ashwagandha side effects?

ashwagandha testosterone

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 faxmulder

• 101 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 06:00 PM

Hi guys,

since I was suspecting low T (I have first-grade varicocele) I ran blood tests and it turns out that I have low Vit D and LH values. Testosterone is in range but on the low end and SHBG seems okay.

My symptoms are mainly: cold hands, dry skin and scalp causing itching, overthinking everything, can’t focus on a single topic due to “monkey mind”, brain fog, mild anxiety and repetitive behaviors, such as checking thinks (OCD-like).

I’ve read that ashwaganda can help in boosting LH and testosterone, besides helping with stress, thus I’ve just started supplementing Jarrow KSM-66. It’s been only two weeks, but so far it seems that I’m doing well, I have more energy, anxiety is lower and brain fog is a little better.

However I’m noticing two side effects: more irritability and pimples on my face. Do you think that these sides are caused by increased testosterone? Do they improve with time?

In your experience is there anything better than ash for my issues?

Thanks a lot!

#2 Rays

• 72 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 06:30 PM

I read some side effects on this page:

https://www.consumer...a-side-effects/

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 ibtisam_midlet

• 105 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 07:22 AM

I have some of your symptoms, what's help me is
Anafranil 75mg/d for motivation and depression and overthinking
Low dose respiridon 0.25mg/day for overthinking
Magnesium 320mg/d I have took 9g to be start it working as a loading dose, she help with sleep as mascle relaxant and anxiety
Lamotrigine for motivation.

For low t use anastrazol rather then direct T supplement, better short and long term. And to avoid negative feedback problems.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 shellhouse4

• 1 posts

Posted 08 February 2020 - 07:21 PM

Acne here as well with a different brand of KSM-66 extract.  Not so much with whole herb from Swanson.

Haven't noticed irritability, per se.  Personal experience with higher testosterone is that it boosts confidence and feelings of calmness and warmth. YMMV and I'm not sure about how ashwagandha specifically has impacted my hormone levels.

Other noteworthy effects have been related to time dilation and clarity of thoughts.  This was more noticeable on whole herb before switching to KSM-66 and not sure if it was a "honeymoon effect" of sorts.  Have noticed it before when starting supplementation, and this is the first longer term regimen for me as of this year.  The effects have either decreased or I've adjusted to them.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ashwagandha, testosterone

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users