Dextroamphetamine make me a little tired toward the end of the day

adhd dextroamphetamine

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 giant

• 24 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 March 2020 - 10:40 PM

I take low dose dexamphetamine for ADHD. Low dosing is all I need and works successfully. I take 2.5mg each time. I know it is very low but it works well for me, any higher and I can be a little overstimulated. 

I normally take first dose 20 mins after breakfast, so first dose close to 9.00pm, sometimes I will then again mid morning (about 11.00am) but not always. Lunch happens at 1.00pm. I'll take the next dose at either 2.00pm or 2.30pm. I'll have a snack at 4.00pm then take the last one about 5.00pm.

But what bugs me is when I take my last dose which is about 5.00pm, by the time I get home which is 5:30 or 5:45pm, I can feel quite tired that I need to lie down and have a quick nap once I'm home from work.

Does anyone have an explanation as to why the last dose could be making me so tired? If I avoid it I won't get tired, but I would lose out on focus I could be using in the evenings. 

I need this to change. What is making this happen and how can I remedy it?

Any ideas are appreciated.

#2 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 March 2020 - 05:50 AM

I would start meth it has long half life to work all day, prescription name's desoxyn.

Edited by kurdishfella, 10 March 2020 - 05:53 AM.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 giant

• Topic Starter
  • 24 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 March 2020 - 11:12 PM

I would start meth it has long half life to work all day, prescription name's desoxyn.

Desoxyn is not available in the UK  :) 

#4 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 02:10 PM

You can try to get ahold of Memantine to keep tolerance down and take more Adderalls, but then I'm told the Memantine makes you drowsy and such.  Once I witness this friend completely pass out for over an hour on Memantine after a few tokes of weed.  We weren't sure if he was dying at first, so yeah, know your limits.  Probably even better is to quit the meds and find a more "natural" approach that works for you.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 RYAN474

• 45 posts

Posted 16 March 2020 - 02:44 PM

If you are on dex only, (d-amphetamine), then trying adderall (mixed amphetamine salts, containing both D and L amphetamine) may be worth considering.  When I tried dex by itself, it just made me tired and less clear minded. Then switching to adderall (generic mixed amphetamine salts) made a huge difference. I was on that for about 10 years, then recently switched to ritalin alone because I was getting some anxiety from the adderall and ritalin does not cause that for me.

I still get some fatigue at the end of the day after the stimulants wear off, so this may be normal and hard to prevent. Whatever underlying issues we have that make us need the stimulants are also probably making it so that we have generally less energy to function and we are tired at the end of the day. I could list dozens of different things I have done that help reduce the fatigue, but it's so individual. 

Some of the big ones: 

- Try a trial switching to low carb diet (for me, carnivore diet gave a major improvement after 4 weeks on it- energy levels significantly improved but still mild slump end of the day- just much less than before). 

- Sleep: implement one thing at a time to improve your sleep quality and quantity. This makes an enormous difference in energy levels throughout the day. I have almost no fatigue if I sleep until I wake up naturally - NO alarms (or get as close to that much sleep as possible- even if you do need to use an alarm). That final 30-60 minutes in the morning (mostly REM sleep) makes a profound impact in fatigue throughout the day. 

- For me, introducing ipamorelin (a shot immediately before bed) has profoundly impacted the quality of my sleep and reduced fatigue during the day.  300-400 mcg in my case. 

- Chili Pad 

- Sauna 1-3 hrs before bed 

- Meditation 2x/day (TM for me). 

- Look at hormone levels - thyroid, sex hormones etc to ensure they are adequate. I am on thyroid replacement and wonder if my end of day fatigue could be reduced by tweaking thyroid dosage. 

That being said, I think the fatigue could be related to many other things.  Do you eat a high protein breakfast? Often people that get tired in the afternoon/evening will benefit from eating high protein breakfast rather than high carb. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: adhd, dextroamphetamine

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users