- - - - -

can collagen cause GERD?

gerd

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ironfistx

• 1,172 posts

Posted 25 April 2020 - 07:38 PM

Look, this is feasibly going to sound crazy.  Everyone loves collagen, including myself.  For years, I used Great Lakes collagen.  It really helped my joint discomfort.  Recently, they changed their formula, although they deny, the color, texture, and taste changed, and it doesn't even have an effect anymore on my joints.

Then I decided to try another brand.

A few days after taking it, I developed chest pain, air hunger, and heart palpitations.  Shortly after this, I developed difficulty swallowing, globus sensation the feeling of something held in my throat, and a sore throat.  This went on for months.

I stopped taking the collagen.

The LPR seemed to get a little better.  Cereal routinely makes it worse.

Recently, it started to get a little better.  Slightly.  I've been recording my diet for months, taking D limonene and Manuka.  The other day, I had that same collagen in the morning.  Another thing I did differently was I took some Wobenzym the day before.

That night, symptoms returned.

What the fuck.

Edited by ironfistx, 25 April 2020 - 07:53 PM.

#2 hamishm00

• 1,053 posts

Posted 26 April 2020 - 08:49 AM

It possibly could be hypercalcemia caused by the collagen -- studies show that this happens in some people.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 birthdaysuit

• 299 posts

Posted 29 June 2022 - 09:03 PM

I know this is two years old but this happened to me. Mixed Perfect brand Collagen with water, around tabelspoon in 12 oz of water and developed really bad acid reflux/GERD with lump in throat and major bloating that would not go away. It's been 10 days and I'm still burping and feelign like crap.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gerd

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users