- - - - -

My (extensive and expensive?) regimen

nad+ sirt1 inflammation

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 brundall

• 97 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 05:27 PM

Just sharing my regimen for no other reason than I'm bored on a day off work....

Male, aged 49

All taken 6 days per week with Sundays off

Morning

Based on the Nuchido Time Supplement (Nad+increase and efficiency) and boosting H2S

Zinc Picolinate 25 mg

Vitamin C 500mg

Taurine 1000 mg

Tru Niagen125mg

Niacin 100mg

EGCG Green tea extract 400mg

Apigenin 50 mg

Rutin 250 mg

R-Lipoic acid 150 mg

Dinner

Some essentials?, inflammation management, Sirt1 activation and general health

Fish Oil 1000 mg (480mg EPA 320mg DHA)

Krill Oil 500 mg

Vitamin D3 2500iu

Tocotrienols 125mg (Delta & Gamma)

CoQ10 100 mg

Vitamin K complex (K1 1500mcg, MK4 1000mcg, MK7 100mcg)

Pine Bark extract 50mg

Grape Seed extract 100mg

Olive Leaf extract 500 mg

Mushroom Complex 500mg (7 varieties)

Lycopene 15 mg

Macuguard complex (Lutein, zeaxanthin etc)

Astaxanthin 10 mg

Curcumin and Black Cumin Seed complex

Creatine Monohydrate 1.25g

Night

Sleep quality and gut health

Magnesium complex 500mg

Glycine 1000mg

Vitamin C 500 mg

Probiotic (10 strains, 25 billion CFU's)

• Informative x 2
  • like x 2

#2 rodentman

• 208 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 12:54 AM

It's a nice regimen.  How much does it set you back?

sponsored ad

• Advert

#3 brundall

• Topic Starter
  • 97 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 12:32 PM

Well, to initially purchase all the items would be approx $600 cdn and then about $150 per month after that to replenish. 

Not cheap in my world and I have no idea if they are doing anything good for my body. Just a gamble really

• Cheerful x 1

#4 brundall

• Topic Starter
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 11:06 PM

It's nice to see that Taurine is getting some love as a pretty effective Sirt1 activator.

https://www.scienced...009279719314061

I personally think Taurine is one of the most underrated supplements around.....and cheap as heck too.

#5 RWhigham

• 509 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 April 2020 - 10:25 PM

RE Taurine  (Needs references, but I haven't got time. These are easy to verify with Google)

• Taurine inhibits PARP-1
  • Excessive PARP-1 uses up cytosolic NAD+.
  • Inhibiting PARP-1 can restore cytosolic NAD+ with amazing immediate benefits
  • But PARP-1 participates in DNA repair
  • Inhibiting PARP-1 with Taurine will reduce DNA repair.
  • DNA repair is one of the main activities of cells occurring many times per second
  • When DNA repair lags behind DNA damage, the DNA damage will accumulate
  • I will not personally inhibit PARP on purpose (Rutin also inhibits PARP)
  • Taking TRU Niagen and Grape Seed Extract likely has your cytosolic NAD+ levels good without Taurine

Re Apigenin

• Nuclear CD38 is the main consumer of nuclear NAD+ in old age
  • Apigenin with Quercetin inhibits nuclear CD38 and will restore nucNAD+ in old age
  • Without nuclear NAD+ there is no benefit from boosting SIRT1
  • Apigenin 50mg/day will build up to a steady state level of about 300mg due to its long half life. This is sufficient
  • Quercetin inhibits DNA polymerases (POLS) which are used to make DNA & RNA. 
  • Quercetin has a very short half life. So taken once daily in normal dose (250-500mg) it will not inhibit POLS very long. However I would not take it multiple times per day

Edited by RWhigham, 04 April 2020 - 10:36 PM.

• Informative x 4
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • WellResearched x 1

#6 RWhigham

• 509 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 April 2020 - 04:26 AM

☹️

Edited by RWhigham, 05 April 2020 - 04:45 AM.

• Cheerful x 2

#7 brundall

• Topic Starter
  • 97 posts

Posted 05 April 2020 - 12:02 PM

So, if I read you correctly - you would recommend dropping taurine completely and add quercetin to the apigenin I take once per day?

In your opinion, are there any other safer ways than taurine to boost H2S?

#8 RWhigham

• 509 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 April 2020 - 04:24 PM

So, if I read you correctly - you would recommend dropping taurine completely and add quercetin to the apigenin I take once per day?

