• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Optimizing Biological Age - Dr. Michael Lustgarten

biological age c-reactive protein calorie restriction creatinine blood testing diet and mortality epigenetic aging glucose inflammation phenoage

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Engadin

• 198 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 May 2020 - 06:36 PM

The Journal Club is bringing you a presentation about biomarkers by Dr. Michael Lustgarten from Tufts University.

"Many biological calculators exist, but how one can optimize their own biological age is less clear. In this presentation I’ll discuss Levine’s Phenotypic Age calculator, which is strongly correlated with biological age. I’ll discuss each of its 9 biomarkers, including how they change with age and their association with all-cause mortality risk. Then, using my own blood test data for more than 20 measurements over the past 5 years, I’ll suggest how to optimize these variables. Collectively, this approach may allow one to achieve and maintain a youthful biological age." - Dr. Lustgarten

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: biological age, c-reactive protein, calorie restriction, creatinine, blood testing, diet and mortality, epigenetic aging, glucose, inflammation, phenoage

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users