[ALCOR] A message to our members about COVID-19

alcor covid-19

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ImmInst

• Admin, Director robot
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 20 March 2020 - 06:13 PM

Novel coronavirus and the associated COVID-19 pandemic is a top priority at Alcor. The health and safety of our valued Members, staff, and strategic partners is of paramount importance. With the announcement of travel bans and the World Health Organization (WHO) recently declaring COVID-19 as a pandemic, Alcor is taking this threat very seriously. Updates […]

View the full article

#2 Rib Jig

• 206 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 03:32 PM

any comments, concerns?  :|o  :|o  :|o

why don't they immediately create separate room

with sterilization at exit...?

I'm only associate now,

there must be some frantic members...?

#3 ImmInst

• Topic Starter
  • Admin, Director robot
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 06:06 PM

The COVID-19 pandemic has created many challenges for the practice of cryonics. Alcor remains committed to providing cryopreservation when needed. However, Alcor members should be aware of limitations during the pandemic. If you are hospitalized, cryonics personnel deployed for standby services might not be allowed to visit you inside the hospital. Electronic contact with care […]

View the full article

#4 ImmInst

• Topic Starter
  • Admin, Director robot
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 04:39 AM

COVID-19 is a once-in-a-lifetime pandemic. SARS, MERS, Ebola, and swine flu don’t come close in the number of deaths and disruption to the economy and everyday life. Today saw the largest number of new confirmed daily cases at 134,705 globally. Members who read Alcor News will have seen our notices explaining how we have prepared […]

View the full article

#5 kurt9

• 256 posts

Posted 14 June 2020 - 09:39 PM

No, not at all.

A real "once in a life time pandemic" would be like the bird flu in the John Ringo novel "the Last Centurion", which kills around 60% of the global population. This would be a real "SF style" pandemic. We have not had this yet.

Edited by kurt9, 14 June 2020 - 09:40 PM.

#6 ImmInst

• Topic Starter
  • Admin, Director robot
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 07:19 AM

In my last post a week ago, I noted the shortening of doubling times for confirmed cases of COVID-19, starting May 25. In that week, total confirmed cases have risen from 29,852 to 40,924. The daily percentage increase has varied between a low of 2.84% and a high of 6.52%. Another measure of growth in […]

View the full article

#7 ImmInst

• Topic Starter
  • Admin, Director robot
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 12:00 AM

In my June 16 post I said I would look at other states which are to many Alcor members. In those five days, Arizona’s confirmed case count has risen 28%. The 7-day moving average has hit three new highs. Mandatory mask-wearing has been imposed in most cities, including Scottsdale and Phoenix. What about California, Florida, […]

View the full article

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users