Yes with a caveat. There are tradeoffs. Apigenin is a topoisomerase poison   Dr Rivas MD on a Josh Mitteldorf blog said topo poisons can cause weak tendons.

Quercetin is a topo inhibitor but with its short half life quercetin once daily is likely very safe.

Topoisomerase is needed for DNA transcription.. (A topo inhibitor reversibly interferes with the molecule but a poison permanently messes up the molecule). Like everything else the dose makes the poison. I don't know what the safe dose is.

Other topo poisons commonly taken are Fisetin, Berberine, and EGCG. Again, I don't know the safe dose.

Usually these results are reported from in vitro studies with high doses, but to be on the safe side I would not take any of them on a daily basis.

Apigenin has a 90 hr half life. 50 mg daily w half-life of 90 hrs will reach a steady-state 290 mg postdose peak (not quite 300mg) & 250 mg before dose trough. On stopping it takes 15 days to drop 16 fold to a harmless 18mg.

I take a single 300mg dose every few of months followed by quercetin for several days. The increased nucNAD+ should improves many muclear functions including fueling SIRT1 activity and increasing DNA repair. 

In your opinion, are there any other safer ways than taurine to boost H2S?

Garlic boosts H2S

Calorie restriction with Adequate Nutrition (CRAN) boosts H2S

NAC together with taurine boosts H2S

The reason to boost H2S is for vascular health. You might look at other ways to boost vascular health such as Fluvastatin-10mg & Valsartan-20mg for 30 days every 6 months. Maybe Gotu-Kola (Centella asiatica) plus Pynogenol would also work.

My personal opinion is that vegetable oils are the main cause of global ill health including heart disease, obesity, and diabetes. This opinion follows from the protons theory in the Hyperlipid blog. There is a simplified explanation at Fire In a Bottle. You have to keep linking from one page to the next to get the entire explanation.

Edited by RWhigham, 05 April 2020 - 05:14 PM.

• Informative x 1

#9 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 April 2020 - 05:09 PM

I would suggest the following tweaks:

- D3 - test your 25-hydroxyD (a blood test) so you know what level of supplementation is appropriate for you- shoot for 100 nmol/L - and retest after 3 months to see how the change in dosage (up or down) is doing. Canadian winters usually call for higher amounts so 2500IU may prove to be insufficient.

- CoQ10 - up it to 200mg/d as absorption % falls with age and unless you switch to the more expensive ubiquinol , increasing the dose to account for the reduced utilization makes sense at your age.

- Re: Taurine - don't worry about 1g/d . Depending on diet you can reach that with food alone. Besides, it helps with so many important processes. Keep it.

- Creatine - sub 2g seems lowish. Unless you have some kidney issues, 2g seems optimal (unless you are a meat lover and achieve it via diet).

• like x 2
  • Good Point x 1

#10 RWhigham

• 509 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 April 2020 - 05:27 PM

High vitamin D3 levels are controversial but I'm a believer. I take enough vitamin D3 to put my parathyroid hormone at the bottom of its test range. This may be the maximum safe amount of Vitamin D3 provided it's accompanied with plenty of vitamin K to prevent unwanted calcifications. I started on high vitamin D3 over 40 yrs ago when only low doses were sold over the counter. My CAC score is 8 and hasn't changed in a long time (I have one tiny speck of calcium reinforcing the bend in one cardiac artery)

#11 RWhigham

• 509 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 April 2020 - 06:22 PM

