pre-workout stack

advice workout

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 faxmulder

• 101 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 08:55 AM

Hi folks,

I've assembled the following pre-workout stack, which I'm taking 60min before weight lifting:

• cordyceps
  • citrulline
  • agmatine
  • beta-alanine

A few questions:

• is there anything missing? Maybe dynamine or Alpha GPC (for its supposed HGH-boosting effects)? Consider that I'm taking the stack at around 5:30pm, so I don't want to impair sleep
  • are rhodiolaginseng or ashwaganda (KSM-66) better options than cordyceps as pre-workout? I’d like to try also the combo tongkat ali + boron
  • is it necessary to take also taurine, to balance beta-alanine?

Thanks!

#2 DividedMind2008

• 35 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 June 2020 - 04:31 PM

I've put together something similar - as I'm sensitive to certain compounds that may be in pre workout formulas.

I take - 

AAKG - one scoop 

Beta Alaline - one scoop

Citruline - one scoop

Creatine - one scoop

2 BCAA capsules

half a caffiene pill

I should mention I rarely ever use caffiene - but I recently started adding it to my pre workout - half a pill equals about 1 cup of coffe for the dosage I purchased so make sure you don't take too much if you plan to at all. I would definitely add the AKG to your regimen but I can't comment on the rest. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for EXERCISE to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Laika

• 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 July 2020 - 07:48 PM

I've been working out for almost 15 years now. I've tried all kinds of preworkouts. 95% of the time I just use caffeine.

My favorite--this is more of a treat than anything:

1-2g Kratom (hopefully a strain that energizes you)

1 CDB/THC gummy w/ 2mg THC (I'm very sensitive to THC)

Caffeine (a moderate amount)

The least favorite part of my workout is the warm-up, stretching, and mobility work. But with this stack I absolutely love this part. It puts me in a very yoga-like headspace where I really enjoy the pulling and warming up of the muscles. Also, the mind-muscle connection is unreal. I think this is a really great stack for building new or reinforcing muscle recruitment patterns. I just love being in the gym and exercising when on this stack and that's what it's all about after all.

I take creatine on a daily basis. It just makes me feel good and I feel like it has nootropic effects and there's a lot of literature that demonstrates it's ability to improve recovery.

Every once in a while I'll do a stack with ephedrine (Bronkaid--over the counter). It works really well in the gym. I will complete more working sets and usually achieve more reps. Motivation and focus is through the roof. But I feel like it lasts for the rest of the day and I'm racing around anxious and stressed out. I have a hard time being compassionate and relaxing. So it's not really worth it for me.

Agmatine provides a great pump, but I also get a great pump without it. So I save it for when I feel like I might be getting depressed.

Ashwangandha (KSM-66 from ND) seemed to improve my physique somehow and maybe gave me more energy. It's notable but I don't think I'll continue using it because it's hard to justify the cost/benefits. 

Nothing else has really stuck. There are some mushrooms that I don't think I've given a fair shot and I've heard some things about MACA so I'll have to give that a shot as well.

Oh, I should mention LGD-4033. The closest thing I've done to a steroid. Definitely made me stronger and feel better. Too good. I didn't want to come off it. When I did, I felt depressed, which may very well have been due to the suppression of testosterone. If SARMs could bring your testosterone up for a period of time and then bring them back down to baseline, I'd continue taking them. But there is always a period of suppression that, in my opinion, isn't worth it.

#4 DividedMind2008

• 35 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 July 2020 - 05:07 PM

I've been working out for almost 15 years now. I've tried all kinds of preworkouts. 95% of the time I just use caffeine.

My favorite--this is more of a treat than anything:

1-2g Kratom (hopefully a strain that energizes you)

1 CDB/THC gummy w/ 2mg THC (I'm very sensitive to THC)

Caffeine (a moderate amount)

The least favorite part of my workout is the warm-up, stretching, and mobility work. But with this stack I absolutely love this part. It puts me in a very yoga-like headspace where I really enjoy the pulling and warming up of the muscles. Also, the mind-muscle connection is unreal. I think this is a really great stack for building new or reinforcing muscle recruitment patterns. I just love being in the gym and exercising when on this stack and that's what it's all about after all.

I take creatine on a daily basis. It just makes me feel good and I feel like it has nootropic effects and there's a lot of literature that demonstrates it's ability to improve recovery.

Every once in a while I'll do a stack with ephedrine (Bronkaid--over the counter). It works really well in the gym. I will complete more working sets and usually achieve more reps. Motivation and focus is through the roof. But I feel like it lasts for the rest of the day and I'm racing around anxious and stressed out. I have a hard time being compassionate and relaxing. So it's not really worth it for me.

Agmatine provides a great pump, but I also get a great pump without it. So I save it for when I feel like I might be getting depressed.

Ashwangandha (KSM-66 from ND) seemed to improve my physique somehow and maybe gave me more energy. It's notable but I don't think I'll continue using it because it's hard to justify the cost/benefits. 

