Photo

Fungal symbiosis to augment, amplify, & maximize neural networks

neural networks symbiosis root structure critique mycorrhizae

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ocean

• 15 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 07:41 PM

Aloha Everyone, I’ve been doing quite a bit of research on the similarities of mycorrhizae beneficial nutrient distribution in root structures & neural networks. I would be grateful to get some constructive criticism on my opening abstract that you can see here:

Warm Mahalos
Ocean

#2 William Sterog

• 505 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 May 2020 - 07:43 AM

What the fuck is this?

Click HERE to rent this BIOSCIENCE adspot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 ocean

• Topic Starter
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 04:37 PM

Aloha William,
Thanks for taking time to respond. It’s a good question. I’m making the claim that certain Fungi (introduced into our body) can move neurotransmitters around our brain the same way they move nutrients around tree/plant roots. In the video I show evidence of how this could be possible. Thecbeneficial symbiotic relationship between trees and fungus is similar (at least in my opinion) to what happens in our brain under the influence of psilocybin cubensis, if you take a look at the brain scans (fmri....etc) coming from https://www.research..._fig7_260254473
https://hopkinspsychedelic.org/

Click HERE to rent this BIOSCIENCE adspot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 William Sterog

• 505 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 May 2020 - 10:56 PM

I did understand the point of the video. And whereas I admit that there are some visual similitudes between symbiotic relationships between fungi and plants and the human nervous system, the equivalent procedure will be that of inducing a fungal infection in your brain in order to promote its growth. Something that I can not recommend to try.

I admit that mushrooms are interesting as nootropics, but I do not think that the mechanisms are very similar necessarily to the ones that mediate the encouragement in the growth of plants. And I do not think that there is any evidence, beyond the possible beautifulness of the idea, indicating the veracity of this hypothesis.

Of course, I do neither think that the visual similarity is casual, and I believe that mathematical models and biology are probably able explain the similar distribution of trees and neurons.

In any case, the video is certainly shocking in its presentation. At the very least you should moderate your use of sound effects. Also, I think that you should research more thoroughly your topics, and try to present them in a more reasonable and articulate way. I do not want to be harsh, but you should really learn how to improve your skills at making videos if you are interested in sticking to this path.

Just my two cents.

Lastly, this is not the correct subforum to post this.

Edited by William Sterog, 23 May 2020 - 11:01 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: neural networks, symbiosis, root structure, critique, mycorrhizae

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users