I like your stack for the most part

• Zinc Picolinate 25 mg  -- zinc on an empty stomach may cause nausea
  • Vitamin C 500 mg
  • Taurine 1000 mg
  • Tru Niagen125mg  -- if you can afford it take 300mg daily.
  • Niacin 100mg
  • EGCG Green tea extract 400mg  -- topo poison. Not sure how much is safe
  • Apigenin 50 mg   -- topo poison. Not sure how much is safe
  • Rutin 250 mg  --  topo poison. Not sure how much is safe
  • R-Lipoic acid 150 mg -- releases mercury (if you have any) Add NAC to remove the released mercury before it redeposits causing more damage.
  • Fish Oil 1000 mg (480mg EPA 320mg DHA)
  • Krill Oil 500 mg
  • Vitamin D3 2500iu -- the ratio of vit-D3 and vit-A is important, but recommendations vary.  I like a 1:1 ratio measured in US iu's. I take retinyl palmitate (real vit-A) not beta carotene (pre-vit-A if you have the right genes)
  • Tocotrienols 125mg (Delta & Gamma) -- Stanford found delta tocotrienols inhibit VCAM-1 (vascular cell adhesion molecule) which is an aging factor in old blood. Young blood transfusions don't rejuvenate because "old blood aging factors win every time." VCAM-1 may also promote plaques
  • CoQ10 100 mg -- increase to 200 mg per day which has been shown to reduce heart disease by some huge amount
  • Vitamin K complex (K1 1500mcg, MK4 1000mcg, MK7 100mcg) -- you can safely take lots of D3
  • Pine Bark extract 50mg (pycnogenol) -- combine with gotu kola (centella asiatica) to raise vascular telomerase and potentially rejuvenate the vascular system. (Gotu kola can interfere with libido, see how it goes) Or, if you can get prescriptions, take Fluvastatin-10mg plus Valsartan-20mg daily for 30 days. Repeat every 6 or 12 months
  • Grape Seed extract 100mg -- Most grape seed extract is no good. take "OPC grape seed" extract at night with 5mg lithium to boost NAMPT which will raise cellular NAD+.
  • Olive Leaf extract 500 mg -- boosts the cellular ubiquitin proteasome system (UPS) to reduce the accumulation of bad proteins from all-too-common synthesis errors
  • Mushroom Complex 500mg (7 varieties)
  • Lycopene 15 mg -- protects the prostate, for BPH take 15 mg twice daily
  • Macuguard complex (Lutein, zeaxanthin etc)
  • Astaxanthin 10 mg -- excellent! The only molecule that fits perfectly without disruption into lipid membranes to prevent oxidation of LDL
  • Curcumin and Black Cumin Seed complex
  • Creatine Monohydrate 1.25g -- usually 5g or more with exercise. Can cause muscle cramps if you don't exercise
  • Magnesium complex 500mg -- Avoid Mg-oxide which is a laxative. Add Mg-threonate to get Mg into the brain
  • Glycine 1000mg -- the gene to make glycine is ancient. It seems nature has never found anything better. It has been suggested to supplement 10g per day. But glycine is part of the brain's control system. It enables neurons to fire (enables one of the gates on NMDA receptors) I used to take a lot. But I stopped to avoid affecting neurons.
  • Vitamin C 500 mg
  • Probiotic (10 strains, 25 billion CFU's)  -- Take 1 capsule of Biogaia's Osfortis daily (if you can afford it). It boosts oxytocin levels 5 fold in mice, hopefully also in humans. 

• WellResearched x 3

#12 AlxM

• 45 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 11:32 PM

@RWhigham would the regimen you posted be suitable for a male aged 42 years?  What changes if any would you suggest? Thanks

Edited by AlxM, 15 April 2020 - 11:33 PM.

#13 RWhigham

• 509 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 April 2020 - 01:07 AM

@RWhigham would the regimen you posted be suitable for a male aged 42 years?  What changes if any would you suggest? Thanks

The regimen I posted is from the originating post of this thread, with my comments added. The only concerns I have are with the topoisomerase inhibitors EGCG, Apigenin, and Rutin. I would not take these very often myself, but they are commonly taken by others.

Edited by RWhigham, 16 April 2020 - 01:08 AM.

• Good Point x 1

#14 AlxM

• 45 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 07:32 PM

I noticed no Reseveratrol is in this stack...why did Resveratrol in general fall from grace? I remember it being popular at one point some time ago. Biotivia was one brand I had considered adding or something like Thorne Resveracel. 

Edited by AlxM, 17 April 2020 - 07:36 PM.

#15 brundall

• Topic Starter
  • 97 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 05:05 PM

Thanks everyone for your feedback:

I have lowered my Taurine intake to 500mg, increased my NR intake to 300mg and dropped Apigenin completely.

I don't take Resveratrol as I get severe joint pain  from it every-time.

