• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

any supplement that lower Phenethylamine activity?

phenethylamine lower anxiety

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 2 Duckets

• 56 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 11:10 AM

I believe endogenous Phenethylamine is giving me anxiety. Any supplements that lower Phenethylamine activity in any way?

#2 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 March 2020 - 09:09 PM

serotonin 5htp maybe and dopamine antagonists can help indirectly

Edited by kurdishfella, 11 March 2020 - 09:12 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 2 Duckets

• Topic Starter
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 12:58 AM

5htp does work but i cant take it because it gives me massive insomnia. Probably due to the fact that a lot of the serotonin receptors are actually excitatory.

Taking Phenethylamine in supplement form gave me massive anxiety. Thats why im trying to lower it with supplements.

Also, Phenethylamine binds to the TAAR1 receptor. Maybe I have to many TAAR1 receptors causing anxiety? Any way to downregulate TAAR1 receptors with supplements?

#4 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 March 2020 - 03:25 AM

Maybe tryptophan will works better since it is less stronger than 5htp. 

But something that lowers PEA directly? No idea. Does not BCAA supplement compete with other amino acids like the precursor for PEA for absorption into the brain, or is it just for muscles? if not, perhaps a diet low in phenylalanine and tyrosine.

Edited by kurdishfella, 12 March 2020 - 03:26 AM.

#5 BioHacker=Life

• 249 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 02:47 PM

Phenibut is a studied pea antagonist.

#6 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 March 2020 - 04:31 PM

I thought phenibut was made from PEA? you would think that would increase the activity rather than block it.

#7 BioHacker=Life

• 249 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 12:59 AM

I thought phenibut was made from PEA? you would think that would increase the activity rather than block it.

Most antagonist drugs are modified from agonists.

#8 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 March 2020 - 10:55 AM

So they specifically made it an antagonist or just an accident ? I think increasing PEA at least in my experience decreased fear, and I didn't know PEA had receptors but that it just activates the release of neurotransmitters so how can it be an antagonist on something that has no receptors? Phenibut was supposedly made to decrease anxiety for astronauts during lift off, im paraphrasing, but something that decreases PEA would increase anxiety. I guess there has to be a balance?

Edited by kurdishfella, 24 March 2020 - 10:57 AM.

#9 BioHacker=Life

• 249 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 04:57 PM

So they specifically made it an antagonist or just an accident ? I think increasing PEA at least in my experience decreased fear, and I didn't know PEA had receptors but that it just activates the release of neurotransmitters so how can it be an antagonist on something that has no receptors? Phenibut was supposedly made to decrease anxiety for astronauts during lift off, im paraphrasing, but something that decreases PEA would increase anxiety. I guess there has to be a balance?

pea works on trace amine receptors and inhibit gaba b receptors. phenibut does the opposite.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/11830761

Phenibut (beta-phenyl-gamma-aminobutyric acid HCl) is a neuropsychotropic drug that was discovered and introduced into clinical practice in Russia in the 1960s. It has anxiolytic and nootropic (cognition enhancing) effects. It acts as a GABA-mimetic, primarily at GABA(B) and, to some extent, at GABA(A) receptors. It also stimulates dopamine receptors and antagonizes beta-phenethylamine (PEA), a putative endogenous anxiogenic

#10 2 Duckets

• Topic Starter
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 01:52 PM

pea works on trace amine receptors and inhibit gaba b receptors. phenibut does the opposite.

BioHacker, Thanks for the info bro! Is beta-PEA a receptor? Or does PEA just bind to TAAR1? I cant seem to find an answer on that.

Phenibut did take away my anxiety, and when I supplemented PEA it gave me massive anxiety. This is why I think my anxiety issues are due to internal PEA production or maybe TAAR1 receptor activation? I dont know.

Thanks for all your responses.

Edited by 2 Duckets, 25 March 2020 - 01:55 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#11 BioHacker=Life

• 249 posts

Posted 27 March 2020 - 06:20 PM

BioHacker, Thanks for the info bro! Is beta-PEA a receptor? Or does PEA just bind to TAAR1? I cant seem to find an answer on that.

Phenibut did take away my anxiety, and when I supplemented PEA it gave me massive anxiety. This is why I think my anxiety issues are due to internal PEA production or maybe TAAR1 receptor activation? I dont know.

Thanks for all your responses.

If it does it has not been issued yet.

PEA antagonisms GABA hence instant anxiety. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users