• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Drugs that increase Lower oesophageal Sphincter pressure?

gerd reflux acetylcholine hpa axis asthma parasympathetic sympathetic anticholinergic cholinergic

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Wicksy

• Registrant
  • 10 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 August 2020 - 06:00 AM

renderTimingPixel.png

I've read that Buspar (buspirone), Trazadone (albeit mildy) and prokinetics such as metoclopramide and domperidone increase LES pressure. Does anyone know of any others? I've also read that pressure is somewhat mediated by the neurotransmitter acetylcholine. For instance - Amitriptyline and Nortriptyline make my Gerd (silent gerd) worse - and make my asthma symptoms worse because of the valve being opened. This also causes upper oesophageal constrictions and subsequent sleep apnea and worsening sleep quality. I tend to cough up white phlegm as well - which is from the pepsin/acid fumes - very bad for my bronchial and epithelial health which have been under extreme stress over the last few years. My sinuses have also been quite damaged from this. 

Also, baclofen seems to have a positive effect on this as well but for some reason this makes me stressed out. I tend to have issues with my nervous system - some sort of imbalance - sensitive to cholinergics - low doses of anti cholinergics open up my stomach very easily -  Suggestions anyone? P.S started Lexepro a few weeks ago so hoping this helps

#2 p75213

• 73 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 August 2020 - 07:08 PM

Silent GERD is a curse which I've been living with for over 30 years.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Wicksy

• Topic Starter
  • Registrant
  • 10 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 August 2020 - 01:27 AM

How have you been dealing with it? 

#4 p75213

• 73 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 August 2020 - 05:03 PM

The stomach issues went away after I started taking glutamine. I eat some cheddar cheese every day to stop tooth decay as a result of stomach acid. However i'm left with the constant swallowing because of the oesophageal sphincter.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 p75213

• 73 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 August 2020 - 05:07 PM

This could be worth a try.

https://pubmed.ncbi....h.gov/18616070/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gerd, reflux, acetylcholine, hpa axis, asthma, parasympathetic, sympathetic, anticholinergic, cholinergic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users