Looking at the Nuchido Time blogs they have the following info on the rationale for their ingredients:

'It soon becomes evident that in order to restore NAD+ to youthful levels, a multitargeted strategy far more complex than a single precursor is required: An NAD+ precursor plus promotion of NAD+-synthesis enzymes plus suppression of NAD+-destroying enzymes plus suppression of NAD+ excretion (e.g. NNMT) in favour of NAD+ salvage. Based on this strategy, let’s look at the “targets” that we’ve arrived at, and then relate them to Nuchido’s TIME+ ingredients. The targets we have are:

NAD+ precursor - promotion NAMPT – promotion NQO1 – promotion AMPK – promotion CD38 – suppression NNMT - suppression     Now let’s look at the chemical biology of TIME+ ingredients, for example:

Niacinamide (NAD+ precursor) Parsley (apigenin) (promotes AMPK, suppresses CD38) Green tea extract (EGCG) (suppresses NNMT, promotes NQO1) Rutin (promotes NAMPT, AMPK, suppresses CD38) Alpha Lipoic Acid (promotes NQO1, AMPK)     So, we have a many-to-many mapping between our desired targets in NAD+ metabolism and TIME+ ingredients:

Ingredients_mapping_picture_large.png?v=

So it appears that Rutin does the same jobs as Apigenin + more. EGCG is the only substance to lower NNMT so I left that in

#16 9lives

• 33 posts

Posted 04 November 2021 - 06:06 AM

We think a lot alike! Personally I prefer NMN to NR (tried both), and given my MTHFR polymorphisms I take a methylated form of folate and avoid niacin.

Probably doesn't have to boost H2S? The list I've been tracking allows: curcumin, sulforaphane, quercetin, isoquercetin, apigenin, luteolin, ginseng, pterostilbene, resveratrol, zinc.

I like EGCG in green tea, but have read enough about negative side effects in concentrated doses that leaves me concerned with supplementing it.

Ubiquinol > CoQ10

RWhigham has good points too, and it's all about balancing the different effects.

#17 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 11 November 2021 - 05:54 AM

No TMG with the NAD precursors?

#18 9lives

• 33 posts

Posted 11 November 2021 - 08:10 AM

@TheFountain I've seen a few variations of this general strategy. The 1 I'm familiar with does suggest some form of methylation support - TMG being just 1 option.

The NNMT inhibitor which is part of the Nuchido approach in brundall's post interests me. I found this post from David Sinclair (links to a buy wall study). Looks like a good addition, although it seems not much out there that can be taken to inhibit it.
https://twitter.com/...757173110517762

If you're familiar with the latest on stacking NAD+, methylation support, and SIRT activators, would be great to hear your take.

#19 brundall

• Topic Starter
  • 97 posts

Posted 11 November 2021 - 11:04 PM

Small update to my regimen - I am not any kind of expert in these matters but I do research as much as I can. A lot of my supplements are trial and error based and 'how I feel' while taking them. A lot of removals and some additions.

Male, aged 51

On waking 

A scoop of Collagen Peptides and 2.5grams Creatine in a black coffee

With breakfast

Zinc Picolinate 25 mg

Tru Niagen 300mg

EGCG Green tea extract 200mg

Apigenin 50 mg

R-Lipoic acid 50 mg

Luteolin 165 mg

Hyaluronic acid 100mg

Alpha Ketoglutaric acid 300 mg

Dinner

Vitamin D3 5000iu (5 days per week)

CoQ10 200 mg

Lycopene 15 mg

Astaxanthin 6 mg

Broccomax - 2 capsules

Blackcurrant extract 200mg (70mg Anthocyanins)

Night

Magnesium complex 500mg

Glycine 1000mg

#20 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 14 November 2021 - 06:11 AM

Small update to my regimen - I am not any kind of expert in these matters but I do research as much as I can. A lot of my supplements are trial and error based and 'how I feel' while taking them. A lot of removals and some additions.

Male, aged 51

On waking 

A scoop of Collagen Peptides and 2.5grams Creatine in a black coffee

With breakfast

Zinc Picolinate 25 mg

Tru Niagen 300mg

EGCG Green tea extract 200mg

Apigenin 50 mg

R-Lipoic acid 50 mg

Luteolin 165 mg

Hyaluronic acid 100mg

Dinner

Vitamin D3 5000iu (5 days per week)

CoQ10 200 mg

Lycopene 15 mg

Astaxanthin 6 mg

Broccomax - 2 capsules

Blackcurrant extract 200mg (70mg Anthocyanins)

Night

Magnesium complex 500mg

Glycine 1000mg

Can I ask you what affect Apigenin is having on you?

#21 brundall

• Topic Starter
  • 97 posts

Posted 14 November 2021 - 04:46 PM

I take Apigenin and Luteolin mainly for inhibition of CD38 which I hope will maintain my NAD levels. They also have a hand in Autophagy which must be good right?

