• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Wicksy

• Registrant
  • 10 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 September 2020 - 03:46 AM

Have people gotten different results 

I have extreme non-stop anxiety and fatigue, and this makes me bloated as hell a vicious cycle - and my main symptom is brain fog and cognitive distortion. I have zero patience with anything. My mind is always racing and ruminating on how to cure myself - medication routes etc - always wondering if Im making the right decisions..its a nightmare..I'm currently on 15mg Lexapro (and 1mg Ativan) and have been for nearly 4 weeks, after 5mg for a month and 10mg for 2 weeks. I'm not sure if the lexepro is even helping and my brain still feels like mush and cannot feel any pleasure for anything. And I feel like my brain is more inflamed from it, also I get anxiety from eating certain foods from it. 
  • I am sensitive to many medications - upon ingesting ill now within 2 hours if im reacting to it - my stomach will bloat up and I get short of breathe and its a struggle to breathe and my mood gets really anxious and paranoid
  • I have had success with lithium orotate but once I pass like 5-6 days on it I get really dissociated and get bad reflux which gives me terrible sleep apnea
  • I want to try an add-on lithium carbonate but I'm afraid it'll run the same course as the ororate version - (have people tried both and seen a difference?)
  • Anything anticholinergic seems to be bad for me, TCA's for instance make my Silent reflux a lot worse- but lithium seems to modulate and restore cholinergic functioning (apparently?)
  • I have so many issues and doctors have been worthless to me and I have to do everything myself - seeing a new psychiatrist in 3 weeks -
  • I want to try an add on buspar and Trazadone but they don't have in my Country (australia) so Im waiting on an online order from a pharmacy outside of Australia 
  • Lyrica seems to dampen down the brainfog but it makes me reallly sick 
  • Seems as if my autonomic nervous system is fried from years and years of chronic stress 
  • I believe glutamate antagonists may be of use here (Cannot handle lamictal) 

• like x 1

#2 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 September 2020 - 09:39 AM

Lithium blocks CRHR1 receptors in the amygdala. Maybe you will have success with valproic acid as well as it does similar.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 Wicksy

• Topic Starter
  • Registrant
  • 10 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 September 2020 - 09:00 AM

Just started Lithium carbonate - 3 days in of 400mg..have had 3 better than average days in a row - no coincidence there. Feeling like it will take a while for my system to re calibrate.. My mind, body and soul is messed up from stress, can't wait when I'm finally in balance 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#4 odder_sea

• 7 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 11:31 PM

If you are experiencing positive changes from short term use of lithium orotate, that transitions to negative symptoms after 6+ days, then I would recommend you try cycling, such as 5/2, meaning days on, followed by two days off. Quite a few users have reported better long term effects from lithium orotate when it is cycled. 

Also, you may want to try lowering the dose as well. It usually comes at 5mg elemental doasge, but I had better effects at 2.5mg with 5/2 cycling, and it is even available in 1mg dosage from life extention.

My first time taking a 5mg (KAL) resulted in pretty significant derealization/detachment. By the time I finished the bottle (60ct) on an intermittent basis, I no longer seemed to have such intense reaction, but I now take the 2.5mg from weyland in the evenings after dinner, as I've read that it helps regulate the circadian rhythm's in this regard.

What other supplements do you currently take?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lexapro, anxiety, panic, medications, autonomic, fatigue, lithium, glutamate, lyrica

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users