• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

What measures could a healthy young adult take preventatively to prevent cognitive decline and aging?

preventative young adult healthy

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Targz

• 38 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 04:33 AM

Currently, much of the focus of anti-aging research seems to be on rejuvenation of people already deep in the hole of aging. I'm wondering what could be done preventatively, besides low-carb diet, intermittent fasting, and regular exercise to prevent the emergence of cognitive decline and physical aging in the first place?

Currently I'm using:

- Low dose DXM (anxiety, aspergers, depression; sigma-1 agonist (inhibits microglia and reduces cytokines, inflammation, and excessive Th1 immune response), SNRI, NACh Antagonist, memantine-like NMDA antagonist, potentially switching to memantine soon)

- Cyclazodone (methylphenidate replacement for ADHD, medicated in childhood, pure TAAR1 agonist and postsynaptic TAAR1-D2L heteromer agonist (inhibiting D2L function))

- Aniracetam + CDP Choline (social anxiety, cognition)

- Quercetin (general health)

- Bioenhanced Turmeric (depression, general health)

- Vit A (skin, aspergers, stress) + coenzymate B complex (general health, ADHD)

- Agmatine Sulfate 500mg (depression)

- Nicotine Lozenge (ADHD, cognition)

- Magnesium Malate 400mg elemental (stress, anxiety)

- L-OptiZinc (ADHD, mood)

- Melatonin 0.5-1mg (Insomnia)

- Oleamide 150mg (Insomnia)

- Probiotics + Resistant Starch (often mixed with fermented foods)

- Irregularly: high dose Niacinamide, Biotin, Coconut oil (eradication of candida albicans overgrowth as needed based on appearance of oral thrush)

- As needed: NAC (mental health)

plus a few others irregularly

I do intermittent fasting for 8 hours in the morning, and in the evening I tend to consume 2 meals.

Meal 1:

any assortment of: 6 eggs, Salmon 2-3x/wk, oysters, sardines in olive oil or water, 1 whole head broccoli, avocados, olives, coconut oil, peppers, shiitake mushrooms, kale, or spinach

Meal 2 (every other day):

plain greek yogurt with blueberries sweetened with stevia + resistant starch, sometimes bananas for potassium (looking to add bean sprouts and kefir)

Hypothetically, if I had a lot of money at my disposal, what would be the ideal way to take preventative measures to prevent aging and cognitive decline? What are some things that might be lingering as a result of an unhealthy western lifestyle that I've yet to eradicate (ie. mitochondrial dysfunction, cardiovascular damage, etc. from childhood borderline type 2 diabetes, a sedentary lifestyle, and high dose methylphenidate and amphetamine use since age 4?). This is more sheer curiosity than anything considering most talk of anti-aging regimens consist of rejuvenation of the aged rather than preventative measures taken by healthy young adults.

Edited by Targz, 28 July 2020 - 04:35 AM.

#2 tarcisio

• 14 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 10:37 PM

I believe that fasting is a good alternative, as I followed some videos documenting the effectiveness of this practice. It is interesting that fasting is traditionally associated with religion, as a form of penance. In the Bible, it speaks of people who abstained from food for a long time, including Jesus. Hindus have also practiced fasting for thousands of years.

And I argue that the ideal is to work on two fronts: one, considering young people still healthy, that is, preventive application; another, considering people who are already old and can rejuvenate. I think it is important to focus on older people as well, as we would expand opportunities for everyone. Old age is a difficult age and if Medicine could not only prevent it, but reverse this sad process, it would be effectively contributing to reduce human suffering.

Edited by tarcisio, 28 July 2020 - 10:41 PM.

To book this BIOSCIENCE ad spot and support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above) - click HERE.

#3 Targz

• Topic Starter
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 10:16 AM

I believe that fasting is a good alternative, as I followed some videos documenting the effectiveness of this practice. It is interesting that fasting is traditionally associated with religion, as a form of penance. In the Bible, it speaks of people who abstained from food for a long time, including Jesus. Hindus have also practiced fasting for thousands of years.

And I argue that the ideal is to work on two fronts: one, considering young people still healthy, that is, preventive application; another, considering people who are already old and can rejuvenate. I think it is important to focus on older people as well, as we would expand opportunities for everyone. Old age is a difficult age and if Medicine could not only prevent it, but reverse this sad process, it would be effectively contributing to reduce human suffering.

For sure, I'm not discounting the importance of rejuvenation, I was simply wondering what other preventative measures could be taken as more of a thought experiment. How long could we push the human lifespan if we started thinking about these things early on?

#4 tarcisio

• 14 posts

Posted 02 August 2020 - 11:56 PM

Yes of course. We could reach a stage so advanced that senility would no longer exist. It means that it would not be necessary to rejuvenate anyone else because nobody would get old. Although it seems, for many, a fantasy, there are researchers who believe in this possibility. I don't know what to say, but it would be great if we reached that stage.

Edited by tarcisio, 03 August 2020 - 12:00 AM.

#5 Rocket

• 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 August 2020 - 02:01 AM

Exercise and nicotine

#6 escape

• 7 posts

Posted 22 August 2020 - 11:25 PM

Here’s some leads for you to dig into:

- Berberine (general anti aging, may need to be pulsed, no long term human data)
https://www.foundmyf...paign=berberine

- Mushrooms (cognitive)
Reishi, Lions Mane, Cordyceps
  • like x 1

Click HERE to rent this BIOSCIENCE adspot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 bosharpe

• 239 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 August 2020 - 01:04 PM

You've listed ADHA and ASD in brackets beside some of the sups. How have those particular sups impacted your disorders? 

To book this BIOSCIENCE ad spot and support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above) - click HERE.

#8 TheCarbonGroup

• 9 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 November 2020 - 08:16 PM

Apart from supplements, I think igniting the parasympathetic nervous system with breathing or meditation exercises daily, prevent cognitive decline and aging.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: preventative, young adult, healthy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users