I don't feel any effects from them.....but I think the science behind them is OK for now

#22 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 17 November 2021 - 09:39 PM

I take Apigenin and Luteolin mainly for inhibition of CD38 which I hope will maintain my NAD levels. They also have a hand in Autophagy which must be good right?

Absolutely.

Personally I take Trehalose in my morning Cocoa beverage and I cycle Quercetin. But I am totally open to trying Apigenin since it seems so inexpensive.

What brand do you use? And what dose again?

#23 cjacek

• 56 posts

Posted 19 November 2021 - 08:18 AM

Absolutely.

Personally I take Trehalose in my morning Cocoa beverage and I cycle Quercetin. But I am totally open to trying Apigenin since it seems so inexpensive.

What brand do you use? And what dose again?

I don't feel any effects from them.....but I think the science behind them is OK for now

Please correct me if I'm wrong but from what I've gathered researching this stuff, looks like isolated Apigenin is not stable for too long. More importantly, the NUCHIDO TIME+, referenced above, does NOT contain isolated Apigenin, but rather Parsley extract (the whole herb), to yield about 600 mg of Apigenin per the daily serving (6 capsules) + several other substances as seen in a previous post. The 600 mg Apigenin number I got from their patent online and assuming they are using the same amount in the current finished product. But point is that they used the whole herb, which is actually preferable in my opinion. (Parsley is the richest source of Apigenin). I'm not sure the ratio used for their extraction but it would have to be a high strength extract in order to fit into their capsules. If you want to take Apigenin, then I would suggest 1 - 2 teaspoons of dry parsley flakes which should yield you 300 - 600 mg of bio-available Apigenin. That's the cheapest and best way to take Apigenin.

Edited by cjacek, 19 November 2021 - 08:29 AM.

#24 brundall

• Topic Starter
  • 97 posts

Posted 19 November 2021 - 12:27 PM

Please correct me if I'm wrong but from what I've gathered researching this stuff, looks like isolated Apigenin is not stable for too long. More importantly, the NUCHIDO TIME+, referenced above, does NOT contain isolated Apigenin, but rather Parsley extract (the whole herb), to yield about 600 mg of Apigenin per the daily serving (6 capsules) + several other substances as seen in a previous post. The 600 mg Apigenin number I got from their patent online and assuming they are using the same amount in the current finished product. But point is that they used the whole herb, which is actually preferable in my opinion. (Parsley is the richest source of Apigenin). I'm not sure the ratio used for their extraction but it would have to be a high strength extract in order to fit into their capsules. If you want to take Apigenin, then I would suggest 1 - 2 teaspoons of dry parsley flakes which should yield you 300 - 600 mg of bio-available Apigenin. That's the cheapest and best way to take Apigenin.

Very true, it would probably be way better to take parsley extract but I tried to get everything in pill form for convenience sake. I use the Swanson brand Apigenin and it's only 50 mg per pill (but it's relatively cheap) I also take 165mg of Luteolin which I believe is an even stronger CD38 inhibitor. I am hoping that those two ingredients will do the job?

I notice DoNotAge has an Apigenin capsule with 250mg per that is bound to beta glycosides that may take care of the stability problems.

#25 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 23 November 2021 - 11:40 AM

Interestingly I put a lot of Parsley on all kinds of foods. About as much as you state here in your research outlook. 

#26 LongLiveTheNewFlesh

• 81 posts

Posted 24 November 2021 - 08:38 AM

Well, to initially purchase all the items would be approx $600 cdn and then about $150 per month after that to replenish.

Not cheap in my world and I have no idea if they are doing anything good for my body. Just a gamble really

Sounds expensive, wow!

Don’t mind me nowhere near your intelligence bracket, but if you would like to hear what I have to say, read on:

Just out of curiosity, why would you take a gamble like that (It’s clear you know a lot about chemistry. Are you a chemist? Is this how you know this stuff won’t harm you?) I mean how do you that stuff won’t make your face peal off? Sure they are healthy supplements, but do you know enough about how all those drugs will interact with one another? Also where did you learn this stuff? Google? It may be on google but that doesn’t make it true. Somebody could be trying to kill you. So don’t gamble, you might die, right?I’m just asking because I want to learn more about you , your regime, and everyone’s regime on here for that matter. I just want to learn from you and others here about this awesome subject.

Best

Edited by LongLiveTheNewFlesh, 24 November 2021 - 08:46 AM.

