• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Coconut milk - healthy or nah?

saturated fats coconut milk coconut oil mct medium chain triglycerides health risks benefits food

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 protoject

• 952 posts

Posted 04 September 2020 - 08:35 PM

What's the verdict on coconut milk in 2020? The high saturated fat content, is that dangerous?

Also, I'm an ectomorph and borderline underweight. My best calories are complex carbs to gain weight. But since my body uses up energy so fast, does that make saturated fat in general healthier for me?

Is the sat fat in coconut milk any different or healther than saturated fats in other foods? 

I'm not on any special diets, not on ketogenic diet or anything like that. Just basically I aim for high carb and high fish/ meat intake [when i can, sometimes daily sometimes not for a few days and I'll eat salads instead]

I just added 1/3rd of a cup of coconut milk to my oatmeal now, with 1/3rd of a cup of pecans and 1/3rd a cup of walnuts. 1/4th a cup of raisins. Cinnamon. Nutmeg. Brown sugar.  Good shit I must say! maybe nice to add a dash of kefir with that. 

I get my coconut milk canned, it's not a beverage product, it has like 70% trans fat or something like that in 1/3rd of a cup. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: saturated fats, coconut milk, coconut oil, mct, medium chain triglycerides, health, risks, benefits, food

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users