anti aromatase needed?

advice testosterone

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 faxmulder

• 101 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 01:49 PM

Hi guys,

MD advised me to take vit D and tribulus, since recent hormone panel showed low vit D and low luteinizing hormone (LH) values.

So far, I’ve assembled the following daily stack: magnesium, lysine, EGCG, chaga mushroom, MSM, polygala, sulbutiamine, shilajit and boron (6/9mg). At the moment I’m testing also quercetin for dealing with hay fever.

I’m considering adding an adaptogen (such as KSM-66 ashwagandha OR maca OR cordyceps) to my preworkout stack that is: agmatine, citrulline, beta alanine, taurine.

Do you think that, since my stack would potentially be comprised of boron + tribulus + shilajit + ashwagandha/Cordyceps/Maca, it will be necessary to use also an anti-aromatase? Or the potential increase in testosterone is minimal?

You know guys, I don’t want to get man boobs lol

Thanks!

#2 hamishm00

• 1,053 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 04:46 AM

I would add mangosteen which has promising aromatase inhibiting action, and other benefits:

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC2572570/

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Rocket

• 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 June 2020 - 01:17 AM

Where is your hormone panel? Need to see the whole picture to advise you correctly. Anti estrogen substances are plentiful, but to advise you what to take depends on your hormonal panel.

#4 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 June 2020 - 05:21 AM

lol copied text from raypeat couldn't even bother making it high quality.

#5 faxmulder

• Topic Starter
  • 101 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 08:00 AM

lol copied text from raypeat couldn't even bother making it high quality.

Ahahah man you are SO sharp lol
anyways do you have any feedback or the yellow background hurts your sight?

Where is your hormone panel? Need to see the whole picture to advise you correctly. Anti estrogen substances are plentiful, but to advise you what to take depends on your hormonal panel.

Below you can find the results of my last bloodworks (end of January). Thanks man for your help!

vit D -- 24 ng/mL
estradiol (E2) -- 26 pg/mL
FSH -- 3.7 mUI/mL
TSH-R -- 2.16 nUI/mL
*LH -- 1.2 mIU/mL
Prolactin (PRL) -- 10 ng/mL
S-Testosterone -- 4.68 ng/mL
albumin -- 4.4 g/dL 3.7 5.5
SHBG -- 24.10 nmol/L
total cholesterol -- 218
tryglicerides -- 71

#6 Rocket

• 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 June 2020 - 01:39 AM

Mods should close this thread. Its threads like this that give longevity a bad name.

"Hi everyone. My hormones are normal but I need help messing them up. Can you help?"

Edited by Rocket, 29 June 2020 - 01:41 AM.

• dislike x 1

#7 faxmulder

• Topic Starter
  • 101 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 08:14 AM

Mods should close this thread. Its threads like this that give longevity a bad name.

"Hi everyone. My hormones are normal but I need help messing them up. Can you help?"

easy man, I didn't know that Longecity had a bad name. I think it's a great community, maybe the "bad name" is from answers like this lol

For you reference, I've showed these results to my MD and he told that I have low vit D and low LH, so I wouldn't say that "my hormones are normal", at least not 100%. I have some symptoms (i.e brain fog, dry skin, cold hands) and I simply wanted to have a feedback about the above stack.

It's not necessary to close this thread, it's easier: if you don't have anything useful to say, don't follow this thread

thanks man :-)

• Cheerful x 1
  • like x 1

#8 pamojja

• 2,837 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 10:14 AM

Do you think that, since my stack would potentially be comprised of boron + tribulus + shilajit + ashwagandha/Cordyceps/Maca, it will be necessary to use also an anti-aromatase?

I think one cannot predict. Bio-chemical individuality is, well, too individual. With similiar measures sometimes my estradiol at times went through the roof, at more other times below detectible. What really increased my testosterone from lowest 187 ng/dl to 681, was acidentally overshooting my 25(OH)D3 to 135 ng/ml. By lowering below 100 also testotosterone halfed again. Must have a VDR polymorphism. Just one factor of many which makes it impossilbe to predict.

Only repeated retesting over long times would show.

#9 DividedMind2008

• 35 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 June 2020 - 04:28 PM

Answer is no. Your hormone panel is fine besides the LH.

If you find that your estrogen increases due to the increase in testosterone you can discuss the possibility of using an AI with your physician but I wouldn't add anything now. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#10 Seganfredo

• 108 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 12:55 AM

- Cortex phellodendri: https://www.tandfonl...396360802379073 (pg.188, Herb 5 on the table)

- Milk Thistle;

- Nettle Root;

ALSO:

1. an aromatase inhibitor is characterized in that containing the herb extracts more than a kind or 2 kinds that is selected from Radix Rhodiolae, Spica Prunellae, sweet tea, Herba Silybi mariani, Jasmine tea, Cortex Querci Acutissimae, Folium hydrangeae strigosae, Herba Ecliptae, bayberry bark, Pinus pinaste, Semen Arecae, Germinatus Phragmitis, Radix Rhapontici, Rhizoma Alpiniae Officinarum, South Africa organic tea, Radix Et Rhizoma Rhei, Folium camelliae assamicae, green tea, Radix Scutellariae, Herba Hyperici perforati, Radix Glycyrrhizae, Herba Senecionis Scandentis, Ilicis Purpureae, Fructus Chebulae, Cortex malloti japonici, Radix Polygoni Multiflori, Herba Epimedii, Guarana, bark of cherry, Folium Artemisiae Argyi, Radix Rehmanniae, Fructus Corni, Herba Asari, Cortex cinnamomi japonici (Ramulus Cinnamomi), Radix Paeoniae, Folium Pini, Fructus Phyllanthi or its extract;

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: advice, testosterone

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users