fda piracetam

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 02:21 PM

Full discussion on reddit:

https://www.reddit.c...d_to_piracetam/

Honestly am kind of biased against the racetams, so while not personally sad to see this, it does reflect a deficiency in the general process of approval or denial.  It seems these choices are made according to some political agenda, and not really personal truth.  It would be much more interesting to see the full debate unfold on what is safe, what is fair, what is accepted and what is just too radical.  I think we keep the elephant in the room and are too shy about the issue.  A lot of drug laws were set on a global scale 60 years ago, and some of the classes of drugs included just don't make sense today.  But the train keeps its momentum.

• like x 1

#2 experimenting

• 639 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 03:10 PM

Full discussion on reddit:

https://www.reddit.c...d_to_piracetam/

Honestly am kind of biased against the racetams, so while not personally sad to see this, it does reflect a deficiency in the general process of approval or denial. It seems these choices are made according to some political agenda, and not really personal truth. It would be much more interesting to see the full debate unfold on what is safe, what is fair, what is accepted and what is just too radical. I think we keep the elephant in the room and are too shy about the issue. A lot of drug laws were set on a global scale 60 years ago, and some of the classes of drugs included just don't make sense today. But the train keeps its momentum.

I’ll start the debate...

This is ridiculous. Same way that steroids being seized by the DEA are ridiculous.

What business does the FDA have banning these products?

Let’s say they are concerned about people’s health, well then they should have banned cigarettes and alcohol long ago. If you use addiction/capacity for harm/societal costs and burdens as a metric, the racetams probably have none at all.

All this while one of the more corrupt administration in recent times continues its nonsense. The hypocrisy is stunning.

I can certainly understand the FDA requiring extremely strict labeling, but an outright ban?

To ask the simplest question, how does banning piracetam serve the public interest?
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Good Point x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 gamesguru

• Topic Starter
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 08:38 PM

It has to do with fear of the unknown and an attempt to corral the masses into obedience.

The FDA has been of limited use from the beginning they have never regulated anything and only banned things they find unusual.  Just think about that, every supplement out there is up to the consumer, the free-market to qualify and evaluate and make sure is free from contamination.

The FDA must be a bunch of right-wing dunces these days they granted 'Breakthrough Therapy' to MDMA before Psilocybin.  Just think about it, a known neurotoxin which kills hundreds every year and whose users are colloquially known as "E-tards" gets government approval for PTSD before a non-toxic mind-expanding gem which scientists have yet to pin down as 'damaging'.. is something not beyond fucked up here?

It took them til 2015 to remove antibiotics from handheld soaps.  Tobacco for the longest time was sold to people aged 18.  They completely bungled and are still bungling the opioid addiction crisis.  I bet life on a small island nation would be a lot different, yeah, a lot quieter too.

• Well Written x 1

#4 experimenting

• 639 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 09:33 PM

It has to do with fear of the unknown and an attempt to corral the masses into obedience.

The FDA has been of limited use from the beginning they have never regulated anything and only banned things they find unusual. Just think about that, every supplement out there is up to the consumer, the free-market to qualify and evaluate and make sure is free from contamination.

The FDA must be a bunch of right-wing dunces these days they granted 'Breakthrough Therapy' to MDMA before Psilocybin. Just think about it, a known neurotoxin which kills hundreds every year and whose users are colloquially known as "E-tards" gets government approval for PTSD before a non-toxic mind-expanding gem which scientists have yet to pin down as 'damaging'.. is something not beyond fucked up here?

It took them til 2015 to remove antibiotics from handheld soaps. Tobacco for the longest time was sold to people aged 18. They completely bungled and are still bungling the opioid addiction crisis. I bet life on a small island nation would be a lot different, yeah, a lot quieter too.

Short story, the US is by and large a joke. It didn’t always used to be this way...but we are all short-termists now looking to make a quick buck. Nothing more to it. Consequences be damned.
  • Ill informed x 1

#5 StevesPetMacaque

• 60 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 07:40 PM

I wonder which pharma lobbyist was responsible for this policy. It's really the only logical explanation, given that this administration has otherwise gutted the regulatory agencies.

• Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

#6 experimenting

• 639 posts

Posted 06 June 2020 - 06:09 PM

I wonder which pharma lobbyist was responsible for this policy. It's really the only logical explanation, given that this administration has otherwise gutted the regulatory agencies.

Yeah, so I guess some pharma company is making a move in the Noot space?

I guess makes sense now that Silicon Valley has jumped on this train and it’s moved out from the fringe.

Just like Bitcoin a decade ago-expect all sorts of chicanery and possibly some kind of bubble in their stock prices/valuations before everyone realizes that there’s no one size fits all solution and noots and such are largely being used as corrective solutions.

#7 William Sterog

• 505 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 June 2020 - 09:30 AM

At least Iso is not here to see that.

#8 StevesPetMacaque

• 60 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 07:38 PM

At least Iso is not here to see that.

Conversely, it might have been better for him had it happened sooner.

#9 experimenting

• 639 posts

Posted 19 June 2020 - 02:02 AM

Conversely, it might have been better for him had it happened sooner.

Lol, what happened to that guy?

Wasn’t he megadosing piracetam and a dangerous steroid (deca?) at the same time?

#10 gamesguru

• Topic Starter
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 19 June 2020 - 02:19 PM

much like Satoshi he either killed himself, or assumed a new identity and never resurfaced.  he allegedly threatened his friend at the end, it's possible he's in jail for all we know.

one could debate whether he was truly using piracetam, or whether that was the cause.  if anything he writes is to be believed, he was experimenting with anabolics, sunifiram, potentially MDPV and other designer drugs, MASSIVE doses of fish oil and piracetam, and a host of  things that normally would be fine to dabble with but perhaps not when stacked against other unknowns

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#11 experimenting

• 639 posts

Posted 19 June 2020 - 05:20 PM

much like Satoshi he either killed himself, or assumed a new identity and never resurfaced. he allegedly threatened his friend at the end, it's possible he's in jail for all we know.

one could debate whether he was truly using piracetam, or whether that was the cause. if anything he writes is to be believed, he was experimenting with anabolics, sunifiram, potentially MDPV and other designer drugs, MASSIVE doses of fish oil and piracetam, and a host of things that normally would be fine to dabble with but perhaps not when stacked against other unknowns

I can only imagine what might happen at 24g piracetam a day.

I used to be a big user and I can clearly remember the arrogance. It certainly is an excellent nootropic in some ways, when I played tennis on it I basically couldn’t miss, shocked myself with how crazy my hand-eye coordination could be.

And yet at the same time it dangerously (in my view) shuts down some kind of higher order thought-judgment, EQ. It makes you into laser focused on short term tasks while blinding you to longer term and more abstract goals. At least that was my experience.

Maybe I’ll come back to it if I can stack it alongside stuff that mitigates those effects. Then again we’ll have to see what shakes out with FDA, I wouldn’t bother to start anything if supply lines are at risk.

Edited by experimenting, 19 June 2020 - 05:21 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fda, piracetam

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users