- - - - -

Brewers yeast and other food sources of NAD+

brewers yeast nad+ niacin

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 Gediminas Jesinas

• 57 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 02:54 PM

Brewers yeast earned a lot of attention for it’s high protein, vitamin B and mineral content. In particular it is interesting in my opinion for it’s high amounts of choline which is cognitive enhancer, as well niacin and other precursors for production of NAD+ - most promising antiaging compound. Although there are different varieties of yeast such brewers or nutritional yeast most commonly used for supplements and baker’s yeast.

Brewer’s yeast provides B-complex vitamins as well as many valuable minerals, including calcium, potassium, iron and selenium. It is also one of the richest sources of chromium, which baker's yeast does not contain, and has all of the essential amino acids, which comprise about half its weight.

Nicotinamide riboside is very expensive so it's better to get it naturally from food. I have ordered big 25kg bag of brewers yeast and now taking every day 3 big spoons of powder which can be added into soups or other liquidy products. At first it tasted bitter but with time I got used to it. High protein content makes it good additive to vegan diet although it contains purines which can causes gaut although I have no problems from consuming brewers yeast over year, maybe because I don’t eat meat. It's killed during processing so no risk of yeast infection. Brewers yeast seems like one of the highest sources of NAD+ precursors but are three spoons enough to stop/slow down aging?

Are there better food/plant sources of precursors NAD+ and other anti aging compounds? I read for example that peanuts contain high amounts niacin which I'm thinking to include in diet in higher amounts.

Edited by Gediminas Jesinas, 10 June 2020 - 02:55 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: brewers, yeast, nad+, niacin

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users