• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Osteoporosis after Cancer Treatment: Radiation and Chemotherapy. This is for my mom.

osteoporosis cancer cervical calcium vitamin d radiation chemotherapy brachytherapy

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Cappa

• 66 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 10:31 PM

My mom was diagnosed with osteoporosis after her cancer treatment for cervical cancer.

Her cancer treatment included:

• external beam radiation (with low dose chemotherapy, i.e. "chemoradiation")
  • brachytherapy
  • chemotherapy (full dose)

Her bone density test was only done after the cancer treatment (not before) so we can't say for certain that her osteoporosis was caused by the cancer treatment.

It seems likely that the cancer treatment was at least a contributing factor of the osteoporosis, if not its primary cause.

My mom is currently taking:

• Fosamax 70 mg / weekly (Saturday morning)
  • Jamieson 100% Complete Women 50+ / daily (morning)
    • Contains:
  • Maximum Calcium (Calcium Carbonate, Citrate, Fumarate, Malate, Succinate) 325 mg / daily (morning)
  • Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) 2,000 IU / daily (morning)
  • Zoloft 100 mg / daily (morning)
  • Ativan 0.5 mg (as needed)

What is the ideal form of calcium? My mom has told me to research this "AlgaeCal" product. Is it more bioavailable as compared to other forms of calcium? https://www.algaecal.com/

Does calcium derived from non-food sources clog the arteries?

She has only done a bone density test. Should other tests be done?

Thanks for any advice and information.

Edited by Cappa, 17 February 2020 - 10:33 PM.

#2 Cappa

• Topic Starter
  • 66 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 03:45 PM

I posted this here because I remember from years ago that many of you are knowledgable when it comes to supplementaiton (and health in general). My go to sources use to be this forum and Mind and Muscle, but the latter seems to be gone now? In any case, any information or advice is much appreciated.

I read my original post again and noticed that it's possible that it could be mistaken to be spam or something like that. I can assure you that's not the case. As you can see, I have 66 posts and I've been a member of this forum since May 22, 2009.

As far as the calcium supplement that I referenced in my original post, consumer labs warned that higher than normal levels of lead have been detected in this product: https://www.consumer...ments/AlgaeCal/. And all the testimonials appear to be sourced from the company that makes it. So I'm not sure, although it's not looking good.

Is a food source of calcium superior to a non-food source? Or does that not matter? Is there any research on this?

Edited by Cappa, 28 February 2020 - 04:04 PM.

Click HERE to rent this BIOSCIENCE adspot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 08:58 AM

Sorry to hear that your family is going through this, my little brother struggled with Osteoporosis for several years. I have not researched it as much as I have other things, but chemo seems pretty awful to me, I wouldn't undergo it...

From The Cancer Industry by Mark Sloan

A study published in The Lancet in 1980 found that of 78 patients who received chemotherapy, survival “was no better than that of the 80 who did not receive chemotherapy.”  Furthermore, regression of tumors was found to have no impact on survival and, “survival may even have been shortened in some patients given chemotherapy,” the study reports. (p. 38)

Dr. Abel pronounced that despite new and increasingly expensive poisons being used during chemotherapy, “patients do not live a day longer” than they did 25 years prior.  Overall worldwide chemotherapy success rates he said were “appalling,” and that "for most internal cancers no proof exists that chemotherapy, especially the increasingly high dose variety, increases life expectancy or improves quality of life."  Dr. Abel estimated at least 80% of chemotherapy administered throughout the world is completely worthless. (pp. 38-39)

A group of Australian scientists published a study in 2004 suggesting that far more than just 80% of chemotherapy administered is worthless.  During a follow-up with cancer patients 5-years after receiving chemotherapy, the researchers determined that only 2.1% of patients in the US and 2.3% of patients in Australia were still alive – exposing chemotherapy’s astonishing 98% failure rate. (p. 39)

By shrinking the initial tumor mass, chemotherapy deceives doctors into thinking patients are benefitting from the treatment, when in actuality, the growth and spread of cancer are being accelerated by it. (p. 39)

“As a chemist trained to interpret data, it is incomprehensible to me that physicians can ignore the clear evidence that chemotherapy does much, much more harm than good."
- Alan Nixon, Ph.D., Past President of The American Chemical Society

"To sell chemotherapy as a 'therapy' is most likely the biggest deceit in the history of medicine. Whoever masterminded this chemo-torture deserves a monument in hell."
- Dr. Ryke Geerd Hamer, M.D.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#4 Gal220

• 1,041 posts

Posted 10 September 2020 - 03:36 AM

I would add collagen , extra vitamin c, and k2 (also)

Click HERE to rent this BIOSCIENCE adspot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 mrbrightside

• 3 posts

Posted 01 October 2020 - 02:08 AM

Joroseland : Quoting publications from 1980 or even 15-20 years ago with respect to
chemotherapy clearly shows you do not know much about the subject so please
Stop posting on chemotherapy.

To the OP, you can increase D3 and add K2 mk4 (15-45mg/day). Numerous studies show its quite
good at increasing bone density.
  • Informative x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: osteoporosis, cancer, cervical, calcium, vitamin d, radiation, chemotherapy, brachytherapy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users