• dislike x 2
  • Needs references x 1

#27 Inquisition404

• 1 posts

Posted 29 November 2021 - 08:09 AM

Sounds expensive, wow!

Don’t mind me nowhere near your intelligence bracket, but if you would like to hear what I have to say, read on:

Just out of curiosity, why would you take a gamble like that (It’s clear you know a lot about chemistry. Are you a chemist? Is this how you know this stuff won’t harm you?) I mean how do you that stuff won’t make your face peal off? Sure they are healthy supplements, but do you know enough about how all those drugs will interact with one another? Also where did you learn this stuff? Google? It may be on google but that doesn’t make it true. Somebody could be trying to kill you. So don’t gamble, you might die, right?I’m just asking because I want to learn more about you , your regime, and everyone’s regime on here for that matter. I just want to learn from you and others here about this awesome subject.

Best

Hey LLTNF

Nice to see so much curiosity and criticism.

1. How do you know stuff won't harm you?

- Well, you can Google it. And yes, just because some random website makes a claim, that doesn't make it true. But there are websites that are managed by scientists and government agencies. 
And if you really want to make sure that you're at the source, I recommend reading reviews and scientific papers yourself. They're hard to read in the beginning, but after 10 or so papers, you will get used to the language and terms used. 

2. I mean how do you that stuff won’t make your face peal off?

- Medical pills are certified by national administrations. Which means they would have to have gone through clinical trials and be accepted critical review by a board of scientists. So you can be fairly sure that a medical pill doesn't melt your face off. As long as you consult the attachment sheets with side effects and dosages etc., you should be fine. 

But as another general rule: You should not take supplements of which you are not lacking. I.e. taking Vitamin E if you're not lacking any can have serious adverse effects. Less so for water soluble Vitamins, like D and Bs.

- Nutrition supplements are a little bit harder, though they more often use harmless ingredients. Nutrition supplements don't need to be reviewed by an administration and boards of scientists. So there you will have to do your own research. Check out what is inside the supplement and check online what the adverse side effects are, if it is even bioavailable in that form, etc.

3. Sure they are healthy supplements, but do you know enough about how all those drugs will interact with one another?

- Health supplements are not the same as drugs. Nutrition supplements, like vitamins, minerals, etc. are also found in regular food. It can happen that some supplements are less bioavailable when taken with other supplements. But that shouldn't have any adverse effects on your body.

- If you're taking medical supplements (like metformin, fisetin, etc.), you will have to do some research about drug interactions or you can consult a specialist if you know any.

4. Also where did you learn this stuff? Google?

- Google, pubmed, webofscience, reddit, google scholar, etc.

- Textbooks, lectures, M.O.O.C.s, etc.

- Conferences, webinar series'

- Talking with people who have read up on it

5. Somebody could be trying to kill you.

- You would have to find some seriously weird website for that to happen. What pops up on Google first are most visited websites and promoted websites. And a dude who is out to kill some random people probably won't invest so much money to have his website "EatThisAndYouWillLiveForever" promoted to the top of Google search for the term "how to live forever".

6. So don’t gamble, you might die, right?

- Nah, probably not. You would realize soon enough that what you are eating is not doing you any good. Then you will have to stop taking these supplements and maybe visit a doc.

Best and safest things you can do to stay healthy for as long as possible are eating colorful plates of food (= a healthy and large variety of foods), exercise and social interactions.

Second best is to check out your blood values for various Vitamins and micronutrients and then supplement on those. And then retest after 6-12 months to see if it had any effect. 

Third best is to read online certified websites and published scientific articles and discuss your findings with peers and then go from there.

#28 LongLiveTheNewFlesh

• 81 posts

Posted 30 November 2021 - 03:38 AM

inquisition404 : thank you so much for your GREAT reply. thanks for such interesting and awesome information, it really is cool to me awesome!!! I think I might try a regimen some day, after some more reading.

Best

Edited by LongLiveTheNewFlesh, 30 November 2021 - 03:42 AM.

#29 Paravani

• 38 posts

Posted 08 December 2021 - 08:18 PM

Hey LLTNF

Nice to see so much curiosity and criticism.

1. How do you know stuff won't harm you?
- Well, you can Google it. And yes, just because some random website makes a claim, that doesn't make it true. But there are websites that are managed by scientists and government agencies.
And if you really want to make sure that you're at the source, I recommend reading reviews and scientific papers yourself. They're hard to read in the beginning, but after 10 or so papers, you will get used to the language and terms used.

