case.

And most people using oxytocin are doing nasal insufflation.  I've never actually heard of anyone doing it via injection.  

Is this to treat your father's stroke?

#4 Believer

• Topic Starter
  • 437 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 06:36 PM

Is this to treat your father's stroke?

No, it was because I have issues associated with low levels of oxytocin like inability to remember faces and people and low desire for social/sexual relations. I did not know it was oxytocin I thought it was selank.

I honestly don't believe the stuff about Chinese products being so low quality. Plenty of people have bought raw powders and they have turned out to be 99% pure.

#5 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 07:51 PM

No, it was because I have issues associated with low levels of oxytocin like inability to remember faces and people and low desire for social/sexual relations. I did not know it was oxytocin I thought it was selank.

I honestly don't believe the stuff about Chinese products being so low quality. Plenty of people have bought raw powders and they have turned out to be 99% pure.

To paraphrase Forrest Gump, "buying research chemicals from China is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you gonna get.".

There are certainly plenty of Chinese synthesis labs that have good equipment and know what they are doing and produce a good product.  The problem is, when you're dealing through Alibaba you generally aren't dealing with them.

What you're dealing with is some little Mom and Pop middleman seller.  They deal with the labs, mark up the result, and sell it to you.  They might buy their compounds from a good lab, then again they might not.  They will generally buy from the lab that gives them the best deal that day and you can't even count on consistency from purchase to purchase as they will make their buys based solely on price at the time they order.  

Chinese culture has this thing about a seller always trying to get the best deal no matter what. Any seller that leaves a fraction of a yuan on the table is considered to be a fool. As long as you can get away with something, like selling an inferior product or even a fake product, you should.  I have dealt with Chinese contract manufacturers and they are fully capable of producing just about any quality you like.  The problem is that once you pick a supplier and sign off on his first article, he busily starts slipping the quality up to the point you notice and then complain.  So, if you aren't testing every lot his shipping you, assume at some point he will ship you talcum power in place of whatever compound you have ordered.  If you notice he will apologize profusely for the mix up, ship you the correct product, then in six months he'll be right back to his old ways trying to see what he can do to cheapen his product that you won't notice.

An individual buyer in this environment is severely disadvantaged since they know that the chances that you'll test anything are virtually zero.  That's why I don't order from Chinese suppliers.  I don't have the ability to test their product so I assume that at some point I'll receive something adulterated.

• Informative x 2
  • Well Written x 1

#6 Believer

• Topic Starter
  • 437 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 08:20 PM

To paraphrase Forrest Gump, "buying research chemicals from China is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you gonna get.".

There are certainly plenty of Chinese synthesis labs that have good equipment and know what they are doing and produce a good product.  The problem is, when you're dealing through Alibaba you generally aren't dealing with them.

What you're dealing with is some little Mom and Pop middleman seller.  They deal with the labs, mark up the result, and sell it to you.  They might buy their compounds from a good lab, then again they might not.  They will generally buy from the lab that gives them the best deal that day and you can't even count on consistency from purchase to purchase as they will make their buys based solely on price at the time they order.  

Chinese culture has this thing about a seller always trying to get the best deal no matter what. Any seller that leaves a fraction of a yuan on the table is considered to be a fool. As long as you can get away with something, like selling an inferior product or even a fake product, you should.  I have dealt with Chinese contract manufacturers and they are fully capable of producing just about any quality you like.  The problem is that once you pick a supplier and sign off on his first article, he busily starts slipping the quality up to the point you notice and then complain.  So, if you aren't testing every lot his shipping you, assume at some point he will ship you talcum power in place of whatever compound you have ordered.  If you notice he will apologize profusely for the mix up, ship you the correct product, then in six months he'll be right back to his old ways trying to see what he can do to cheapen his product that you won't notice.

An individual buyer in this environment is severely disadvantaged since they know that the chances that you'll test anything are virtually zero.  That's why I don't order from Chinese suppliers.  I don't have the ability to test their product so I assume that at some point I'll receive something adulterated.

I agree with you on all points. This company was a manufacturing company, though. As far as I know they did the manufacturing themselves. On the box (of 10 vials) it lists the purity (98.36%) which I don't think a trading company would do. I've ordered from trading companies and they don't do this.

I also contacted this company, because their shipping is really good (3 days from China) to see if they could be the middle man and get me various products like epitalon because I trust their shipping more. But they were a little slow and reluctant to do this even though they'd make a profit.

But yes, quality control is probably not so good in China.

#7 Lady4T

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 January 2020 - 04:02 AM

OMG, Believer!

From what I've researched, oxytocin is dosed in micrograms, not milligrams.

Here's a blurb from Wikipedia: 

"Oxytocin has a molecular mass of 1007 Da,, and one international unit (IU) of oxytocin is the equivalent of 1.68 μg of pure peptide."

The usual intranasal doses range from about 12 to 40 IUs.  So that would be about 20 to 67 micrograms. And I have found a couple of studies that used 10 IUs intravenous which would be about 17 micrograms.

One milligram is 1000 micrograms!

I understand that it was an accident, but thank goodness you're okay. And, thank you for the warning.

#8 Lady4T

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 January 2020 - 04:08 AM

BTW, How did you finally determine that what you injected was oxytocin and not Selank?  Are you sure it was oxytocin and not one of the other substances you ordered?

Edited by Lady4T, 23 January 2020 - 04:15 AM.