Nothing else has really stuck. There are some mushrooms that I don't think I've given a fair shot and I've heard some things about MACA so I'll have to give that a shot as well.

Oh, I should mention LGD-4033. The closest thing I've done to a steroid. Definitely made me stronger and feel better. Too good. I didn't want to come off it. When I did, I felt depressed, which may very well have been due to the suppression of testosterone. If SARMs could bring your testosterone up for a period of time and then bring them back down to baseline, I'd continue taking them. But there is always a period of suppression that, in my opinion, isn't worth it.

Nice stack.

I've heard this about Ashwangandha - When i take it i get really tired - I"ve taken it and slept 14 hours - I like taking it at night a few times a week as it helps with cortisol levels also.

I agree with you as far as the caffeine goes - It definitely makes the biggest difference in my pre workout formula.

As for LGD 4033 that's a peptide if I'm not mistaken - or a SARM...

Im already on TRT (I was impotent almost my entire twenties... until I got it) so my testosterone is fine.

I have some experience with peptides - GHRP and GHRH and MK 677

There fantastic...but you have to know how to use them. 

#5 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 July 2020 - 06:21 PM

I've put together something similar - as I'm sensitive to certain compounds that may be in pre workout formulas.

I take - 

AAKG - one scoop 

Beta Alaline - one scoop

Citruline - one scoop

Creatine - one scoop

2 BCAA capsules

half a caffiene pill

I should mention I rarely ever use caffiene - but I recently started adding it to my pre workout - half a pill equals about 1 cup of coffe for the dosage I purchased so make sure you don't take too much if you plan to at all. I would definitely add the AKG to your regimen but I can't comment on the rest. 

Some of these ingredients are questionable, like creatine, their effects depend on accumulating over a period of time for results, not immediate energy like a pre workout should be hence its name. 

• Needs references x 1

#6 DividedMind2008

• 35 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 July 2020 - 04:14 AM

Some of these ingredients are questionable, like creatine, their effects depend on accumulating over a period of time for results, not immediate energy like a pre workout should be hence its name. 

Besides creatine what ingredients do you find questionable?

#7 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 July 2020 - 06:50 PM

Besides creatine what ingredients do you find questionable?

Basically almost all of them, BCAA , Citruline , AAKG and maybe beta alanine which it just gives you tingling in the skin not quick energy.

Edited by kurdishfella, 17 July 2020 - 07:01 PM.

#8 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 July 2020 - 06:55 PM

A preworkout combo should be like (just quickly researched this could possibly be much better)

caffeine

tea

tyrosine

vitamin b12

iodine

ubiquinol/CoQ10

rhodiola rosea

Shilajit

synephrine

yohimbe /yohimbine hcl

phenethylamine

theobromine

Maybe this is too much at once though but appropriate doses need to be used

Edited by kurdishfella, 17 July 2020 - 06:58 PM.

#9 Laika

• 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 July 2020 - 12:47 PM

Nice stack.

I've heard this about Ashwangandha - When i take it i get really tired - I"ve taken it and slept 14 hours - I like taking it at night a few times a week as it helps with cortisol levels also.

I agree with you as far as the caffeine goes - It definitely makes the biggest difference in my pre workout formula.

As for LGD 4033 that's a peptide if I'm not mistaken - or a SARM...

Im already on TRT (I was impotent almost my entire twenties... until I got it) so my testosterone is fine.

I have some experience with peptides - GHRP and GHRH and MK 677

There fantastic...but you have to know how to use them. 

To my knowledge, LGD is similar to MK677. I agree. They're a pretty good option if you want performance enhancement results but don't want to go the lengths of steroids. Unlike me, most people find testosterone suppression due to SARMs use to be entirely manageable and they do not even use a post cycle therapy with them. There are, though, a lot of unknowns about the longterm consequences of SARMs use. But that goes for a lot of what is taken here.

A preworkout combo should be like (just quickly researched this could possibly be much better)

Maybe this is too much at once though but appropriate doses need to be used

A lot of people find Yohimbine to be VERY anxiogenic, myself included. Though a lot of people in the bodybuilding community do use it because it's apparently a potent fat burner as well as a stimulant.

Rhodiola could be an interesting choice. Not sure I'm following your reasoning for iodine and I've never heard of Shilajit.

This Reddit post is relevant to our discussion: https://www.reddit.c...you_should_too/

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for EXERCISE to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#10 Laika

• 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 July 2020 - 12:53 PM

This is also interesting in terms of pre workouts: https://chemixlifest...mix-pre-workout

It's designed by someone who is very nootropic and pharamcology-minded. Some if his instagram posts might be of interest: https://www.instagra...achemist/?hl=en

I'm definitely not one for taking overpriced pre-workout mixes with a ton of (in my opinion) unnecessary ingredients.

But it is interesting to consider things like kanna and DMAE for a preworkout and I certainly might be giving them a shot in my own preworkout stacks.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: advice, workout

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users