• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Breakthrough

• Registrant
  • 34 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 August 2020 - 04:44 PM

Hello all,

I am a lifelong sufferer of SCT/ADHD-PI. I don't generate spontaneous thought reliably, my working memory is very poor, comprehension and retention is poor, verbal fluidity is bad, and executive function is terrible. I just can't seem to access a 90% of my brain function and thus feel very caged in. I am unable to carry on conversations because of lack of thoughts and can't bring up things that I've learned in the past or things applicable to the stimuli at hand. Even when it comes to entertaining myself in my free time, I can't even think of what to do, which renders me boring and miserable; this is due to cognitive impairment and not depression. I have been seeking relief for over a decade with no sustained success. I am now looking into brain peptides such as Semax, Cerebrolysin, P21, Selank etc.

Semax in particular has been shown, in a small study, to stimulate the default mode network, which is known to be damaged in the SCT brain. Therefore I'd like to know if anyone who has dealt with neurodevelopmental conditions such as ADHD, can speak to the effectiveness of a peptide, such as Semax, in the treatment of their condition. Particularly, I'd like to know if anyone has achieved sustained results, which go beyond the initial honeymoon period. 

Here is a link to the article referencing Semax in relation to the Default Mode Network.

https://search.proqu...holar&cbl=47742

Edited by Breakthrough, 01 August 2020 - 04:45 PM.

#2 RYAN474

• 45 posts

Posted 03 August 2020 - 03:51 PM

I am in the same situation as you. Starting to explore these same peptides. Currently looking for a provider that is familiar with using them. 

If you want to PM me I think it would be valuable to keep in touch via email.  

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 LazyDave

• 9 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 August 2020 - 11:46 PM

I am also in the same situation as you guys, and I believe more people. Always feeling and acting slow and tired? Have you tried Strattera? But how would you know if your executive functions are terrible? I do fairly well on working memory tests, better than average. But I do recognize the "no" thoughts symptom.

Maybe try Creatine + Glycine, I might try it soon. Someone discovered it just recently and it's helping him immensely.  https://www.reddit.c..._think_i_found/

#4 Breakthrough

• Topic Starter
  • Registrant
  • 34 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 August 2020 - 02:18 PM

I'm not physically tired, but I get mentally tired fairly quickly. I struggle to read and when I try I can only go for about a half hour before becoming drained. Executive Dysfunction is obvious to me; inability to make quick decisions or recall tasks or execution processes readily, and thus an inability to order steps and complete tasks. For me, anything mentally taxing gets pushed back because I can't think of the solution right on the spot, and unfortunately, pushing it back leads to my forgetting all about it and never doing it.

Strattera worked incredibly for me for the first two days, then gave out completely. I sure wish there was a way to replicate that Strattera affect and make it sustainable. It would also be nice if it didn't completely decimate my libido and sexual functioning.

I've been on creatine for months which has provided more sustained energy to offset my poor working memory (which cripples executive function). I've also been on glycine in recent months, which doesn't seem to affect me, unfortunately.  I've tried Sarcosine and Glycine, but neither seems to make a difference in me. I wonder what I may be doing wrong, or the glutamate system just does not need tweaking in my body.

Edited by Breakthrough, 04 August 2020 - 02:22 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 RYAN474

• 45 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 12:34 AM

I had good results with Straterra about 17 years ago. I took it for 1-2 years. However, it was making me fatigued and when I found a psychiatrist that specialized in ADHD, he took me off of it and put me on stimulants, which were night and day. 

Have you tried stimulants? I had good luck with adderall for about 10 years, and then switched to ritalin recently, which works even better for me. 

I tried a break from stimulants for 2 years and it was the worst 2 years of my life. I tried everything I could get my hands on during that time to remedy the cognitive issues. Unfortunately nothing came even close to the stimulants. One of the best pieces of advice I got was from the doctor treating my fatigue issues. After trying everything he had in his toolbox for a few years, he asked if I had considered going back on the stimulants.  I hadn't, but at that moment decided to try again.. and I've never gone back. I'm grateful for them. 

In addition to ADD-PI that was diagnosed when I was 20 years old, I was recently diagnosed (age ~ 31) with Narcolepsy after a sleep study. Treatment is the mostly the same (stimulants), although the narcolepsy diagnosis opened up other medications as well--none of which have been net helpful in my case. 

My main issue is cognitive fatigue rather than physical fatigue. The cognitive fatigue is apparently common with narcolepsy. 

Ipamorelin is a peptide I introduced 14 months ago and it seems to have improved my sleep immensely, which helps immensely with daytime cognition. I still need 60+ mg of ritalin per day even after sleeping 7-9 hours (usually 9). The 60 of ritalin with 9 hrs of sleep augmented by 400mcg of ipamorelin beforehand will get my cognitive abilities up to a 8 / 10.  Without ipamorelin, no matter what I do with stimulants or any other "remedy", the best I can achieve cognitively is probably a 6-7/10. 

Edited by RYAN474, 06 August 2020 - 12:35 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users