#9 Believer

• Topic Starter
  • 437 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 11:41 AM

BTW, How did you finally determine that what you injected was oxytocin and not Selank?  Are you sure it was oxytocin and not one of the other substances you ordered?

DcI8PxK.png

#10 Lady4T

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 January 2020 - 09:18 AM

Oh, I see. Thanks.

Again, I'm glad that you're okay after that harrowing experience.

#11 QuestforLife

• NO

Posted 24 January 2020 - 10:05 AM

Thanks for this report, Believer. I wouldn't have thought it is crazy to inject oxytocin - you can buy 5mg vials for subQ injection in many places, and the recent Conboy paper when they regenerated rats used a dose of this magnitude (once you scale it for humans). Still, your report does give me pause.

#12 Lady4T

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 January 2020 - 10:21 AM

. . . and the recent Conboy paper when they regenerated rats used a dose of this magnitude (once you scale it for humans)

I've been meaning to contact the study authors to get some insights as to dosage for humans. Somehow I doubt that it would be in the milligrams. And judging from Believer's reaction, that would just not be feasible.

#13 Believer

• Topic Starter
  • 437 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 11:48 AM

Guys be cautious about dosing oxytocin but don't just hold off on it yet because I tried 3.2ml of 4mg oxytocin in a spray bottle with each spray containing 0.09ml and I still had a spike in pulse and heart rate and an aching sensation in my heart.

I just woke up and I am awful with math, but:

If each spray is 0.09ml of liquid then there should be be 11 sprays per ml, right? And if there are around 3.2ml then it means 3.2 times 11 which equals 35.2 sprays I can do. So this means that I have 4000 micrograms (4 miligrams) of oxytocin and if there are 35.2 sprays then the math is 4000 divided by 35.2 which equals 113.6 micrograms. In other words, each spray I should get 113.6 micrograms.

However, this does still increases my pulse rate and blood pressure as the 1mg dosage did, just more mildly.

Now I have thrown the contents of the spray bottle out and using a new oxytocin bottle (5mg) I diluted it in 9mls of water and 1 ml of 99% dmso. This should equal to 50mcg per spray.
I just did 1 spray in my 1 nostril and again felt an increase in heart activity and a tight sensation in my head and neck as if my intracranial blood pressure is high. This time I also immediately experienced an effect with my eyes being more sensitive to light, as I did the other times but weirdly now it is more pronounced.

My blood pressure monitor is showing a pulse/heart rate of 62 and 131 systolic bp (120-130 is normal for me). 3 minutes later the bp sys is 127 and pulse is 67.

I have never heard of others having this experience with oxytocin...

• like x 1

#14 QuestforLife

• NO

Posted 24 January 2020 - 03:00 PM

I've been meaning to contact the study authors to get some insights as to dosage for humans. Somehow I doubt that it would be in the milligrams. And judging from Believer's reaction, that would just not be feasible.

Mice were injected subcutaneously with 1ug/g oxytocin (for 7 consecutive days)

Divide by 12 for human equivalent dose, and multiply by 85000 for my weight in grams and you get ~ 7mg/day.

Seven Milligrams! So taking a whole 5mg injection in bacterostatic water would be in the right ballpark.

From the study

Considering these data, we designed the in vivo study depicted in Figure 1C.  We selected a combination of 1/10 the previously published [14] dose of Alk5i (0.02 nmol/g-day), and OT dosed at 1 µg/g-day by subcutaneous administration into mice to provide systemic in vivo delivery of these molecules. C57.B6 male mice at 22-24 months of age (old) were injected subcutaneously and daily with Alk5i+OT or HBSS vehicle control for seven consecutive days.

Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/31422380

#15 Lady4T

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 January 2020 - 08:13 AM

Mice were injected subcutaneously with 1ug/g oxytocin (for 7 consecutive days)

Divide by 12 for human equivalent dose, and multiply by 85000 for my weight in grams and you get ~ 7mg/day.

Yes, I know the study. I'm just not convinced that the conversion to human dosage is that straightforward. From studies I've read, the amount of oxytocin in the human body is in the order of micrograms, which would align with the dosages used in the human studies that used oxytocin either intranasaly or intravenously.

• Agree x 1

#16 Lady4T

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 January 2020 - 10:16 AM

And here's another tidbit I just found:

"By convention, for the purpose of labelling oxytocin preparations, 1 mg of oxytocin peptide (C43H66N12O12S2) is equivalent to 600 IU of biological activity."

Source: Oxytocin --  World Health Organization (WHO)

https://www.who.int/...FINALJune10.pdf

Edited by Lady4T, 26 January 2020 - 10:24 AM.

• WellResearched x 1

#17 Blu

• 40 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 10:32 AM

Let's not discard the hypothesis that, after all, the vials contain something entirely different from oxythocin.

• Good Point x 2

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#18 adamh

• 1,012 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 11:44 PM

Not only is there doubt it was oxytocin, but 600 iu is a massive overdose which would not be expected to have the same results as a normal dose. I find that one spray of 10 iu has an effect and 20 iu has a strong effect. You took the equivalent of 30 times a full dose. Taking 30 times a strong dose of anything will almost always lead to problems if not death. Try 30x a safe dose of amphetamine or a narcotic, for example. Do not try it, just for example. You would be lucky to live. 

If the packaging did not tell you how much to take then its the manufacturers fault. But more likely they did but many people think if a little is good a lot is better so take the whole thing. 

Oxytocin is essential for health and perhaps for life as well. But too much of a good thing can have horrible side effects. The dose makes the poison or the cure.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: oxytocin

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users