2. I mean how do you that stuff won’t make your face peal off?
- Medical pills are certified by national administrations. Which means they would have to have gone through clinical trials and be accepted critical review by a board of scientists. So you can be fairly sure that a medical pill doesn't melt your face off. As long as you consult the attachment sheets with side effects and dosages etc., you should be fine.
But as another general rule: You should not take supplements of which you are not lacking. I.e. taking Vitamin E if you're not lacking any can have serious adverse effects. Less so for water soluble Vitamins, like D and Bs.
- Nutrition supplements are a little bit harder, though they more often use harmless ingredients. Nutrition supplements don't need to be reviewed by an administration and boards of scientists. So there you will have to do your own research. Check out what is inside the supplement and check online what the adverse side effects are, if it is even bioavailable in that form, etc.

3. Sure they are healthy supplements, but do you know enough about how all those drugs will interact with one another?
- Health supplements are not the same as drugs. Nutrition supplements, like vitamins, minerals, etc. are also found in regular food. It can happen that some supplements are less bioavailable when taken with other supplements. But that shouldn't have any adverse effects on your body.
- If you're taking medical supplements (like metformin, fisetin, etc.), you will have to do some research about drug interactions or you can consult a specialist if you know any.

4. Also where did you learn this stuff? Google?
- Google, pubmed, webofscience, reddit, google scholar, etc.
- Textbooks, lectures, M.O.O.C.s, etc.
- Conferences, webinar series'
- Talking with people who have read up on it

5. Somebody could be trying to kill you.
- You would have to find some seriously weird website for that to happen. What pops up on Google first are most visited websites and promoted websites. And a dude who is out to kill some random people probably won't invest so much money to have his website "EatThisAndYouWillLiveForever" promoted to the top of Google search for the term "how to live forever".

6. So don’t gamble, you might die, right?
- Nah, probably not. You would realize soon enough that what you are eating is not doing you any good. Then you will have to stop taking these supplements and maybe visit a doc.

Best and safest things you can do to stay healthy for as long as possible are eating colorful plates of food (= a healthy and large variety of foods), exercise and social interactions.

Second best is to check out your blood values for various Vitamins and micronutrients and then supplement on those. And then retest after 6-12 months to see if it had any effect.

Third best is to read online certified websites and published scientific articles and discuss your findings with peers and then go from there.

Great reply, and mostly accurate, but with this caveat:

Do not take anything to excess. Always take the recommended dosage or LESS, unless you know exactly what you're doing.

Specifically, NEVER take more than the recommended dose of any nootropics (brain nutrient) unless you understand exactly how it works, what other brain nutrients are impacted by it, and you are also compensating for the increased dose by supplementing to keep all your brain chemicals in balance.

As an example, don't take serotonin precursors like 5-HTP in high doses without supplementing to keep your dopamine in balance, too, or you'll end up in a sobbing heap on the floor at best... and in the hospital ICU at worst.

Also, don't take more than 200mg of vitamin B6 from all sources as pyridoxine. My understanding is that the body can absorb or excrete excess B6 if it's taken in some other form, like P5P, but pyridoxine can be toxic in relatively small amounts.

Basically, just read and follow the directions on the bottle(s), and start slowly.
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert

#30 brundall

• Topic Starter
  • 97 posts

Posted 22 April 2023 - 09:40 PM

Another update, some removals and some newish additions

Male, aged 53

On waking 

A scoop of Collagen Peptides, one tablespoon Cacao and 2.5 grams Creatine in a black coffee

With breakfast

Zinc Picolinate 15 mg

Nicotinamide Riboside 350 mg

Urolithin A 250 mg

Ubiquinol 100 mg

Hyaluronic acid 200 mg

Fish Oil 1000 mg (685mg EPA 310mg DHA)

N-Acetyl Cysteine 600 mg

Dinner

Fish Oil 1000 mg (685mg EPA 310mg DHA)

Vitamin D3 2000iu 

Vitamin K2 90mg

Lycopene 15 mg

Lutein 20mg & Zeaxanthin 4mg

Astaxanthin 6 mg

Alpha Ketoglutaric acid 300mg

Spermidine 8mg

Urolithin A 250 mg

Apigenin 50mg

Night

Magnesium Glycinate 200mg

Glycine 1000mg

Probiotic (20 strains, 65 billion CFU's)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nad+, sirt1, inflammation

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users