Taking melatonin in the early evening?

melatonin time

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Futurenow

• 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 July 2020 - 03:15 AM

I recall reading advice to take time released melatonin in the early evening (around sundown). I have been learning more about high dose (10mg+) melatonin from Rusel Reiter and other experts who are suggesting very high doses over 100mg for certain conditions. The 10mg timed release I have tend to make me groggy in the AM if I take them before bed. Has anyone else experimented with taking TR melatonin earlier in the evening?

#2 mbdrinker

• 135 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 November 2022 - 11:51 PM

1.5mg made me uncapable to work the entire next day in 2005. Now melatonin even does not help against insomnia

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 December 2022 - 07:56 AM

melatonin is a sleep aid its not meant for immune system benefits

#4 johnhemming

• 306 posts

Posted 07 December 2022 - 10:48 AM

Melatonin is really good for lots of things, but because of its sleep impacts I would personally not take it until after I have initially gone to sleep.  Last night for example, I took no melatonin before sleeping.  I then slept for 5 hours.  I then took some melatonin and slept for another hour and a bit.  That tops up my mitochondrial melatonin (cf RR) without disrupting the circadian cycle.

Edited by johnhemming, 07 December 2022 - 10:49 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 mbdrinker

• 135 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 December 2022 - 02:22 PM

I don't believe they sell real melatonin nowadays anywhere... read my post above

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: melatonin, time

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users