Fasting to reverse caffeine tolerance

caffeine tolerance fasting

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Billybear185

• 110 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 01:27 AM

Hello all,

I drink coffee several times a day and I have definitely built up a tolerance. In order to reverse caffeine tolerance I am going to fast for around 4 days. Just water and minerals. Right now I am about 46 hours in and obviously I'm very hungry and have migraines. Alot of people that quick caffeine cold turkey could take up to a month to feel ''good as new''. I'm hoping to accomplish this in about a week ( obviously after the fast it will take a day or two to feel optimal just because of lack of food).

I will keep everyone updated. Very tired right now so I may edit this later, or atleast add to it. 

#2 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 01:43 PM

Good luck with the fast.  Not sure i understand rationale behind it though.

Just order some Japanese tea and start drinking that.  Even tapering down will probably give you mild headaches.  And at 3 cups a day, I can quit cold turkey without noticing it.  I can resume days or weeks later and get only slightly stronger effects than usual.

Fasting may help clean out the body, but going into a nutritional void may also hinder the brain's ability to recover neurotransmitter and receptor levels to normal and therefore hinder your ability to return to baseline.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Billybear185

• Topic Starter
  • 110 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 06:56 PM

I'm thinking of the benefits of fasting on DNA repair, autophagy, etc, as being applicable to the brain as well. It has also been shown that fasting releases BDNF and NGF. Because of this it's reasonable to hypothesize that the brain will be in a state where it can adapt more quickly.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: caffeine, tolerance, fasting

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users