• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

what are some supplements that can kill bacteria in your gut?

supps

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 January 2020 - 10:36 AM

Beside the regular ones like probiotics/prebiotics, is there any thing like herbs or other unusual supplements that can improve gut bacteria or such likes? so far I just have Triphala and berberine on my list. already tried drugs for gut inflammation .

https://www.mayoclin...nt/drc-20354362

Triphala is typically employed to help heal the epithelial lining in the gut, to enhance barrier function (keeping the gut from becoming leaky), and to improve absorption of nutrients. Licorice root is often used to help with irritation by providing a protective cover over the membrane lining, as a mild laxative, and to help decrease inflammation. Finally, slippery elm is used for healing the mucous membranes in the gut. These herbs have been used to treat inflammatory conditions such as ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, GERD (hyperacidity), and membranes that might be compromised in any way.

Using in-vitro (outside the human body) methods, the authors found that these herbs helped promote the abundance of certain species of bacteria. Triphala significantly increased the abundance of bacteria Acidaminococcus and Sutterella. Slippery elm had the greatest impact on bacteria belonging to the family of Clostridium. Licorice demonstrated an increase to Bacteroides. This demonstrates that the herbs used can act as prebiotics to increasing numbers of good bacteria. In addition, licorice root was able to decrease the population of potential opportunistic invaders Enterococcus faecalis and Klebsiella pneumoniae. These potential disease-causing bacteria have been linked to the development of a leaky gut (intestinal permeability).

Edited by farshad, 30 January 2020 - 11:35 AM.

#2 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 January 2020 - 12:22 PM

Is resveratrol good for gut?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Oakman

Posted 30 January 2020 - 02:21 PM

Most foods with sulfur related compounds, such as garlic, onion, also oregano, honey, turmeric, horseradish, wasabi, strong acid fruits like pineapple, lemon, D-Limonene, there are many.

• Good Point x 2

#4 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 January 2020 - 03:32 PM

Most foods with sulfur related compounds, such as garlic, onion, also oregano, honey, turmeric, horseradish, wasabi, strong acid fruits like pineapple, lemon, D-Limonene, there are many.

thought most foods are deprived of helpful content because of pesticides and bad soils and have actually more harmful stuff. that is why I wanna rely on supplements instead even though they maybe grown similar as food they're more concentrated and work better.

https://www.theguard...drink.shopping3

I wanna avoid honey because it contains sugar which disrupts the gut microbiome and fruits like apple and banana.

Even the smallest thing that affects the gut badly has an effect on me so I need to keep it as healthy as possible and only take things which has to have none bad effects. I can't even eat yoghurt because it contains sugar but it has probiotics but still I was getting worse as I was eating it and couldn't figure out why until I saw that most yoghurts have sugar. I have to be very careful with what I take and eat.

Edited by farshad, 30 January 2020 - 03:33 PM.

#5 Oakman

Posted 30 January 2020 - 04:00 PM

Most foods with sulfur related compounds, such as garlic, onion, also oregano oil, honey, turmeric, horseradish, wasabi, strong acid fruits like pineapple, lemon, D-Limonene, there are many.

Use above in supplement form then. Those with standardized amounts of key molecules are most purified and therefore least likely to have undesired elements.

#6 Werper

• 189 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 05:34 PM

I think brushing your teeth and the residue from the toothpaste that gets ingested certainly isn't good for gut bacteria.   Kind of a silent bacteria killer that's overlooked.

• Informative x 1
  • Agree x 1

#7 Zaion

• 22 posts

Posted 28 April 2020 - 06:44 AM

I eat a lot of fruits and vegetables so sometimes I get bloated and nauseous. I suggest to make a tea putting antimicrobial herbs like oregano, sage, thyme, coriander, garlic. the taste is bad but it helps.

There are also pills with similar ingredients for example chinese pills but I prefer the raw herbs(dried)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#8 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 April 2020 - 04:02 PM

I have really bad celiac disease is there any drugs or supplements that have been shown to combat this in any shape of form? like improving intestine function or somth besides lithium

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: supps

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users