GABA B and/or GABA A upregulation

gaba agaba b gbl ghb bdo baclofen phenibut benzodiazepines

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 dylesid

• 21 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 02:48 PM

I Hello,

I have asked a similar question in 2017 but I am still looking for the answer.

I have found a way to upregulate GABA B receptors. Not sure how legit this is, but I will test it out probably tomorrow and let you know.

This is a 3 times a day stack:

• Fasoracetam 50mg
  • Agmatine 2g
  • Taurine 5g
  • Alpha GPC 500mg

So totally per day:

Fasoracetam 150mg

Agmatine 6g

Taurine 15g

Alpha GPC 1500mg

Now, the question is. Is there anything similar for GABA A upregulate? I've heard something about Picamilon, but I think it can increase GABA and that's it, no GABA A upregulation.

Any ideas, please?

• Needs references x 1
  • Informative x 1

#2 ibtisam_midlet

• 105 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 10:52 PM

not all gaba receptors are good, you should focus on sub types too

the good receptors in gaba a and b is

α1(sedative or amnestic & induce sleep)

>>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zolpidem

>>https://en.wikipedia.../wiki/L-838,417

α2 and α3(anxiolytic)

>>https://en.wikipedia...a.org/wiki/Α5IA

>>https://en.wikipedia.../wiki/L-838,417

B3(sedation)

>>https://en.wikipedia.../wiki/Etomidate

Edited by ibtisam_midlet, 21 May 2020 - 11:04 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 2 Duckets

• 56 posts

Posted 23 May 2020 - 05:12 PM

Try lowing your glutamate. Excess glutamate down regulates gaba(b) receptors.

#4 dylesid

• Topic Starter
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 09:02 PM

Try lowing your glutamate. Excess glutamate down regulates gaba(b) receptors.

Thank you, but how to achieve it? Any supplement?

#5 2 Duckets

• 56 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 10:14 PM

Apigenin, Hesperidin, and Myricetin lower glutamate. They're natural compounds you can buy in supplement form.
  • Informative x 1

#6 dylesid

• Topic Starter
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 May 2020 - 08:17 AM

Thank you very much!

#7 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 May 2020 - 07:12 PM

Isn’t homotaurine supposed to be a GABA B antagonist? So would therefore unregulate GABA B receptor output upon cessation of homotaurine.

I can imagine though that accute effects of homotaurine (in certain individuals) may be very unpleasant.

Edited by Thorsten3, 25 May 2020 - 07:15 PM.

#8 2 Duckets

• 56 posts

Posted 25 May 2020 - 10:30 PM

Thank you very much!

Your welcome

#9 dylesid

• Topic Starter
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 May 2020 - 07:47 PM

Isn’t homotaurine supposed to be a GABA B antagonist? So would therefore unregulate GABA B receptor output upon cessation of homotaurine.

I can imagine though that accute effects of homotaurine (in certain individuals) may be very unpleasant.

Yes, exactly. And I am changing my plans. The stack above only first 2 weeks, then 2 months homotaurine, if I will be strong enough. 

#10 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 04:32 PM

red ginseng and ginkgo contain GABA antagonists at physiologically relevant concentrations

#11 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 June 2020 - 04:34 PM

red ginseng and ginkgo contain GABA antagonists at physiologically relevant concentrations

Are they strong enough though? Ginseng is pretty quick stuff.

#12 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 June 2020 - 04:42 PM

Oh ok. That must be why I get a dull feeling from it. But GABA down-regulation truly sucks ass. Not sure how that would compare to GABA antagonism. Similar perhaps? I’m no scientist.
Oh ok. That must be why I get a dull feeling from it. But GABA down-regulation truly sucks ass. Not sure how that would compare to GABA antagonism. Similar perhaps? I’m no scientist.

#13 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 11:58 PM

Depends on the type.  A partial antagonist can generally induce the same favorable up-regulation response without the same harsh clinical features presented with a full antagonist.

iirc, ginkgolide and bilobalide as well as possibly Rg6? all act pre-synaptically as well so they have potential to upregulate and correct both sides of the synapse.  It does have the short-term effect of making you potentially anxious so factor that in, but at 24 hr or 7 day the receptor should be above baseline.  maybe worth a go if you have them laying around

• Informative x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#14 2 Duckets

• 56 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 01:05 AM

Incarvillea Sinensis might be a good natural substance to antagonize GabaA receptors. In turn causing up regulation.

"Two-electrode voltage clamp recordings of α1β3γ2, α2β3γ2, α3β3γ2 and α5β3γ2 subtypes expressed in Xenopus oocytes revealed that incarvillateine inhibited the GABAA currents with IC50 of 25.1 μM, 43.1 μM, 105.1 μM and 93.7 μM, respectively. Whole-cell patch clamp recordings of hippocampal slices confirmed that incarvillateine inhibited spontaneous inhibitory postsynaptic currents (IPSCs), and miniature IPSCs and tonic currents. Moreover, inhibition of GABAA currents and spontaneous IPSCs by incarvillateine persisted even in the presence of blockers of adenosine receptors."

I tried it. You can tell its antagonising the BZD receptor.
  • Informative x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gaba agaba b, gbl, ghb, bdo, baclofen, phenibut, benzodiazepines

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users