• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Reducing Personal COVID-19 (and Chronological Age) Lethality Risk: An Inflammasome Explanations Learning Log

covid-19 aging survival probability inflammasome

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 HighDesertWizard

• 830 posts

Posted 21 March 2020 - 12:20 PM

[Question:] Do you know what the clinching evidence was that space-time is curved?
[Answer:] It was a photograph, not of space-time, but of an eclipse, with a dot there rather than there.

[Q:] And the evidence for evolution?
[A:] Some rocks and some finches.

[Q:] And parallel universes?
[A:] Again: dots there, rather than there, on a screen.

[Explanation:]
What we see, in all these cases, bears no resemblance to the reality that we conclude is responsible;
only a long chain of theoretical reasoning and interpretation connects them.
-- David Deutsch, 2009, in this video

---------------------------------------------

2020/03/21

We can take steps to reduce the risk of COVID-19 infection and morbidity. Studies demonstrate that behavioral practices "flattening the curve" reduce individual risk as well as population COVID-19 infection spike height.

But if we do get infected and proven therapeutics don’t yet exist, are there steps we might take that will reduce the risk of COVID-19-related death?

A key biological object/process implicated in COVID-19 morbidity has become clear. Interestingly, this same biological object is implicated in the increasing risk of death as we age.

• Can we leverage knowledge about this biological object to reduce personal COVID-19 morbidity risk if we get infected?
  • Can we leverage knowledge about this biological object to reduce personal morbidity risk as we age?
  • What strategies and tactics might we employ to reduce these risks?

The objective of this forum thread is to leverage knowledge of this biological object

• to understand COVID-19 to take action to reduce its lethality risk
  • to understand more about Aging to take action to reduce its lethality risk

Background, Keywords, Thread Rationale

• COVID-19 is triggered by the SARS-CoV-2 virus (a SARS Virus cousin)
  • COVID-19 is a kind of ARDS (Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome) Disease
  • Recent studies from COVID-19 infected countries show...
    • The mortality rate of the elderly is higher than for the young…
    • that an anti-malaria drug, hydroxychloroquine, might be a profound therapeutic in at least 3 small studies done in China, France, and Japan
  • Other studies demonstrate that...
    • an intra-cellular, immune system process, “Inflammasome Activation”, is a (or the) trigger for ARDS Lethality
    • hydroxychloroquine is an Inflammasome Activation Inhibitor
    • increased Inflammasome Activation is correlated with
      • reduced Survival Probability in general
      • increased health disorders and morbidity associated with Chronological Age
  • These facts constitute “Evidence Enough” to presume that the science about ARDS in general is relevant for…
    • understanding COVID-19
    • taking action to increase our personal survival probability risk vis-a-vis COVID-19 infection
    • understanding Inflammasome Activation and Aging
    • taking action to increase our personal survival probability risk as we age

Because Inflammasome Activation is implicated in diminished survival probability as we age, I've established this "learning log" forum thread in the Aging Theories category.

:)

Edited by HighDesertWizard, 23 March 2020 - 01:19 AM.

• Informative x 3
  • like x 2
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#2 HighDesertWizard

• Topic Starter
  • 830 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 01:18 AM

A draft table of key beliefs I hold about Inflammasome Activation, COVID-19, and related topics.

I'll check out ways to make the links accessible rather than pasting in an image.

I'll be updating as time passes...

Version 0.1

Monday, March 23, 2020

BpDfvb5h.png

Edited by HighDesertWizard, 23 March 2020 - 12:12 PM.

• like x 1

#3 HighDesertWizard

• Topic Starter
  • 830 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 12:08 PM

Thanks to Mind and Caliban for providing me with Moderator permissions on this forum thread. Having them makes it possible for me to correct errors and even change the Forum Thread Title after the regular time for editing runs out.

Now that I have moderator status in this thread I can add additional thread introductory content to 4 posts to follow in the next few days...

1. A brief list of beliefs about the COVID-19 infection and immune system reaction mechanism it triggers that I take to be settled in the scientific literature

2. How to think about the recent French study about hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin and the mechanisms of action of those two substances vis-a-vis COVID-19 infection. Here's the summary of what's happening that was published at Wired.

3. (Lethal) Coronavirus infection inhibiting foods, drugs, supplements, and techniques

4. A summary of how this forum thread about the Inflammasome Complex, COVID-19, and Aging in general relates to other forum threads I've created.

Edited by HighDesertWizard, 29 April 2020 - 04:45 PM.

#4 ROBST3R

• 7 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 April 2020 - 08:44 AM

Hi

We are not allowed to post but it’s already been almost a month ago before your last post
  • Good Point x 1

#5 RWhigham

• 509 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 April 2020 - 07:55 PM

• The1918 flu epidemic was most lethal among healthy young adults with strong immune systems. The cause of death was over-reaction of the immune system (over inflammasome activation)
  • The COVID-19 epidemic is most lethal to those with a weak immune system. The opposite of the 1918 flu epidemic.

#6 HighDesertWizard

• Topic Starter
  • 830 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 04:43 PM

Hi

We are not allowed to post but it’s already been almost a month ago before your last post

Yes. I apologize. I've been working with Vince Giuliano to get the ideas in this post done...

Edited by HighDesertWizard, 29 April 2020 - 04:47 PM.

#7 HighDesertWizard

• Topic Starter
  • 830 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 04:53 PM

• The1918 flu epidemic was most lethal among healthy young adults with strong immune systems. The cause of death was over-reaction of the immune system (over inflammasome activation)
  • The COVID-19 epidemic is most lethal to those with a weak immune system. The opposite of the 1918 flu epidemic.

I'd been puzzled about why the 1918-1919 flu epidemic was so deadly for the young until just recently when I came across this video...

Edited by HighDesertWizard, 29 April 2020 - 04:58 PM.

• Informative x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: covid-19, aging, survival probability, inflammasome

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Topic Led By