- - - - -

painkillers = mood boost?

pain killer mood paracetamol diclofenac sodium

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 MKultra

• 71 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 10:33 AM

I've noticed that e.g paracetamol or Diclofenac Sodium gives me a mood boost.

Diclofenac Sodium also definitely makes me more social, more talkative (being a rather quiet type of guy).

Anyone have any idea why this happens? I mean it feels like it should'nt have this effect? Not placebo since not an effect that i've been anticipating at all.

Edited by MKultra, 22 June 2020 - 10:34 AM.

#2 2 Duckets

• 56 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 06:53 PM

Paracetamol activates the cannabinoid cb1 receptors. Thats problably why it gives you a mood boost.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 YoungSchizo

• 855 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 07:01 PM

Whenever I take 2 Paracetamol before going to bed, next day I feel mentally healthier.

• Informative x 1

#4 MKultra

• Topic Starter
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 09:47 PM

Paracetamol activates the cannabinoid cb1 receptors. Thats problably why it gives you a mood boost.

Interesting, didn't know that.. seems like a reasonable explanation if so.

#5 shp5

• 219 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 06:11 AM

Whenever I take 2 Paracetamol before going to bed, next day I feel mentally healthier.

paracetamol and ibuprofen definitely improve my sleep.

Here's an old discussion on the topic

https://www.longecit...itive-function/

#6 rodentman

• 208 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 06:21 PM

Just as a side-note.  With anything that improves your sleep... always make sure that it doesn't do so at the expense of interrupting your deep rem sleep.  This can cause memory and cognitive issues.

• Informative x 1

#7 MKultra

• Topic Starter
  • 71 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 07:18 PM

paracetamol and ibuprofen definitely improve my sleep.

Here's an old discussion on the topic

https://www.longecit...itive-function/

Feeling a bit down today and i noticed i had ibuprofen at home, just took one to see if it helps, the thread was an interesting read. Thanks.

#8 MKultra

• Topic Starter
  • 71 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 11:36 PM

10 mins after taking the ibuprofen i decided to take 30mg of Saffron because i remembered i bought it to try it out sometime when i felt depressive.

It's been a few hours now and i feel really great, i feel satisfied (best explanation i can give). I don't think it's just a mood swing for the better because nothing has happened that has impacted my mood in any way apart from these two substances.

I have to test them separately to know what gave the boost, perhaps both together is more powerful or one of them has no impact, impossible to know of course.

Edit: if i compare this to st john's wort (which i've used on and off for around 18 years) this has more of an impact... St John's wort is more subtle. 

Quite interesting this.. there must have been quite a few times in my past that my mood has turned  for the better when taking pain killers and i have never made the connection.. when i took them frequently for my tooth problem i started to understand that they affected mood. 

Edited by MKultra, 10 July 2020 - 11:46 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#9 mbdrinker

• 135 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 May 2022 - 01:46 AM

The problem about group of painkillers like diclophenac, ibuprofen, paracetamol, etc is they cause hearing loss which I confirm. If anyone knows ones without bad impact on hearing please share info

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pain killer, mood, paracetamol, diclofenac sodium

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users